Not suprised, but Akron GETTING ABUSED!!!

Zip90

You know.......I didn't think we played well tonight, but I do think that when the game got physical, they were getting the "no calls" and we were getting the foul calls. What really surprises me is the way we got on the lopsided side of the fouls during the HOME GAME against OU. For the first time in my 30 years following Zips athletics, I am really starting to buy into the theory that we really are still treated as the "newcomer" to the MAC. And therefore, have to overcome the inferior treatment we get from the refs.

If we complain we will be called "cry babies".The reality is that the officiating was one sided and the Zips got mugged. No calls, bad calls, wrong call, on and on it went. Cant got back in the game in the first tenminutes of the second half by playing bully. They fouled, clawed, hacked, intimidated and in general had their own way. During this time the officials called SEVENfouls on Akron and just ONE on Cant. In a hard fought contest that just is not humanly possible. Saint Cant playing the Akron Evils. Get real. The officiating was a sham and an embarrassment. The league office is corrupt.Fact. Cant is a bit better than the Zips. Cant is a whole lot better when they have three officials aiding their cause. Grow some nads KD and forcefully go to thecommissioner with the game film. I personally saw at least three blatant rabbit punches by Singletary that were not called.Hambone gets credited with five blocks and was called for maybe one foul when attempting to block shots. He pounded Middleton to the floor ... no call. BULLSHITAs for stone throwers flaming Akron for having had a walk on who was involved in an armed robbery ... well, Hambone's girl friend sat next to me at the game. Shewas holding their baby daughter (a little cutie). The vulgarity needs to stop. Flipping "the bird" needs to stop. What value is there to a pregame warning when a minute or two later the Cant students are passing a female up through the student section while she has both arms extended in a one finger salute. The officials (cops and event staff) obviously watched her. Sheshould have been ejected from the field house.Hey, Rowdies ... no F-bombs, please. Let us have some class. Yeah, I'm a past flamer. mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.We lost because we got out hustled, out played, out coached, and worst of all, we lost our composure. Still, I do not blame the Zips players. The officials broughtthe bad ending on by their corrupt, inept cheating. It is evil for an official to favor one team over the other. Had the officials made better calls the incident at theend would not have happened. Notice, too, that while the officials "punished" both side, Akron received three times the penalty as did the Flushes. Think about it.One last thing ... the "WE SUCK" banner was fantastic. They were so stupid they did not even know they were being flamed.

Decently referee'd game tonight and if you think that any call would have switch the momentum you are wrong. You and ur faithful section of Zippy's should have never been allowed to mess with the tempo of the game, but whatever. Two teams that hate each other thuggin it out out there. Chances are, if anything, you guys will lose Quade for a game for throwing some blows at Mincy. Which is clear if you watch the replay. But whatever, the shoe has been on this foot about officating so I can see where you guys would be mad that you blew a 10 pt lead in 20 minutes. See you in March, just dont lose any games inbetween

Fact, we ARE better than you, 1-5... imagine if you had a player in between Dials or Wood, you guys would be in the top 3 for the Mac.... good luck finishing respectable (especially after the bracketbuster) when we see you in march. Cry about the officating all you want. Maybe the Wyomings and Temples could argue the same thing... Tahkn your weak ass coach and ur weak non conference... in March we will be there, better than you yet again... and to the 30 Zips behind the hoops, it is going to take much more than that to make a difference. AkRowdies, no one repsects you... enough said.

During this time the officials called SEVENfouls on Akron and just ONE on Cant.
This is the same thing that happened to OU in Akron, and people on here were calling them cry babies when they questioned the refs for it... Not you GZ, I'm just saying...
The vulgarity needs to stop. Flipping "the bird" needs to stop. What value is there to a pregame warning when a minute or two later the Cant students are passing a female up through the student section while she has both arms extended in a one finger salute. The officials (cops and event staff) obviously watched her. She should have been ejected from the field house.Hey, Rowdies ... no F-bombs, please. Let us have some class. Yeah, I'm a past flamer. mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
Very well put. I love some good trash talking, but show some originallity. F*@k Akron, F you K.e.n.t is just stupid. My wife is an Akron alum and we were at the MAC Tourny last year for the Akron Can't game. We experienced some of that K.e.n.t "student hospitality" from "students" who snuck into our section. After I sent a letter to Laing, he did call and appologize, but I see not much has changed.Besides sint it more fun to insult someone without them knowing they're being insulted.

I was pissed last night but I'm over it now.BTW, the zips did play poor, but that's after the psychological red flag was raised for the zips by the refs, and Can't knew they had a green flag. It makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the world when you know you cannot be aggressive in the paint on both ends of the floor, and your opponent knows that they can be aggressive. But as I said, I am over it. I knew this was coming, I just didn't prepare myself well enough for it.I should have just skipped the game.When I talked last week to someone about the game (a Can't fan, btw) I told them that this game was bad timing for the flushes because they are riding a win streak and they have to come into our house, and as I said "you know MAC officiating gives us more than a home court advantage". Well, when I said that, I was under the mistaken impression that it was a home game for us. I was still right about the MAC officiating, I just got the courts wrong.Nothing you can do about it. *shrug*I wont complain about it anymore. Whether it's true or whether we are delusional, it doesn't matter, it still makes you a "crybaby".

Interesting. Dr. Z you are one person I would never want taking my back in a fight. Your crap and crass remark about my comment and the Zips shows your truecolors. In fact, I doubt that you are even a Zips fan. Your post on the football recruiting thread adds to my suspicion. You make fun of the recruiting with thecaricature you posted. I challenge you to prove you are a true Zips fan. I strongly suspect that you hate the Zips.Before whining about twenty-three turnovers, you cry baby, check the box score. Cant had nineteen turnovers of their own. Twenty-three minus nineteen leaves adifferential of four. Hardly an indication that the Zips self destructed.Cant is just a slightly better team than are the Zips. I hate to admit that, but it showed. Akron appears to have trouble with teams that have two good big men downon the blocks at the same time. Look back at the Ohio game with Tillman and Williams. This needs to be fixed ASAP.BTW ... Lamont Simpson was one of the officials. He officiated the Dayton game. Post game review of that game film showed that he made eighteen calls in that game.All of them against Akron. Now there is an official that all Akron opponents want calling their games against the Zips.

During this time the officials called SEVENfouls on Akron and just ONE on Cant.
This is the same thing that happened to OU in Akron, and people on here were calling them cry babies when they questioned the refs for it... Not you GZ, I'm just saying...
MAC Refs are bad. No, I take that back. They're not bad, they're TERRIBLE. Not just against us, not just against a specific team over the course of a season. They screw teams on a regular basis, but it's spread out. They have an agenda, and it's obvious that they want certain teams to win certain games. They may completely screw over a team one game, only to favor them by a ridiculous amount the next game. It has to stop. The only wasy to stop it is to go directly to Rick Chryst and complain. Even then, it may not do anything because of his incompetancy as head of the MAC.

Cant is just a slightly better team than are the Zips. I hate to admit that, but it showed. Akron appears to have trouble with teams that have two good big men downon the blocks at the same time. Look back at the Ohio game with Tillman and Williams. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
This is exactly right. Last year Wood utterly demolished both Q and Scott, but Romeo was down there banging alongside Wood. Our duo was better than their duo. But this year Wood is alone. Thus both Scott, and especially Q, played w/ a lot more confidence last night than in any of the 3 games last year. Q's offensive game is still very truncated, but he knows he just has to stand down there and put rebounds back, while Scott is a scorer. We need Chris McKnight to come into his own over the next month and muscle Q around next time we see them (Q doesn't weigh much & seems to be mentally fragile when a heavier guy bullies him around - which both Rome & Wood did last year. In those situations Q all but vanishes.)But having said that, I was pleased w/ Chris McKnight's offensive play last night. He had 6 points (I thought he had 7 but a shot i thought was a 3 was only a long 2). That coming in the most intense game he's surely ever played in. Hopefully that gives Chris confidence & he starts showing what we all know he's capable of. If he can hit those mid-range jumpers and bang down low for rebounds, we will be okay.(As an aside - I'm rambling now - his "little" brother Brett has all the confidence in the world! Man, I think he should be getting more time on the floor. He's going to be a great player for us, maybe the teams best player next year?)

Interesting. Dr. Z you are one person I would never want taking my back in a fight. Your crap and crass remark about my comment and the Zips shows your true colors. In fact, I doubt that you are even a Zips fan. Your post on the football recruiting thread adds to my suspicion. You make fun of the recruiting with the caricature you posted. I challenge you to prove you are a true Zips fan. I strongly suspect that you hate the Zips.
Dude, you're on extremely thin ice, as you post this garbage on a forum provided in part by the cash, hard work and effort of Dr. Z himself. Questioning his loyalties due to an objective opinion about the game is bush league. It belongs over with the small minded folks at some of the other boards in the conference. Take it there.
BTW ... Lamont Simpson was one of the officials. He officiated the Dayton game. Post game review of that game film showed that he made eighteen calls in that game. All of them against Akron. Now there is an official that all Akron opponents want calling their games against the Zips.
FACT. Lamont Simpson made ZERO calls against the Zips in the Dayton game. He wasn't even AT the game. If you learn to read one day, you'll find that his brother Lamar reffed the UD game and NOT Lamont.My suggestion is that you settle down .. it was an emotional loss .. you're a big fan, and it boils over .. we get it. But lay off this "I'm a bigger fan than you" crap. There's lots of fans here .. some more objective than you on some days. Get over it .. others will have a different opinion than you. There's no place here for this garbage.Capice?

Interesting. Dr. Z you are one person I would never want taking my back in a fight. Your crap and crass remark about my comment and the Zips shows your truecolors. In fact, I doubt that you are even a Zips fan. Your post on the football recruiting thread adds to my suspicion. You make fun of the recruiting with thecaricature you posted. I challenge you to prove you are a true Zips fan. I strongly suspect that you hate the Zips.Before whining about twenty-three turnovers, you cry baby, check the box score. Cant had nineteen turnovers of their own. Twenty-three minus nineteen leaves adifferential of four. Hardly an indication that the Zips self destructed.
I think DrZ is right on the money. 23 turnovers is more than one turnover every two minutes. That's unacceptable. If they have fewer turnovers than Can't...let's just say 17 and convert on half of the six fewer turnovers, they have 75 points. The exact score of Can't. The six also gives Can't six fewer scoring chances and they score less than 75 points. Akron wins. In a game between two equal teams, one team is more likely to lose the game than the other team win it. Akron lost the game with turnovers. In the next meeting, this will have to be corrected. Actually, this will have to be corrected in the next game.DrZ is one of the most underrated posters on this board. Your reference to the recruiting thread is missing some of the humorous things he posts. I laughed when I saw it. Boards are fun if you mix in some humor at times.

One last thing ... the "WE SUCK" banner was fantastic. They were so stupid they did not even know they were being flamed.
OK this was somewhat clever but not that amazing. I'm sure if people dressed up in Akron gear came over with a sign we would do the same thing... thats like me sitting in a lecture class with 200 students and in the middle of it going "OH BURN, I'M NOT IN THIS CLASS, IN YOUR FACE"... LOL

One last thing ... the "WE SUCK" banner was fantastic. They were so stupid they did not even know they were being flamed.
OK this was somewhat clever but not that amazing. I'm sure if people dressed up in Akron gear came over with a sign we would do the same thing... thats like me sitting in a lecture class with 200 students and in the middle of it going "OH BURN, I'M NOT IN THIS CLASS, IN YOUR FACE"... LOL
:eek:

I liked it. You guys were brave souls to be down there amid the classes, vulgar, quite-less-than-creative unwashed masses that are your average Can't students. Once again, the AK-Rowdies shined brighter than the Can't students at the MACC. Good job!

GoZips...I do like you bringing up the Ham-n-Cheese foul on Middleton. That was a blatant example of how the refs were letting the Flushes do whatever they wanted. On the replay, the shot is blocked AFTER he clearly pounds Middleton to the ground with his body. If that doesn't tell Can't fans that the refs were letting their thuggery go uncalled, I don't know what does. There were others, but that one was unbelievable. And to the Can't fans who like to jump on this board and start praising their greatness...Do you know that you are 1-4 against us in the last 5 games? And one or two of those losses were on your own court? Not really the kind of record that would normally lead someone to pound their chest in triumph. Can't fans....note that we played our worst game of the season last night, which only resulted in a 6 point win for you, on your OWN court. If I were you, I'd fear coming to Akron in March.

Akronzip12345 i am sick of your nonsense already. you are sure if people dressed up in Akron gear came over with a sign we would do the same thing?Oh really? I disagree with you. first of all, please don't use the first person in: "we" would do the same thing because you are not one of us. So maybe "you" would have done the same thing but "we" wouldn't. "We" would check what the sign says before we hold it in our section. That's because "we" can read, unfortunately you "can't"

I would love to see some of the replays from last nights game. Being there with the other Rowdies and watching the gmae in person, just overall it was obvious we could hardly touch them when they had the ball for fear of getting a foul called on us. However when we had the ball it was getting pretty physical and Cant was all over us and hardly a foul was called during our possessions in the second half, the refs just let the game continue. It killed our confidence and frustrated our players and we saw the end result of that there at the end. Keep saying we should come to expect it but it's still unbelievable. :wall::wall: Also notice only Woods and Dials went to the free throw line for us....you're telling me those are the only 2 guys that got fouled that entire game?!?! On the Cant side it was very even between all their players.And I agree with everyone on how classless their fans and players were. With 5 seconds to go their players are up turned around facing the Rowdies flicking us off and yelling stuff. I went off a couple times at the end because I had just about had it with that game, probably should have just let it go but but their fans were constantly going at it from start to finish. So glad to be a U of A student.

I understand the frustration at the calls. But as I said to a friend of mine before the game: When two good teams are going at it, and it's your team that is on the road, you really are 10 points in the hole. Refs are human and are unfortunately many times influenced by the crowd. BUT, YOU HAVE TO TRY YOUR BEST TO PLAY THRU IT!!!! Not to pick on Steve M., but I doubt if any of his TO's were caused by bad ref calls.

That doesn't even make sense. You definitely go to Can't... no Akron student is capable of presenting such a poor analogy.

Wow, reading these comments you would think Can't beat us in the MAC tournament and ended our season. Does anyone remember we are still tied for 1st in the MAC East? Yes, this loss hurts, but there is no reason to think we won't have the #1 or 2 seed going into the tournament. This is a different era in Zips b-ball under Dambrot, so I'm sure even after a disappointing loss like last night he will have the team prepared for the second half of our MAC season. The good news is we still play Can't at home (which may determine the #1 seed), so leave last night in the past because we are still in the driver seat for post-season play.

Yes, the officiating was horrible in the second half, but is this really a surprise? I stopped going to Can't for a decade as I knew we had no shot.....The rough play was no different than the Buffalo game. Hard as it is, work on playing through it and with it --and we failed.Until the commish does something....it will not change. Needed someone to step up with a bucket to stop the run, and we didn't. Wood had two free throws at the time-bricked both of them.Middleton was no where to be found.....Ditto for Mylum. Dials stepped up big.....yet I think he had only one field goal in the last 10 minutes.Why was McNees in the game so much. Sure, give him a few chances to work out the bugs, but he never had it last night and he kept turning the ball over. Brett M. looks like a player ....Should have been in more....Although the bogus walk call on him when we were up 46-39 was the begining of the end. Love his aggressiveness. Thought Chris did a nice job as well....Thought the defense on Scott in the second half was lacking.....the only real perimeter threat they had....yet we could not contain him....