Romeo on Cavs' summer league roster

Rather than concentrate on what Romeo can BRING to the team, how about what Romeo can KEEP with the team? I believe that LeBron's current contract allows him to seek a new team as an unrestricted free agent following the 2010 season. If Romeo's on the roster, is that less likely to happen? If Romeo's on a different roster, like perhaps LeBron's childhood team the Lakers, would he be more likely to go there? If I'm running an NBA team, I'm spending my last roster spot on Romeo to try to lure LeBron later on.

Rather than concentrate on what Romeo can BRING to the team, how about what Romeo can KEEP with the team? I believe that LeBron's current contract allows him to seek a new team as an unrestricted free agent following the 2010 season. If Romeo's on the roster, is that less likely to happen? If Romeo's on a different roster, like perhaps LeBron's childhood team the Lakers, would he be more likely to go there? If I'm running an NBA team, I'm spending my last roster spot on Romeo to try to lure LeBron later on.
1) Why would the Lakers want Romeo Travis?2) Lebron wants to win. Period. It doesn't matter if it's his best friend or an overseas player who can't speak a word of English...he wants the best 12 basketball players on the team. And I'm sorry, if Romeo Travis is one of those 12, the Cavaliers are in some trouble.

You're welcome to your opinion, but when my brother-in-law made this point to me a while back, I agreed with it. I'll stick with my stance.Yes, LeBron wants to win, but some people value friendships and family too. Besides, the Cavs won't be affected either way by who is sitting at the end of the bench organizing the towels. You can't judge the capability of a team based on who fills their last roster spot.

the Cavs won't be affected either way by who is sitting at the end of the bench organizing the towels.  You can't judge the capability of a team based on who fills their last roster spot.
Bullseye! I think most people understand that, and if Romeo is there in the end, I'm happy for him.