Picture is worth a thousand words

UAZips

I watched the game last night. Bubba absolutely stinks. Someone please answer the following question....How did Bubba dupe one D-1A school into giving him a scholarship, let alone two? That guy is a waste of a scholarship. One of the best days of Coach D's career must have been when Bubba came in to tell him he was transfering.

Ok...I'll be nice for a second. Bubba is certainly good enough to get a scholarship. But obviously, no coach has been able to put the reigns on him. For that reason, I'm guessing KD wasn't too sad to see him leave. From what I hear, OU is getting tired of his style too. He makes a lot of poor decisions. If he had buried that shot, he would have danced around the JAR, and none of us would have ever forgotten it. Good thing it didn't happen.Seeing him laying on the court crying was priceless. It's about time that a last-second game finally falls the Zips' way.

Tim O’Shea quote“If you’re a fan of MAC basketball, you felt you saw a quality game. Both teams played hard on the defensive end of the floor. Too bad we couldn’t get the rebound at the end of the game. I wish we would have gotten a better look.”Translation: "F Bubba"

Most of you were probably there, so I will tell you all how Bubba came to cry like a little girl. I had to watch the replay a couple of times on ESPNU to see it.After dribbling down and taking an off balance shot from Buchtel Avenue, he tumbles to the ground and his little thin pencil neck is not able to support the Rock of Gibraltar sized skull on top of it. His head snaps back hitting the ground. Normally, I don't like to see a player get hurt, but this did bring a smile to my face. As far as his crying, I am so absolutely fed up with watching adults cry after losing a game, I could just throw up. It's so unsportsman like.

Most of you were probably there, so I will tell you all how Bubba came to cry like a little girl. I had to watch the replay a couple of times on ESPNU to see it.After dribbling down and taking an off balance shot from Buchtel Avenue, he tumbles to the ground and his little thin pencil neck is not able to support the Rock of Gibraltar sized skull on top of it. His head snaps back hitting the ground. Normally, I don't like to see a player get hurt, but this did bring a smile to my face. As far as his crying, I am so absolutely fed up with watching adults cry after losing a game, I could just throw up. It's so unsportsman like.
I was sitting right there in the (sold out on both sides, by the way) AK-Rowdies section, and I saw him fall to the ground and hit his head on the court. I have no idea what made him fall, there was no contact. Maybe he knew the second he released it that it ws no good and that his teammates would hate him for making such a stupid mistake. Or maybe he's just an idiot who forgot how to stand on his own feet.

I watched the replay a number of times after getting home from the game. Bubba takes selfish shot, does a spinning fall to the floor with the same theatrical flair Leon Williams displayed on his flop in the first half, hits the BACK of his head on the floor (see 'pencil neck/Rock of Gibraltar sized skull' referenced above), rolls over on his stomach holding the BACK of his head while he looks to see if he is going to get a call (NOT), and then lays there holding the FRONT of his head while everyone else shakes hands and celebrates/heads off the floor. Looks like Bubba continued to hold the front of his head (and somewhat covered his eyes in shame) as he walked off the floor. Bonk on the back of the head must have given him a headache radiating out the front of it is all I can figure. The guy goes 2-for-10 (for the umpteenth time) and has the kahonies to run off at the mouth ... nice job Bubba!

Three cheers for Bubba! The MVP of the game for the Zips once again is Bubba Walther. This is the second year in a row that Bubba has bombed out at the JAR. It could not have ended any better in my eyes. A classic Bubba mistake with the game on the line. Bubba you have definitely earned your year and half scholarship at Akron since you left. Thanks for being the arrogant selfish player when it counts the most. Remember Bubba, no one remembers the assist, be the hero no matter what! Be the man, take the shot and don't worry about anything else. Thank you Bubba for transfering, the outcome might have been very different if....no wait-it would be the same, KD wouldn't put up with your poor shot selections.

I watched the game last night. Bubba absolutely stinks. Someone please answer the following question....How did Bubba dupe one D-1A school into giving him a scholarship, let alone two? That guy is a waste of a scholarship. One of the best days of Coach D's career must have been when Bubba came in to tell him he was transfering.
That's why Bubba was a bad fit in Akron. If you are a Zips basketball player, you can't be a "minute monger." If getting 22 minutes per game instead of 32 minutes per game really bothers you, then you won't fit in @ UA. Bubba quit once Dials came on board. Unlike Ced, he didn't have the character to be a 6th man. Bubba can be a 3-point "freak," if you don't know his game. That's why he does well against non-MAC opponents. He catches them off-guard with his bizarre shot selection. And if left unmolested, he can hit those 27-footers with regularity. In MAC play every coach knows "Simply guard Bubba, and you shut him down." He is way less effective in MAC play than in OOC. Especially against teams that play D like the Zips.

That's why Bubba was a bad fit in Akron. If you are a Zips basketball player, you can't be a "minute monger." If getting 22 minutes per game instead of 32 minutes per game really bothers you, then you won't fit in @ UA. Bubba quit once Dials came on board. Unlike Ced, he didn't have the character to be a 6th man. Bubba can be a 3-point "freak," if you don't know his game. That's why he does well against non-MAC opponents. He catches them off-guard with his bizarre shot selection. And if left unmolested, he can hit those 27-footers with regularity. In MAC play every coach knows "Simply guard Bubba, and you shut him down." He is way less effective in MAC play than in OOC. Especially against teams that play D like the Zips.
The two shots Bubba did make last night were a result of Linhart getting a little too far away while guarding him. Guard him and he becomes pretty poor at BOTH ends of the court.

Let's see....if my math is correct....he now has a total of TWO FIELD GOALS in two year at JAR Arena. If I were his teammates, I would start calling to have him benched !!I'll tell you why....Down by only 1 point, with 9 seconds left, and your two big men are having a decent night inside. So, you unleash a 30 footer? with 5 seconds still left on the clock? When you have a time out left? And you could run a play and probably get a shot from inside the paint? And you only need a two-point basket to win?This is the untimate in selfishness. Bubba wanted to make the winning shot in our gym. And because of it, he said "F U" to his teammates.Congratulations.

Check out the last play for OU if you have a chance on DVR.Leon had worked himself to very good position against Wood .. they were bodying up pretty hard, and Leon had Wood sealed off to the outside. A bounce pass to the lane or a lob over top, and it's likely Leon dunks home the game winner.2 guys were well guarded up top, but Michael Allen was all alone on the opposite wing with 4.5 seconds left. Bubba had plenty of time for a skip pass across .. McNees was shading to the top of the key and Allen was "dancing without a partner" Bubba jacking that shot was entirely unneccessary. One good pass, and OU has a much higher percentage look.

Check out the last play for OU if you have a chance on DVR.Leon had worked himself to very good position against Wood .. they were bodying up pretty hard, and Leon had Wood sealed off to the outside. A bounce pass to the lane or a lob over top, and it's likely Leon dunks home the game winner.2 guys were well guarded up top, but Michael Allen was all alone on the opposite wing with 4.5 seconds left. Bubba had plenty of time for a skip pass across .. McNees was shading to the top of the key and Allen was "dancing without a partner" Bubba jacking that shot was entirely unneccessary. One good pass, and OU has a much higher percentage look.
Poor Bubba. You know he is dying to beat UA. :lol:

(sighs)