Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Everybody ... first-time poster here. :screwks: Anyone know what the white-ish platforms are on the top few rows of the lower bowl of the east stands that can be seen in the third stadium cam? I can't figure it out. Thanks!
Video boards awaiting installation? Looks like there are a few in the same spot on the west bowl.
I think those platforms might be the base for handicapped seating areas. If you look at the seating diagram on the Tickets page of the UA website, there are rectangular lines at the back of lower sections 101 through 113 on the east side, and sections 108 through 120 on the west side.

I see rows of columns around the north end of the stadium. Perhaps a wrought-iron fence is going up?
You are correct, there are brick columns at both the north and south ends of the stadium awaiting black iron fence inserts and concrete capitals. There is already a substantial length of completed fencing between the Jackson field and the back of the west stands, and it looks gorgeous.

looks like they're getting ready to or are already paving the section of Vine st. along the north end of the stadium. also looks like the over-glorified stairs are getting another roofing material... maybe this is the FINAL layer?!i also notice they're pouring the concrete floor over on the east side... my concerns about this place being ready are vanishing every day i check the cams

looks like they're getting ready to or are already paving the section of Vine st. along the north end of the stadium. also looks like the over-glorified stairs are getting another roofing material... maybe this is the FINAL layer?!
Those stairs should never leak with the layers they've put on them. :blink:

The first banners are in! Well, sort of... There's some First Merit signs hanging on the club level wall on the pressbox.
I saw those. I was wondering if maybe they were over to the info today and wanted to hang some banners.
Now that I think of it, how much money could have been made by having a scrolling advertisement at the bottom of the stadium cams webpage through this entire process. UofA could have probably made a couple grand....

http://www.ohio.com/sports/50805542.html''I had a chance to go through it the other day. It's fantastic,'' Brookhart said. ''The turf is beautiful, the stands are almost done. There are some internal things to do, but that's to be expected. Our plans are to practice there on Aug. 6.''Live practice feed online. That's what I'm talking about.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/50805542.html''I had a chance to go through it the other day. It's fantastic,'' Brookhart said. ''The turf is beautiful, the stands are almost done. There are some internal things to do, but that's to be expected. Our plans are to practice there on Aug. 6.''Live practice feed online. That's what I'm talking about.
Odds are it's either a "vanilla" practice, or the cams go dark.

Some of the players were running some routes in the stadium about a week ago or so. The frame rate of the camera is too slow to pick up anything of interest to anyone.

Some of the players were running some routes in the stadium about a week ago or so. The frame rate of the camera is too slow to pick up anything of interest to anyone.
OH, so you're saying it will be like watching the BB games over the internet....got it! ;)

Do I see the first component of the scoreboard in place? :)
Yes, there appears to be something up there. I imagine there are a lot of things that will be put in place prior to the actual scoreboard as it will be easier to do it sooner rather than laters. How is the sound system supposed to be? I hope it's killer!

Do I see the first component of the scoreboard in place? :)
Yes, there appears to be something up there. I imagine there are a lot of things that will be put in place prior to the actual scoreboard as it will be easier to do it sooner rather than laters. How is the sound system supposed to be? I hope it's killer!
Photos to come soon...on the other thread. Waiting on the Zn bulk uploader. Hopefully I don't crash the server...

Hey Everybody ... first-time poster here. :screwks: Anyone know what the white-ish platforms are on the top few rows of the lower bowl of the east stands that can be seen in the third stadium cam? I can't figure it out. Thanks!
Video boards awaiting installation? Looks like there are a few in the same spot on the west bowl.
I think those platforms might be the base for handicapped seating areas. If you look at the seating diagram on the Tickets page of the UA website, there are rectangular lines at the back of lower sections 101 through 113 on the east side, and sections 108 through 120 on the west side.
You are correct. That is handicap seating.

Couple more boxes have been hoisted into place. Think we'll have a scoreboard by weeks end?
The coaches will want the scoreboard (more specifically, the clocks) operating in time for practices.Figure they'll also be putting up the poles and nets to catch the extra point and field goal kicks?

Couple more boxes have been hoisted into place. Think we'll have a scoreboard by weeks end?
The coaches will want the scoreboard (more specifically, the clocks) operating in time for practices.Figure they'll also be putting up the poles and nets to catch the extra point and field goal kicks?
Looks like they are laying down the road.

Looks like they are laying down the road.
It won't be the biggest road, but it certainly will be the nicest. :):D

You are correct. That is handicap seating.
I just want you to know the above was not all that I wrote. It was edited by someone other than myself. Apparently the moderator took offense at the possibility I really had been hired to throw people in wheelchairs over the concrete wall and onto the platforms.