Zippy Wins, Zippy Win, Zippy Wins!!!!

zip81

ZIPPY_mascotofyear_1.pngAND THE WINNER IS....ZIPPY!!!!All of the hard work Zips fans put in to voting for Zippy as the CapitalOne Mascot of the year has paid off! CapitalOne Announced today that Zippy beat out Goldy Gopher of Minnesota to win the competition.Zippy won in unprecedented fashion, going undefeated for the entire competition.Congratulations Zippy and Zips fans. The world now knows what we have known since 1953 -- that you are the best!FINAL VOTEZippy 40,419Goldy 33,014CapitalOne News Release

They should raise a banner in the JAR that says "Zippy: 2007 Capital One Mascot of the Year." By the way, I've already talked to the Roo and she is currently enjoying this year's victory. Tomorrow, she will begin campaigning for next year.
I second that! Impressive win!Congratulations Zippy!

post-302-1199219550_thumb.jpg

They should raise a banner in the JAR that says "Zippy: 2007 Capital One Mascot of the Year." By the way, I've already talked to the Roo and she is currently enjoying this year's victory. Tomorrow, she will begin campaigning for next year.
I agree....hoist the banner!!! And leave room to add more years at the bottom!!!

Hey Zippy.....Congratulations.....but leave that green jacket in Orlando. It clashes with the Blue and Gold.
Yeah, I would have liked a fuzzy Blue and Gold jacket, since that course was no Augusta National. :P Now allow me to let you in in on my prediction for the 2009 Mascot of the Year: Vili the Warrior from the University of Hawai'i. Watch the Sugar Bowl for a look at the second-best mascot in America -- or the Best in Polynesia, as it were.Meanwhile the champagne corks are popping among the Zips in Paradise. What a day it is here. Go Zippy! Go Warriors, beat dat Hairy Dawg again.

Go Zippy and way to go ZipsNation...UNPRECEDENTED, undefeated Zippy!BTW - Zippy defeated Goldy Gopher of our favorite (NOT) conference in the final; not Hairy Dawg.

Instant Publicity has arrived, although not the best type...http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3299983Don't take anything anyone says seriously on that site. They specialize in making fun of the news.
You know, after a second thought, I do have to say The Tree is the best mascot anywhere. Ever seen him? He can turn the lamest costume into a reason for a party. And in the marginal mascot category, a runner-up vote for Harvard's mascot -- whatever his name is. It's just some dude in a cape and wizard's hat. But the cape has question marks all over it. This is a great costume only because Harvard practices reverse psychology. :D

The 1972 Dolphins and the 1997 Patriots should be envious. ;)
Indeed the 1997 Patriots should be envious. Drew Bledsoe and Pete Carroll don't have squat on Zippy.Jerry Glanville and is '91 Atlanta Falcons should also pay respect to Zippy.
Be careful what you say about coach Glanville. He's now coaching at Portland State, and they have Akron's number. ;)