I77N By Summit Lake...WTF

g-mann17

I hope there isn't an accident there from all the drivers pointing and laughing at there stupid marketing slogan: "Every Minute."
At least they market their stupid marketing slogan. By advertising, everyone will see their stupid marketing slogan. By advertising, people will talk about their stupid marketing slogan. By advertising, they will accomplish the objective to get the message out. Like it or not, at least they invest in marketing their program.

that billboard ad is a deliberate throw-down to the UofA. There is no way they actually thought that they would sell enough more tickets by putting an ad on that board in that location to justify it. The only obvious motive is an in-your-face taunt.

While I have some of you on the topic of billboards....Has anyone seen a University of Akron billboard anywhere? Has anyone seen University of Akron marketing anywhere? (I did see something in the AAA magazine for season tickets)What is the deal with our current marketing "non" push? :screwks:

Has anyone seen a University of Akron billboard anywhere?
Behind the centerfield fence of the baseball field.
Has anyone seen University of Akron marketing anywhere? (I did see something in the AAA magazine for season tickets)
The AAA magazine is probably a trade agreement with tickets.
What is the deal with our current marketing "non" push?
It must be the new thing in Marketing. I call it the "if you don't reveal it, they will come" strategy. Brilliant!

that billboard ad is a deliberate throw-down to the UofA. There is no way they actually thought that they would sell enough more tickets by putting an ad on that board in that location to justify it. The only obvious motive is an in-your-face taunt.
Same thing as last year. Looks like K.e.n.t. will take the Marketing version of The Wagon Wheel for a second straight season.Waddell's crew really woke the K.e.n.t. Athletic Marketing group. He should get some kick back money for it. ;)

Several years ago, there was a Bowling Green billboard up on East Market for awhile (I don't remember the message, but it had a kid with a cap and gown riding a bike on it...not athletics related). I didn't really see it as a throwdown, however.

Waddell's crew really woke the K.e.n.t. Athletic Marketing group. He should get some kick back money for it. ;)
For guiding them to a tried and true method of not selling ticket?Memo To Can't State Athletics: Please continue to buy as many billboards in Summit County possible. In fact, buy every billboard in Summit County. We know from history that this method does not sell tickets. Enjoy the same empty seats this method has brought UofA over the past 20 years. No go drink some bong water.

Several years ago, there was a Bowling Green billboard up on East Market for awhile (I don't remember the message, but it had a kid with a cap and gown riding a bike on it...not athletics related). I didn't really see it as a throwdown, however.
Ah yes I remember the ole "Go B!G" campaign they ran. Totally for their academics and the fact that they pulled a Toys B Us gimmick really shows how great their academics at the time must have been ;) LOL. Yeah since it wasn't their football poster boy I suppose I didn't see that as an insult like I do when I see that horrible urine yellow billboard.I guess there just must be that much hate in me for the Golden Splashes.

You know, I just drove by that billboard recently, and once I saw it, it struck me as a bad move by Can't.Now, even though most of us fans recognize the difference between Can't's color and ours, there is a relative similarity, and one has to take more than a passing glace at the billboard to see the Can't symbol. Then it occured to me to consider what people would think when they saw it. Would they for a second, before they read it, think that it was for the zips?Even if not, and they quickly saw that it was a billboard for Can't, I then pondered what someone would think.... like.... "Why is Can't advertising here?"and"hell, if I am going to any local ballgames, why would I chose Can't?"So, what I am wondering is, of the people who drive by that billboard who are NOT Can't students or allumni, how many are really going to go buy Can't football game tickets because of it?What is more, how many of them are just going to chose to go to a Can't game INSTEAD of akron.Even better, wouldn't the billboard simply just, in a way, announce the coming season, and give those people who have a perpensity to want to see a game the urge to go see the team they would have anyway?What I am driving at is the fact that Can't may have inadvertantly helped Akron some, without akron not having to spend a dime on that billboard.Brilliant!So, even if it's not a bad move by Can't, could it not in some resitual way help Akron, mostly because it probably inspired people to think of Akron in a circuitous way without akron having to pay for it.