Any clue what is wrong with Harvey?!!

I recently communicated with david via email. and he had said he was doing pretty good now, but didnt say anything bout football, so i am not sure if anyone knows where he stands. Hopefully he will realise that he misses football and his desire to play has return an he comes back more determined then ever.

;) gang,don't count on seeing harvey again,,,this is a guy who,if thinking correctly would do nothing to jeopardize his football future...obviously the character flaws become obvious with people who are required to be responsible and who are not capable...stop dismissing some of this stupidity on the part of college athletes as 'youthful transgression' we have all been there... we didn't throw away opportunities like harvey had on 'youthful transgressions'...i fear there may be more of jd's recruits who go this route

Not speaking only about Harvey but if any of these kids get out of line then they should pack thier things and leave. If they want to act dumb and get in trouble then goto OSU to Toledo cause they are not welcome at The University of Akron.

Not speaking only about Harvey but if any of these kids get out of line then they should pack thier things and leave. If they want to act dumb and get in trouble then goto OSU to Toledo cause they are not welcome at The University of Akron.
better yet, go to Miami, Fla.

Like Igor Iveljic?I agree that I'd prefer character to be taken into account...but let's stop acting like we don't have just as many "problem" guys as the other schools mentioned.

SGM405 bucknuts.com is waiting for your ass. Why do you pretend to be a Zips fan. If I would have not mention OSU you would have just passed this thread by but I intentionally included OSU just so you would bite at it. Get the hell out of here and don't come back!!! :rock: Punk Ass.Those schools currently have and have had kids who spent time in the lock up or been arrested. And as far as the Zips current team if the school fit hit the door.

Just beacuse you fail in the class room does not always mean you are a bad apple. Kids can't help where they go to high school and if they grow up in a family that does not stress education. These days from jr. high up good athelets have been able to do anything and everything they want. By the time they get to be seniors in high school they run the place. Of course when the come to college then they are told they can't do certian things and must pay the price for their mistakes. Some kids change some don't. Most of the time it is the high profile atheltes. aka BCS school kids <insert OSU> So if the Zips take a chance on a high profile kid this will happen. But if one or two sneek through then the Zips make out. aka Andre Jones

guys you are assuming way too much with Harvey's "situation". unless you know what is going on with him then it is pointless to guess and most of these comments are only stereotyping him. i truly hopes that Harvey makes his way back to the field for the zips. he's a great player. does anyone know if he was taking classes this spring? :screwks:

if somone knows what happened to him / then to say things is pointless.im sure everyone on this board did some stupid things when tey were 18-21 also. people need to start looking in the mirror before critizing others.

One of the big things about spring practice is the change of some players from being average to being able to become good productive players. Mr. Harvey had better watch out, because some young guy might step up and take his job away from him (if he has one left).With the exception of a death in the family, or a severe sickness in the family, there is no reason for him not to be at school. Unless he wants to transfer.Harvey is an important player to this team and JD should give him until the beginning of May to register for summer classes. If he does not register by that time, JD should tell him to hit the bricks.Stop feeling sorry for yourself Mr. Harvey, nobody else feels sorry for you.

If this were Columbus and Ted Ginn had missed spring practice due to "whatever," it would have been front page news. Everyone would know what the story was. The Zips "Ted Ginn" is David Harvey. I can't imagine how terrible our offense would have been in 2006 without his quick-strike threat. If anyone wants to fawn over the local paper's coverage of the Zips, they need to get real. Harvey's absence from the Zips Spring drills is the biggest U of A sports-related topic at this time and no one is addressing it. That's flat-out pathetic. Supporters of the Program deserve better than vague, open-ended excuses regarding Havey's situation. At any other school, you'd know something of substance by now.On a tangent to GP1's comment: Harvey got by on raw athleticism last year. He ran a TON of bad routes. He and Lindsay were constantly on each other's heels. His not participating in the Spring's drills hurts him a lot. Assuming he would be on the team next season, he will be substantially behind in the learning curve. With 3 first-year QB's, that will hurt us big time. And, it really opens the door for a guy like Vince Hill to cut into his PT.I always have taken guys that are "too good to be true" with a grain of salt. I recall the excitement when Marcus Sanders transferred from Minnesota. Look what he did as a Zip. Nate Robinson was a nationally ranked 5-star DL…he couldn't crack the starting line up on a very poor Zips 2006 DL. In basketball, "Mr Basketball" Emmanuel Smith was a total bust, as was national Top 50 player John Carson.My prediction - Harvey is done. I don't base that on any conversations I've had with anyone. I base it solely on history. When a team's most highly-touted, talented player drops off the face of the earth, that's not good. He has…and it's not.

:thumb: Captain Kangaroo,thanks...if Harvey was MIA for a 'legit' reason the school would say that...we all know it...take IGOR for example...nobody in the AD talks about his arrest only his 'back injury'...if you watched Harvey closely last year you saw the chinks in the armor...i said it last year...when a freshman 'takes plays off' during the game there is something wrong...think Dom Hixon would have done that?

take IGOR for example...nobody in the AD talks about his arrest only his 'back injury'
I don't want to speak for CK, but if you read his post closely he is not saying the Athletic Department should initiate talk about problems. They are actually doing the right thing by addressing Harvey problem without really addressing it. It is the media's responsibility to investigate these types of problems, demand answers and then report those answers to the public. That is not what is getting done.I've had the chance to meet several football players in person. To a man, they appeared to be good people. For every one Harvey, there are probably 20-25 good guys who cause no problem what-so-ever. Personally, I don't think that one off the field fight that happened early last fall signals a team wide problem.

unless you know what is going on with him then it is pointless to guess and most of these comments are only stereotyping him.
I think I know where you are going with this, and I agree.When I was growing up, there was a certain group of people at my church and school that would say, "If you took the best Catholic kids around the country and made a football team out of them, nobody could beat them." Translation: "I'm uncomfortable with the amount of black kids playing football because I'm a narrow minded hick, so I've made up this fantasy in order to feel better about my racist views without having to outwardly express them." I'm not pointing the finger at anyone on the board, but if the shoe fits......I found it interesting that Harvey was the first player on the board that I can remember to have himself AND his family attacked on this board. Shame on the board!Whatever happens to Harvey happens. I'll be at the games regardless. Let's hope he returns to the team to be a productive player though.

unless you know what is going on with him then it is pointless to guess and most of these comments are only stereotyping him.
I think I know where you are going with this, and I agree.When I was growing up, there was a certain group of people at my church and school that would say, "If you took the best Catholic kids around the country and made a football team out of them, nobody could beat them." Translation: "I'm uncomfortable with the amount of black kids playing football because I'm a narrow minded hick, so I've made up this fantasy in order to feel better about my racist views without having to outwardly express them." I'm not pointing the finger at anyone on the board, but if the shoe fits......I found it interesting that Harvey was the first player on the board that I can remember to have himself AND his family attacked on this board. Shame on the board!Whatever happens to Harvey happens. I'll be at the games regardless. Let's hope he returns to the team to be a productive player though.
I read through this thread in detail. I found NOTHING racist and NOTHING attacking Harvey's family. What the hell are you talking about?That is pretty strong stuff you posted GP. And it doesn't appear to have any merit. Zero. And it doesn't reflect well on our board. The best player on the team is not in spring camp. Fans are allowed to discuss that without fear that someone is going to spin it into a race issue. If Charlie Frye were not in camp in 2003, fans would be asking the same questions. For the same reasons. It is as simple as that."Shame on the board" my f-ing ass. Shame on you for pulling race into a standard sports issue.

Yeah I agree with Cap - I felt like we all deserve an answer but at the same time it could be an embarasing family issue, or worse he could be trying to transfer to a bigger college. He still has a redshirt year and 3 years of eligibility if he did chose so. As a coach, if I had a player like Harvey- grades would not be an issue cause I would keep close tabs on his report cards, knowing it could be detrimental to the team but more importantly my job!!

sorry to get you guys fighting over this. i was simply saying that its pointless to guess what Harvey's situation is. i do feel that some of the suggestions are stereotyping him as a thug. someone might take that the wrong way. regardless, it appears that no one really knows or is saying what his deal is. i agree with you capt. that this is big news but its pointless to guess. it only does harm to the kid. i hope someone does find out what is wrong with him and i really really hope that he comes back because he's a hell of a player. :screwks:

Quoted from Razor's blog.

Arthur agreed with Jermaine Lindsey was playing very well but added that the sophomore receiver suffered a minor injury recently.He was a bit more optimistic than J.D. Brookhart about David Harvey’s return to the team in the fall.
Stay on 'em Mike. :cheers:

:nono: sorry GP!..not painting all the players with a broad brush here but i work in a lets say 'business' where i get paid to watch behavior...some folks make good decisions based on their circumstances...some make decisions based on only their own impulses and emotions...no we all do not know exactly whats up with harvey...but do you jeopardize what he had in front of him based on your lack of self control and bad judgement? i hope its not a 'fatal' thing....but...