Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

]Tragically, that video that was just "thrown together on iMovies" is far superior to anything I've seen come out of our athletics dept.
Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Can we see less commercials with Doc Proenza holding balls in his hands and more like that one? Great shots of campus and of the stadium/history. All of which can conveniently be found using google images! :thumb:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to say it, but many pieces of sod behind and to the right of the goal post already have turned brown.
I saw that.But, at this point and given the cams.We can't tell if the grass has actually turned brown or maybe it dirt in some thin areas that might need re-doing.I believe we need some much closer pictures to tell if grass turning brown or dirt.

Ya know I've wanted to ask this same question, but I was kinda overwhelmed being on the tour. The concrete looks bad, and that's my only complaint about the Info.The plans show that area to be brick or at least fake brick veneer. Either way, it would be a huge improvement to appearance of the concrete. And speaking of concrete, the sheer volume of concrete up by the loges doesn't look so great either. Way too prominent.I'm not sure paint is a very good option. Perhaps there is a positive side to all that concrete real estate....it could be prime space to generate income from sponsors.

Are they going to be painting the concrete at field level around the field? All the gray in the photos looks worn already... You can actually see the rain stains down the fronts of some of them? Any update for those of you who took the tour?

And speaking of concrete, the sheer volume of concrete up by the loges doesn't look so great either. Way too prominent.
I think some of that concrete, at least on the FirstMerit Club level, will be covered with 522 premium seats, presumably along the lines of the stadium seats in Canal Park or Progressive Field.Above that, four chairs and a table are to be installed in each of the 38 loge boxes.http://www.gozips.com/fls/10800/PDF/U%20of...DB_OEM_ID=10800

Ya know I've wanted to ask this same question, but I was kinda overwhelmed being on the tour. The concrete looks bad, and that's my only complaint about the Info.The plans show that area to be brick or at least fake brick veneer. Either way, it would be a huge improvement to appearance of the concrete. And speaking of concrete, the sheer volume of concrete up by the loges doesn't look so great either. Way too prominent.I'm not sure paint is a very good option. Perhaps there is a positive side to all that concrete real estate....it could be prime space to generate income from sponsors.
Are they going to be painting the concrete at field level around the field? All the gray in the photos looks worn already... You can actually see the rain stains down the fronts of some of them? Any update for those of you who took the tour?
I have asked this question before and there does not seem to be a definitive answer. My guess is the brick facade is not happening at this point, with the "construction" being complete on the field. I would look for blue & gold padding, which would be just fine (similar to how the Browns have brown padding surrounding the field). I do hope it is more of a CLASSIC padding look..maybe a couple athletic logos, but not all kinds of pictures. At this point, I expect them to keep it simple.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/52521307.htmlAn article on the expectations this stadium has created.
It's not a case of ''build it and they will come,'' as in Field Of Dreams. It's ''build it, win and they will come.''
The other unique circumstance features the three-sided dynamic of InfoCision Stadium, coach J.D. Brookhart and the new UA director of athletics, who might be named this month.Brookhart enters 2009 on a three-year losing streak, via records of 5-7 in 2006 and 2008, and 4-8 in 2007.A fourth one might guarantee his demise, given the resources allocated to the new stadium and the urgency of having a winning team in it that will draw fans and excite them.A new athletic director would then almost have to take a stand and show strength by making a move. He or she would want to have their own head coach in place as the most important era in UA football history moves forward.It might not necessarily be the right move, but it would show the UA faithful that something is being done and that losing is never going to be acceptable, given the university's commitment to football and football facilities.
Win, baby, win.

Thanks for the link Boston Zip, forgot about that!Xu I think blue and gold padding would look great. I just think as great as the place looks, especially with the emphasis of the red brick, keeping that predominance of concrete would very much out of character with the rest of the stadium.Anyhoo, GO ZIPS!!!!