Celebration Night

OK so a few weeks have gone by and Let me still say I am still a little Bitter. However, the way our team left the Q on that Saturday was very depressing. They were depressed the fans were depressed and everyone was in bitter silence. The team as we all know is the BEST in Zips Basketball History 26 Wins Being in a Division I school. Well Monday March 26th at 7:00 PM we as a fan base have the chance to cheer for our BOYS one more time. 1st 500 people in the doors will receive free pizza and pop there will be team pictures and an autograph session from 7:00-7:30 at the 7:30 the program begins a Highlight Video the Band plays a few of the AK-ROWDIES Famous Cheers of the Year and speeches made by Coach D, Druuuu and RO-ME-OOOOOO! So come out and show your support because we all know that Our Boys deserve a praise cheer that they didn't get at The Q for everyone thought we had another game coming our way! So Come Be LOUD, Be PROUD, Be ROWDY, show our boys that we are still behind them! Also, MAC East Champions T-Shirts will be on sale as well! Any Questions post on here And I will try to answer them for ya!GOOOOO ZIPS!!!!!

i emailed the thought of doing this to Rhodes, and their doing it :) i think it is great. are they going to advertise it in the local papers an stuff? if anyone is going to have the shirts made with the 26 on the back, this would be a great time to wear them

This event worries me. If athletics doesn't advertise the heck out of it, will enough people show up to make it worthwhile to the players and coaches? Consider this:A) We couldn't draw fans with GAMES. Will we be able to draw for a pep rally? B.) It's scheduled the first day back from spring break. For anyone who's gone away for spring break before, the only thing you want to do for the day or two after you get home is lay around and recover from the trip. Factor this and the fact that students won't find out about this until mid-way through the day (if they even do at all) and there could be an extremely low student turnout. C) Are people really going to come out to celebrate a team who - based on season outcome - really didn't win much of anything in the end? And will they want to re-live a game that broke so many hearts in Akron? Now before I get ripped apart, I'm not saying I don't like the idea. I do. Our team had a great season and deserve a warm reception. I'm just pointing out some honest and realistic things to take into consideration. I just worry that if it's not done right, the players could be coming out to a standing ovation of 100-200 fans.

I will be there.However, "Quickasazip33", you need to modify the first sentence. The 26 wins is the best the Zips have done as a D1 program. However, as a fan dating back to the days of Wyatt Webb, his 26 wins in a D2 program were just as important.GO ZIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This event is a must for the team and the coaches. I'll also be there to terminate my ak-rowdies career.Just like the rest of you, i am really concerned about the turnout. A bad fan turnout will be insulting to the team. The only thing we can do is to be there and take friends and create a hype for this event.

Going to have to get Pluto's help with this as well as that of the TV stations. With the coaches leaving for the Final Four the middle of the week, it had to be early in the week. But Monday right after spring break is not ideal. It would have probably been better to have it the following week than to have it on this coming Monday. But at least the team will have a chance to go out on a high note and the fans will have a chance to thank the team for a great season.

I will be there.However, "Quickasazip33", you need to modify the first sentence. The 26 wins is the best the Zips have done as a D1 program. However, as a fan dating back to the days of Wyatt Webb, his 26 wins in a D2 program were just as important.GO ZIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sorry that is my knowledge since following the Zips BEST DI team in our History!

If the team will be there (think about how tough this is going to be for them) - then we can be there. We (in our household) are doing everything we can to spread the word - that is all we can do - that and make sure people understand this is about more than some free pizza and autographs. There has been a lot of talk about Coach leaving Akron because he might be disgusted with the Mac. But don't forget that another goal that KD and Dru and Romeo had was to make UA basketball an event - with great turnout. If they didn't get the message that they accomplished that goal by our showing at the Q - then we can make sure they get the message now on Monday by packing the JAR.

Figures I will be in Chicago that evening. No "closure" for me. :wall: I hope it is well-attended, and I fully expect it will be. It is a great idea. :bow:
You'll be in Chicago? Me too!I was hoping it would be later in the week, like Wednesday when I get back. But no luck....I hope the attendance is good. The team deserves it.

Whoever is in charge of the Zippy passes should send an email out to all Kids Club Members (they have our email addresses) about Celebration Night. I bet there are other Zip Fans (especially with kids) who do not read GoZips.com, zipsnation.org, or even lives in Akron and gets the ABJ. They need to use all their resources to get the word out regarding this event.

Thanks ZFF, I'm sure the community will really rally with that major announcement and placement.Well, maybe Steve will mention it on his show on Monday. I would call in and say something about it, but then I would feel like I was doing somebody else's job.