Miami-Temple Game

ZachTheZip

This game will decide the direction the MAC East goes in for the rest of the season. A Temple win here would put every team back in the race. We only have one loss in the east and hold a win over a West foe, which will help in the tie-breaker that will inevitably happen. If Miami wins, they will likely end up MAC-East champs. Good news is, Temple is currently up 7-0 late in the first quarter. If they can hold on, we should be in good shape if we win at Buffalo.Other MAC scores: Wisconsin is already up 14-0 on NIU after only 4 minutes of playCentral Michigan is tied with Clemson 7-7 at the end of the first quarter

This game will decide the direction the MAC East goes in for the rest of the season. A Temple win here would put every team back in the race. We only have one loss in the east and hold a win over a West foe, which will help in the tie-breaker that will inevitably happen. If Miami wins, they will likely end up MAC-East champs. Good news is, Temple is currently up 7-0 late in the first quarter. If they can hold on, we should be in good shape if we win at Buffalo.Other MAC scores: Wisconsin is already up 14-0 on NIU after only 4 minutes of playCentral Michigan is tied with Clemson 7-7 at the end of the first quarter
Looks like Adam DiMichele, Temple's talented QB, just broke his leg (certainly didn't look good watching it on TV). We'll see if Temple can continue to compete against Miami but that is a huge loss.uakronkid - Zippy is only up by a handful of votes right now ... WHY are you creating new topics instead of voting for Zippy?!? :)

uakronkid...It doesn't matter if Miami wins today. Akron would still win the MAC East if they beat them in Oxford since we'd both have one division loss, and Akron would hold the head-to-head tiebreaker. In fact, I'm somewhat hoping that Miami wins today since that would essentially eliminate Temple from the race. And since we don't hold a head-to-head tiebreaker edge over Temple, it would be good to get them out of the way. We'll see how this all plays out, but this 6-game schedule to decide the MAC East title really leaves little room for error. But, I can tell you that our loss to Temple last week didn't matter much. Whether we had beaten Temple, or lost to Temple, we were still going to need to beat both Miami and Buffalo head-to-head. Let me explain...Even if we had beaten Temple last week, we would have been 2-0 in the division, same at Buffalo. And even at 2-0, if we lose to Buffalo, we go to 2-1, and they go to 3-0 AND they own the head-to-head tiebreaker. That would leave us having to make up 2 games on them, with only 3 to play. Pretty unlikely scenario.

Looks like Adam DiMichele, Temple's talented QB, just broke his leg (certainly didn't look good watching it on TV). We'll see if Temple can continue to compete against Miami but that is a huge loss.uakronkid - Zippy is only up by a handful of votes right now ... WHY are you creating new topics instead of voting for Zippy?!? :)
I heard that about DiMichele. That hurts. I'm planning on voting for Zippy later today after the Men's Soccer game, during the remainder of the Indians game. I should be able to get every single one of my screennames in before 11 PM. Check to see how far up we are then. We should put Monte away for good tonight. Soccer games always spawn a lot more votes because we remind the general crowd to help. I'll be campaining a bit while I cheer. :D

uakronkid...It doesn't matter if Miami wins today. Akron would still win the MAC East if they beat them in Oxford since we'd both have one division loss, and Akron would hold the head-to-head tiebreaker. In fact, I'm somewhat hoping that Miami wins today since that would essentially eliminate Temple from the race. And since we don't hold a head-to-head tiebreaker edge over Temple, it would be good to get them out of the way. We'll see how this all plays out, but this 6-game schedule to decide the MAC East title really leaves little room for error. But, I can tell you that our loss to Temple last week didn't matter much. Whether we had beaten Temple, or lost to Temple, we were still going to need to beat both Miami and Buffalo head-to-head. Let me explain...Even if we had beaten Temple last week, we would have been 2-0 in the division, same at Buffalo. And even at 2-0, if we lose to Buffalo, we go to 2-1, and they go to 3-0 AND they own the head-to-head tiebreaker. That would leave us having to make up 2 games on them, with only 3 to play. Pretty unlikely scenario.
I'll give you half of that. We need to beat Buffalo no matter what happens anywhere in the MAC. A loss and we are out of the race. However, if Temple beats Miami, it could just throw their season out of whack, while Temple still has two losses in the division. Any upset helps us, even if it is a little bit.

temple gets another field goal go owls.zips go to buffalo next week for a crack at first place.the bad news is cmu is getting drilled 63-14 by clemson.i said this before our conference is terrible this year.we will be lucky to have three bowl eligible teams.

temple gets another field goal go owls.zips go to buffalo next week for a crack at first place.the bad news is cmu is getting drilled 63-14 by clemson.i said this before our conference is terrible this year.we will be lucky to have three bowl eligible teams.
70-14. Well past the point of "running it up."24-7 temple, 8 minutes to go.

It looks like the USF upset was only the beginning. It's going to be another wild and crazy week in college football. Parity reigns supreme, and the media and polls either can't comprehend it or refuse to accept it.

i said this before our conference is terrible this year.
The MAC is rated ahead of the C-USA right now in the Sagarins. Imagine how they feel.

Maybe Temple doesn't suck.....At least now I feel better about losing to them....
Didn't they have one of the best if not the best recruiting class in the MAC? Miami looked overmatched and it looked like Temple had the better athletes. As a side note, maybe all the temple trolls on the NCAA BBS board weren't just blowing smoke after all..

trimmy not argue the point.they did give up 58 points to cmu.this is the same cmu team who got beat by clemson 70-14,and blown out by a 1-aa team.they may be the best team in the mac but that is not syaing much.
Racer I agree with you BUT!! Every team has a loss they shouldn't, Michigan loss to App St. Miami to Minnesota, Ball St vs. Nebraska, and the list goes on. Winning the games you are suppose to is what separates the good from the great

blown out by a 1-aa team
I think it's becoming clear that North Dakota St. is a very solid team. Perhaps the Chipps underestimated them. It's obvious, there are no "stellar" teams in th MAC this year, and this is all the more reason that I hope the Zips can just take the next few games "one at a time" and see where the "chips" fall at the end of the regular season.

Winning the next four (a fairly tall order) makes everything else moot - the CMU game might as well be an out of conference game if that happens. It will only matter if we have to go to the tiebreakers, and the way it seems WMU is going, that probably won't fall in our favor either.

I think Temple could be a shocker this year. We lost to a good but young team that is still trying to get their chemistry together.I don't know who is the best in the MAC but we all know that :screwks: BADLY!!! I think Bowling Green is pretty good. And Akron is O.K. once we get the QB situation fixed and our defense healed. Miami still has a chance. Ball State I still don't know about them.Eastern, Western, and probably Central are probably out of the question. Temple doesn't really have a chance unless they win out and Akron and Miami both lose one more time, but with their QB out they have like no chance in my opinion. I'm sorry that's all like thrown together but I'm watching the Indians and let me say one more thing :mad_flame: :mad_flame: :mad_flame: :mad_flame: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: AHHHHHHHH!!! but oh well. :screwks::champs::cheers:

with temple winning it give the zips new life.with the mac being down the zips need to take advantage of that fact.buffalo is a must game,and i would think we have to win all four conference games.the wasy things are going in the mac you might be able to win it with two losses though?