Frye cut????

zen

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my memory is correct, by accepting him in a trade, Seattle will pick up the remaining years of his contract at $1 million per year. If the Browns has released him, I think the Browns would have gotten nothing, and Seattle could have negotiated another deal.Is this correct? If so, then Seattle obviously felt that he was worth a draft pick and $1 million a year. Actually, that's quite a bargain for a # 2 quarterback.You guys watch. Just like Jeff Garcia (who has a similar playing style to Charlie), I predict that Mr. Frye will look like an entirely different guy when he gets a chance to play under a stable system. Something he's never been able to do in the pros OR in college. Crennel needs to GO !! There's no way a good coach analyzes his QBs for an entire training camp, and then pulls the starter he chose in the first quarter of the first game. And besides that, he never gave ANY of his QBs enough snaps in preseason games to even remotely prepare them to start a season. This is a HUGE error, in my opinion, and the Browns will go nowhere the rest of this season because of it.Nice plan Romeo. Like the one announcer said during the game on Sunday "I don't think any quarterback wants any part of this".

The Seahawks have been in the market for a backup quarterback, which will free them up to use Seneca Wallace in other positions around the field.
Seattle Times reports Frye to be 3rd stringer...http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...seahawks11.htmlSeahawks are busy today...made a trade with TEN as well.

(skip-zip @ Sep 11 2007, 11:22 AM) It is funny that there was a couple of people that didn't think anyone would want Charlie.  It is funny that is is often the same people who called talk shows screaming "If the Browns want to be a contender next year, they GOTTA draft Troy Smith in the first round and get Pittman (cut by New Orleans) in the second round!" 
I'll second that.
(Zipgrad01 @ Sep 11 2007, 09:13 AM) Crennel is in over his head and he needs to be the next one on the chopping block.  The Dayton Daily News allowed Romeo to clear everything up:"There's a plan," Crennel said. "I'm just not letting you guys know yet."Interpretation: "Why the hell did I ever leave New England?"
Very funny! Make the move now. Shottenpooper is available!
Posted on Sep 11 2007, 12:46 PM   Good luck to Charlie in Seattle. Whether you love or hate him, or whether you love or hate the Browns, this is a Zips site and he will forever be a Zip...
Agreed. Now I can go back to rooting against all other in-state (Ohio) college and pro teams, except our Zips.

Posted on Sep 11 2007, 01:10 PM   QUOTE (Dr Z @ Sep 11 2007, 12:40 PM) The Seahawks have been in the market for a backup quarterback, which will free them up to use Seneca Wallace in other positions around the field. Seattle Times reports Frye to be 3rd stringer...http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...seahawks11.htmlSeahawks are busy today...made a trade with TEN as well.
Who are the Seahawks trading to The Erotic Network?

Seahawks are busy today...made a trade with TEN as well.
Big deal. Romeo was busy too. Report from Berea was that he dropped his quarter under the vending machine.It took the whole offensive line to try to move the machine. Schaffer fell over on his back side. Thomas missed the machine and fell down. After they finally got the quarter out from under the vending machine, Romeo startedflipping...heads, Anderson, tails Dorsey. This went on for hours. No results yet...stay tunedA reporter ask Charlie what he thought, Charlie replied "I have a plane to catch, send my stuff"

Here are the comments from the Seattle paper about the Frye trade. Seems everyone else except Browns fans realize Frye was a product of the horrible Cleveland system. They seem to be very happy with the move.Comments: Report: Seahawks acquire QB Charlie FryeHe's a 3rd year QB with alot of potential, how in world did they get him for a 6th. round draft choice? I realize he hasn't had very good instruction there or a great team around him but really? OH, and good luck to Bryce Fisher and god bless. I Hope he has many more healthy years, and thank goodness they didn't trade him within our division...lolPosted by Scott (Marysville) at 10:26 AM, Sep 11, 2007I like these moves! Good luck to Bryce Fisher, he was the man when we needed him to be. as for the team just another possitive move to get younger, relizing they have to make moves like this too sustain this level of play year after year with out any drop off, if not just get better now. and Charlie Frye will be a great addition, he will benifit under Holmgren PLUS he never really had the chance to back up especially behind a good QB like Matt. plus didn't give much and he's still just 25 yrs. old and this might be the guy good enough to free up Senica Wallace to play the X-Factor in a few games.Posted by Scott (Marysville) at 10:36 AM, Sep 11, 2007Alright now that they have a capable back-up QB will Holmgren finally put his best athlete on the field at WR and take advantage of his talent? I know he hinted to it, please don't tease us Mike!Posted by Adam (Portland) at 10:45 AM, Sep 11, 2007Overall, good moves by Ruskell...Frye has more experience than most #3 QBs in the league and he'll get a chance to work in Holmgren's system in a real football team. His 64.3 completion percentage from last year is also encouraging. Especially wince the WCO is all about making quick, accurate passes. Not sure in the end if he will be Hasselbeck's replacement down the line in a few years, but he'll make a formidable backup. It also frees up Wallace for WR now.I liked Fisher a lot, but Tapp has obviously played to the level where he is better than him now. We had a backlog of DEs with Babin, Atkins, and Fisher (not to mention Wyms who can also line up at DE).So basically, we unloaded some salary with Fisher where we were backlogged. Acquired that #3 QB we've needed. And moved up in the 6th round with the pick that is coming back to us from Tennessee. Not bad...Also just wanted to say good work with the blog Danny. I was a longtime reader of Sando's when he was running Seahawks Insider over at TNT, but that place isn't the same without him. So I'm giving your blog a try this season. Good stuff so far...Posted by Andrew at 11:12 AM, Sep 11, 2007I don't necessarily like seeing Bryce go... I like bringing in Frye, as we really needed a competent backup for Hasselbeck that allows us to be creative with Seneca if we want to be.But nonetheless I would rather have the smarts of Fisher backing up Tapp as opposed to Babin. I think Tapp will need to be rotated in a lot to maintain his effectiveness and Bryce is good versus the run, can provide a little pressure when rested and is versatile.Oh well, I guess I just have to trust 'em on this one...Posted by Colin at 11:17 AM, Sep 11, 2007I dunno about this. I really liked the idea of rotating our DEs to keep everyone fresh/injury free. I think Frye is a hell of a #3 QB though. He may not have looked great in the past but its hard to tell how good a QB is when he has no O-line. I doubt this will free up Seneca for WR though. Frye's still got to learn our system and whatnot and I think that for at least a month or two Holmgren wouldn't feel comfortable with Frye should Matthew go down (knock on wood).

Seahawks are busy today...made a trade with TEN as well.
Big deal. Romeo was busy too. Report from Berea was that he dropped his quarter under the vending machine.It took the whole offensive line to try to move the machine. Schaffer fell over on his back side. Thomas missed the machine and fell down. After they finally got the quarter out from under the vending machine, Romeo startedflipping...heads, Anderson, tails Dorsey. This went on for hours. No results yet...stay tunedA reporter ask Charlie what he thought, Charlie replied "I have a plane to catch, send my stuff"
Love it

How on earth can this trade come back to bite the Browns? The fans hate him, so they can't ever use him again. The whole team stinks. They need a new coach.If Frye happened by chance to qb the Seahawks against the Browns in the super bowl I think both franchises would be quite happy with what they got.

I do hope this trade doesn't come back to bite the Browns.
No problem, the Browns will never have to face him in the playoffs, he is in the NFC....but Dr Z, what if...you heard me NEVER.
Hahahahahahha!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: I DO hope this one comes back to bite em. This browns fan for life has had about as much as he can take of inept operations and poor coaching. Go 'hawks.

Now what are all the Browns fans gonna have to bitch about now? They'll all look like idiots if they chastize Quinn for playing like the rookie that he is. I bet they'll lay all the blame on the O-line again, but apparently that has nothing to do with how the QB and running game plays apparently, if you listen to all the Quinn=Jesus crap.

uakronkid: my thoughts exactly. I said this to my pards when they first gave up so much to get Quinn. He will be afforded "excuses" that the other QB's would not, especially with the fans.In regards to the post about them only getting a 6th round pick for Charlie. What the heck were they supposed to get for him when the idiots played their hand by bringing Dorsey back? Any other team would have made the move, THEN brought Dorsey back. I am beginning to wonder about Savage, and I am a huge fan of his.

In regards to the post about them only getting a 6th round pick for Charlie.  What the heck were they supposed to get for him when the idiots played their hand by bringing Dorsey back?
Seems to be the going rate for a starting QB. Isn't that what KC got for Trent Green?

Best wishes to Charlie (this fits into my Frye will have Superbowl ring long before Quinn even makes the playoffs scenario quite nicely).Also, I doubt very seriously Quinn is given any slack from the Browns fans. He better hope he doesn't start against Cinci, because Justin Smith will be looking to throw him a welcoming party.Now we need to trade Romeo to Donatos for the late shift doughboy so we actually have a person that can make decisions and build confidence in the players.