Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

For sure, the hood sure looked to have hit rock bottom. A few months ago I was on Campus just to check out the Info. Typical line out the door for the Plasma Center....why this place needs such a visible locale is beyond me. At the Speedway and there was a girl going from car to car at the pumps asking for money. She had one of those Home arrest ankle bracelets on!!! So many houses look in disrepair I am wondering if there are big big plans on the horizon for the entire area. I really like the expansion of Don Drumm, there is a real, much needed artistic feel to that area that could very well be expanded on. But mostly, the entire area is in dire need of reinvestment. I sincerely hope the stadium and the dorms are the tipping point for real change in the near future.

I mentioned this in another thread, but man, something's just got to be done about the plasma center. I was checking out the stadium again last night and again, just like every time I stroll by, it smacks you in the face just how embarrassing that plasma center is going to be for UA. It is disgraceful and straight-ghetto. The average I.Q. of a plasma center loiterer appears to be somewhere between a plant and a frog. Last night I watched as some 250-pound, white-trash chick blew cigarette smoke in her babies face as she was just standing outside that place with this blank, mindless, oblivious expression on her face. It's gross.<br /><br />I know change won't happen over night, but I'm horrified to think that directly across from the striking Main Gate of the sparkling new Info will sit an old Speedway gas station and, gasp, the decrepid plasma center.<br /><br />Has ANYONE heard ANY rumors of ANY potential development on that block? What would it take to get The Winking Lizard to build where the PC is now located? That spot should be an absolutely PRIME location.
I have to agree with you there. When I went a few weeks ago to pick out my tix and drove around, it just sticks out like a sore thumb.Let's remember, it is not just 6 games a year. Stadium should be used at least 3-4 times for HS football, perhaps football camps and the new dorms will be there as well. PC needs to be the first thing to go, but another 3-4 new restaurants, retail, living quarters would really bring life to that area and pride to all that care about Akron.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It is disgraceful and straight-ghetto. The average I.Q. of a plasma center loiterer appears to be somewhere between a plant and a frog. Last night I watched as some 250-pound, white-trash chick blew cigarette smoke in her babies face as she was just standing outside that place with this blank, mindless, oblivious expression on her face. It's gross."Come on man! I am trying to provide for my family! There's nothing wrong with fat girls, they give the best.....quit talking about my wife! If you gave blood every other day you would be disoriented too! I heard Akron is building a new stadium!

"It is disgraceful and straight-ghetto. The average I.Q. of a plasma center loiterer appears to be somewhere between a plant and a frog. Last night I watched as some 250-pound, white-trash chick blew cigarette smoke in her babies face as she was just standing outside that place with this blank, mindless, oblivious expression on her face. It's gross."Come on man! I am trying to provide for my family! There's nothing wrong with fat girls, they give the best.....quit talking about my wife! If you gave blood every other day you would be disoriented too! I heard Akron is building a new stadium!
A disgrace indeed. But maybe that one disoriented and thinly-challenged person need a cookie or something due to lack of sugar from giving blood, plasma, brain cell whatever.I'll probably look like that too after a game if the ole Zips play defense like they did last year. (joke!!) :D

I am sooo jealous of you guys that can drive or walk by and see this thing anytime you want. :( Since I am now out of state I only get to see what the web cams show. They were great at first, but now very little seems to change. I wish some of you lucky people would put some pics up for us outsiders to see. :wave:

I am only 2 minutes from the stadium and I pass it every day going to work. I also have a 12.2 Megapixel Canon XSi that takes amazing photos.I can say for certain the only way to get good photos is to have inside access to the stadium. Otherwise you are looking through fence that is far from the stadium. Sorry guys.

post-4136-1247004020_thumb.jpg I was able to quickly swing past the stadium site this afternoon while running some errands. I apologize for not having time to take more (or very decent quality) pictures, but here is a quick picture I took with my Blackberry of the progress of the brick work on the outside of the east stands. The picture is taken at just about what used to be the intersection of Spicer and Nash Streets facing west. Hope this gives those who can only see what's going on in the webcams a slightly better idea of the progress on the outer facade of the stadium.

post-4136-1247004020_thumb.jpg I was able to quickly swing past the stadium site this afternoon while running some errands. I apologize for not having time to take more (or very decent quality) pictures, but here is a quick picture I took with my Blackberry of the progress of the brick work on the outside of the east stands. The picture is taken at just about what used to be the intersection of Spicer and Nash Streets facing west. Hope this gives those who can only see what's going on in the webcams a slightly better idea of the progress on the outer facade of the stadium.
fantastic picture! everyone's so concerned about the west side that nobody thinks to take a look at whats going on over on the east end... I wonder how far up the brickwork will go and what theyll be doing the bare steel supports...