Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

post-4136-1247004020_thumb.jpg I was able to quickly swing past the stadium site this afternoon while running some errands. I apologize for not having time to take more (or very decent quality) pictures, but here is a quick picture I took with my Blackberry of the progress of the brick work on the outside of the east stands. The picture is taken at just about what used to be the intersection of Spicer and Nash Streets facing west. Hope this gives those who can only see what's going on in the webcams a slightly better idea of the progress on the outer facade of the stadium.
Thanks. That is the type of thing I was looking for. On the cams we can only see the inside stuff.Thanks again.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live out of town, but I was in Akron a few weeks ago and paid a visit to the campus to see the stadium. The pictures that are being posted here are great, but seeing the Info up close is really something. It is a very impressive impressive structure. Also, you guys are right. That plasma center is awful. I hope that someday that block will be bulldozed and the campus will expand south.

It may have been discussed already, but has anyone noticed that on either side of the 50 yard line they don't alternate the color of the grass? That doesn't look right. :nono:
On alternating 5 yards look. You leave the ten yards the same color from the 45 to 45 yard line and alternate the 5 yards after that. I asked the company why that is done and they said most schools feel the logo on the 50 yard looks better if the 5 yards to either side of the 50 are same color. It makes sense and looks alright to me. ;)

Awesome, I love that they have the picture from the perspective of the rendering.The weird thing is, the sideline turf depending on the side (facing north or facing south) one side is greener than the other.
The grass is always greener on the other side. sorry had to say it.

Awesome, I love that they have the picture from the perspective of the rendering.The weird thing is, the sideline turf depending on the side (facing north or facing south) one side is greener than the other.
You have to remember that side is where the visiting team will be. They are getting ready for Can't and started taking leaks there on a daily basis. :blink:

Stadium is "85% done"And holy crap, the new parking deck is costing $28 million! :blink:
I'm worried about parking, but I'm hoping for traffic. :D Thankfully I’m close enough that I can walk. By the way, how do you think they will handle the demand for student tickets? 5,500 seems way low to me. This isn't just a football game, this is history; students will be there!

I thought this was interesting:

Already InfoCision Stadium is bringing in more revenue than the Rubber Bowl, Yurachek said.When the Zips won the MAC championship in 2005 — its best football season — the university sold 1,247 season tickets. Total ticket revenue for that season was $154,911.So far for fall 2009, UA has raised about $1.1 million by selling 4,493 season tickets, 125 club seats, 34 loges and 13 luxury suites.The goal is 10,000 season tickets by the time UA makes its first debt payment for the stadium in June 2010.
The stadium is already bringing in over $1 million before the first game of the season. Add in GA tickets and concessions for every game and you're talking about a major source of revenue.

Stadium is "85% done"And holy crap, the new parking deck is costing $28 million! :blink:
I'm worried about parking, but I'm hoping for traffic. :D Thankfully I’m close enough that I can walk. By the way, how do you think they will handle the demand for student tickets? 5,500 seems way low to me. This isn't just a football game, this is history; students will be there!
I believe they said that students will have to go and pick up actual tickets (free of course) for the "4 main games".Those being...Home OpenerIndianaOhio (Homecoming)Can't (Wagon Wheel game)As always first come first serve.

It's great seeing the upper deck going in on the pressbox. :D They started working on the remaining part of the dech June 16th and today July 10th all the supports are in place and all that's left is the steel under the seats. That's amazing seeing all that completed to this point in less then a month. :blink:

It's great seeing the upper deck going in on the pressbox. :D They started working on the remaining part of the dech June 16th and today July 10th all the supports are in place and all that's left is the steel under the seats. That's amazing seeing all that completed to this point in less then a month. :blink:
They reall are moving. I was worried but now it is looking great. Do you think grass will have time to grow if blown in on the berm?

They reall are moving. I was worried but now it is looking great. Do you think grass will have time to grow if blown in on the berm?
July or August is not the ideal time to be planting grass (the worst, actually), but it will grow.As nice is it will be to have fans packed into the berm, my suggestion would be to keep the berm closed this season unless all the other seats are filled and it has to be used (a nice problem to have). Otherwise, the grass will be destroyed in no time.

yeah, I can't believe the never planted the grass. All that soil just gets erosion topography without grass and they'll have to go back and smooth it out again. I'd think they'd want thick full 4 month grass growth.Maybe they'll bring in pregrown grass like landscapers do?

I'm worried about parking, but I'm hoping for traffic. :D Thankfully I’m close enough that I can walk.
I'm not concerned about parking. People will figure it out. How much nearby parking is there for Ohio Stadium? Not much, but somehow 105,000 people manage to find their way to the stadium every game. I DO hope UA and/or the Beacon Journal creates a parking map graphic like this one for Ohio Stadium.

I would be surprised if they didn't lay down sod.
They said sod would be too slippery to use the hill for seating. But, I don't feel grass would have time enough to grow and take root between now and 09/12. I'm with you on them using some type of sod on the hill as seed would had to been planted back in May timeframe.We'll have to wait and see.

I hydroseeded my yard last year this time, it still isn't ready to have a party on. Next year.I don't have a watering system though, I had to water by hand. So if they seed, it may look okay, but I would guess nobody would be able to walk on it this year.It usually takes about a month for sod to take root with proper watering.