Big Game

bigzipguy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very big win for the Zips. No doubt the sweaters will complain about the officiating at the end of the game, but with some of the ticky tack bs that they called throughout the game on guys like Bardo and Brett McKnight, I'm not too worried about it.Player of the game has to be Cedrick. The announcers mentioned that KD has started practicing him again instead of trying to rest those injuries in practice and it is really showing. Him finding his game again along with the return of Wood bodes well for this team. And how nice was it to see him can those two FT's at the end of the game to shutup the sweater crowd. Doesn't make up for the finals last year, but it can dull the sting a bit.Maybe I'm gonna be a bit premature in this, but ladies and gentlemen, Chris McKnight has arrived. His defense is improving game by game and he's getting more and more confidence in his shot. That block against Bramos was a thing of beauty for those of you who were there or watched on ONN like I did. If this guy can be the 2nd man inside to compliment Wood down this home stretch, watch out.Nate had one of his worst games in a while on the offensive end, but he was really big in keeping Bramos out of the game tonight. Bramos never really got in a rythm. He hit a few miracle shots in the 2nd half, but not much else. Nate was a big part of that.Has anyone seen Jimmy Conyers lately? My god, what is going on with this kid? Supposedly an outstanding player. One of the best pure ballers this University has ever recruited. I don't even think he played tonight. Is he really that bad? What is going on with him?Really nice play out of Bardo tonight. He's never going to be a guy who will get you double figure scoring inside, but he's pesky enough on the defensive end and he isn't totally lost anymore on offense.Another ho-hum workman-like solid night for Dials. Brett McKnight committed some fouls, scored some points, got lost on defense. McNees wasn't as much of a factor scoring, but Miami worrying about him opened some things up for other guys. Milum had a couple really nice putbacks and one good block. Roberts barely played.

H-U-G-E win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: WAY TO CRASH THE OFFENSIVE BOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: GREAT DEFENSE DOWN THE STRETCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: THANK YOU ROWDIES FOR BEING THERE FOR OUR GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:Image00001.jpg

What a huge win. We're back baby... with a first round bye pretty much guarranteed, let's secure that 3rd seed and every body gotta watch out at the Q.I have to admit, once we were up by two and Linhart missed the one and one with 12 seconds left, i thought we will see a deja vu. I am glad somebody blocked that shot.As someone else said, it is great to have Cedrick back and even greater to welcome C McKnight.Now we need a big favour from Mr Coles and his team when OU visit Millet hall.

at least the team has some time before the vcu game to rest.i think the million dollar questions is j.w. for the vcu game.does he play alott? also can he just take up space or contribute.i think there is no way to simulate game speed at practive.the thought of him playing so soon scares me though.

There's something else that could really work in our favor.....Ohio plays at Miami only 3 days after their home bracketbuster game against George Mason. That could be just what we need to get that #3 spot. That would make #4 Ohio have to play #1 Can't in the semis. Now that we pretty much have the #4, getting that #3 would be really big. Finally, MAC basketball fans could get to see an Akron/Can't final. It has never happened.

Nate had one of his worst games in a while on the offensive end, but he was really big in keeping Bramos out of the game tonight. Bramos never really got in a rythm. He hit a few miracle shots in the 2nd half, but not much else. Nate was a big part of that.
Nate is a real streaky player. But he does play well on the Defensive end most of the time. He did not tonight. Hayes, who he was guarding until the end (which was Bramos), was lighting him up early. But I think that he has answerd all of the questions that a lot of us was having with him in the beginning of the year. He will be back to his ole self this season, just as long as he doesnt break another thumb. just got back from my trip to oxford. what a huge win for the zippers. we showed a lot of poise and seemed to execute real well. we have been starting to play in the new 'guard' style offense pretty well lately. it will be interesting to see how this benifits us or hurts us (as we transition back to playing through the block) as the year ends.and i cant go without mentioning that the rowdies were great tonight. not only was this the best/biggest road win, but it was the rowdies best/biggest performance on the road as well. great job and very cool.