Alleman predicted early 3rd by SI

timsum1283

si.com:BIOGRAPHY: Former Pittsburgh transfer who began his college career at defensive end. Two-year starter at offensive guard.POSITIVES: Strong, dominant interior blocker with a good amount of upside. Quick off the snap, immediately gets into blocks and holds the point of attack. Stays square, blocks with a wide base and bends his knees. Jolts opponents with good hand punch.NEGATIVES: Lacks lateral blocking range. Must improve his balance and learn to consistently finish blocks.ANALYSIS: Continually improving his game, Alleman has made terrific strides the past two years. Has the ability to add bulk and strength to his frame, and could develop into a starter at the next level.PROJECTION: Early Third Round

Brady Quinn would put the browns on a national stage.  We might have to consider him.
The browns are on a national stage already. There are browns backers clubs across the country as well in canada. They're probably one of the most followed franchises in ANY sport. All this, despite having sucked for the last decade. With that being said, I PRAY that the Browns do something wiser with the 3rd pick. I'd rather see Peterson with one year of splitting carries with J. Lewis. Let's face it, Jamal Lewis on a 1 year contract is NOT what he used to be, and is no longer capable of being a featured back.Oh, and I'd LOVE to see Andy in a Browns uni...

I've said it once, and I will say it again. Besides the few that are as tough as Charlie Frye, there is NO QUARTERBACK, college or pro, that can handle being subjected to the beating that any of them will take if they are the Browns quarterback over the next few years. And the Browns braintrust cannot possibly be foolish enough to put a multi-million dollar high draft pick into that position. It would spell disaster for this franchise.

Phil Savage is nowhere stupid enough to draft Quinn. Anything you hear now is all smoke signals.I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong about this, but you're looking at Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson or a trade.Alleman would be a nice pickup in the third. The Browns need to develop depth at OL, not just five dependable starters.

ok so I just got ESPN the Magazine NFL Draft guide and this is what is listed for Alleman:Profile:Andy Alleman 6'3.75" 295 5.10 Rd.4 (Sleeper) <-6th best guard++ Mobility+ Former DT whose stock is soaring. Beats defenders to point of attack with quick first step. Moves well laterally and can reach opponents lined up outside body. Turns the corner when asked to pull. Playes with intensity and awareness. Usually gets good knee-bend in pass set and fends off bull-rushers. Takes decent angles to blocks, flushes ability to adjust to moving targets in space and can make second-level blocks.-- Explosiveness- Plays with narrow base. Lacks ideal lower-body strength and won't drive begger defenders off ball. Struggles holding ground in pass pro when he doesn't keep low center of gravity. Lacks violent punch. Needs to use hands better. Inconsistent footwork.~(Equivalent NFL Player) Logan Mankins, Patriots.=63 (60-69 means gives solid effort every week but is overmatched by elite competition)Also:2nd best guard in agility after Ben Grubbs3rd best in run-blocking after Beekman and Grubbs124th best player in draftKiper's pick to run a play behind on 3rd and 3 (tie w/ Beekman)

Alleman is a good guy. Why would anyone want him to play in a dead end like Cleveland? That team is on a one way trip to nowhere.I hope Alleman gets picked up by a Super Bowl contender so he can have some fun playing for a successful team.

GP1....for the same reason we wanted Charlie to go to the Browns. We want to have more opportunities to see him play. And we can do that if he is only an hour away. Plus, he's able to come to Akron more often. Don't you think it helps for college kids to get visits from their ex-teamate that is now in the NFL?Having a former Zip who becomes a pro playing close to Akron has a number of advantages. But I understand your point about not wanting him playing on a crappy team.

GP1....for the same reason we wanted Charlie to go to the Browns. We want to have more opportunities to see him play. I wanted Frye to go to the Browns, but not for this reason. I had seen enough.Plus, he's able to come to Akron more often. Don't you think it helps for college kids to get visits from their ex-teamate that is now in the NFL?No. Most kids are more concerned about 100 different things other than whether or not a former player now in the NFL comes around.Having a former Zip who becomes a pro playing close to Akron has a number of advantages.Frye playing for the Browns has done nothing to help the program that I can see. Jason Taylor, Victor Green, Dwight Smith and possibly even Chase Blackburn have added more noterity to the program than Frye has.But I understand your point about not wanting him playing on a crappy team.It's more than just playing for a crappy team. Look outside. There are any number of NFL teams he could play for where he could be sitting around his swimming pool right now instead of living through yet another miserable winter and spring in NE Ohio.

GP1....for the same reason we wanted Charlie to go to the Browns. We want to have more opportunities to see him play. I wanted Frye to go to the Browns, but not for this reason. I had seen enough.Plus, he's able to come to Akron more often. Don't you think it helps for college kids to get visits from their ex-teamate that is now in the NFL?No. Most kids are more concerned about 100 different things other than whether or not a former player now in the NFL comes around.Having a former Zip who becomes a pro playing close to Akron has a number of advantages.Frye playing for the Browns has done nothing to help the program that I can see. Jason Taylor, Victor Green, Dwight Smith and possibly even Chase Blackburn have added more noterity to the program than Frye has.But I understand your point about not wanting him playing on a crappy team.It's more than just playing for a crappy team. Look outside. There are any number of NFL teams he could play for where he could be sitting around his swimming pool right now instead of living through yet another miserable winter and spring in NE Ohio.
Couldn't resist another chance to take a shot at Frye and the Browns? :unsure: Please let us know the reason you think Frye should be burned at the stake? :mad_flame: This is a thread about Alleman not Frye.

No. Most kids are more concerned about 100 different things other than whether or not a former player now in the NFL comes around.GP1 come on? you can't be serious about that? every time a pro athlete comes around there's a buzz. i do hope the browns draft andy, he'd make a great back up as a rookie and could start in year two. the guy's got great potential. :screwks:

The cleveland browns drafting andy would be a very logical thing, and we all know that cleveland doesnt make the most logic choices.... but i am hoping someone realises this kid has a ton of upside. He is the 6th-10th best guard in the draft and he has only played the position for 2 years.imagine had he started playing in HS and then at Pitt, before he transfered to Akron..... he would have probably been then best guard in the draft. But things worked out for him and i wish him the best...... even thought i would personally like to see him play with former Zip, Chase Blackburn and the New York Giants

best guard in the draft? I think that's an exaggeration but he might be the most mobile right now and that's what is helping his stock.
i ment he would have probably been the best guard in the draft had he played guard his whole life, and not only the last 2 years.

Alleman's one of those undersized (yeah it sounds strange when you're 295lbs), but mobile OL's that Denver loves. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up there, or even Seattle with Holmgren and his West Coast offense.Hope Browns resist the temptation of Quinn and get a slam dunk OT like Joe Thomas, or Calvin Johnson at #3.