Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I visited Akron last weekend, and was just amazed at how you could see the new stadium from I-77. The pictures on the site don't do it justice when it comes to demonstrating how large the new stadium is.
Can the stadium really be seen from I-77, or just from Route 8?
You can see it when taking 77 north and looking to the right at campus.

I visited Akron last weekend, and was just amazed at how you could see the new stadium from I-77. The pictures on the site don't do it justice when it comes to demonstrating how large the new stadium is.
Can the stadium really be seen from I-77, or just from Route 8?
I could see the top of the upper deck framing and the press box when I was going north on I-77. I was surprised, as I thought that it could only be seen from Route 8. Pleasantly surprised, however, as I didn't get to drive over to Route 8.

Its amazing when driving down 8 past the stadium... I can't wait for night game days to come and see the entire area lit up. It's going to be a sight to see when driving through the area.
Not to mention all the people that the bars will get coming in. If you think its busy during an Aero's game, wait until the Zips home opener. This city has needed something like this for a while.

Was also back home for the holidays, and drove by the stadium yesterday... The webcams are fun to watch, but in person it looks huge! (as my kids in the backseat said)... It is very impressive, and a long overdue addition to campus. (Does anyone else think it looks too large, as you pull up next to it, while driving along Exchange?The only funny part was the line of persons in front of what they used to call Plasma Alliance (not sure the name right now). You would think someone would want to buy that building, with all those fans coming in Fall 2009.One last question, where will parking be?

One last question, where will parking be?
Exchange deck, Polsky deck, surface lots, neighboring streets for the most part. Tailgating is rumored to be on the intramural fields along Brown St. Talked to our friend in UAPD who said they are working on logistics of getting people in and out of the area. The shuttle busses should help some.

Was also back home for the holidays, and drove by the stadium yesterday... The webcams are fun to watch, but in person it looks huge! (as my kids in the backseat said)... It is very impressive, and a long overdue addition to campus. (Does anyone else think it looks too large, as you pull up next to it, while driving along Exchange?The only funny part was the line of persons in front of what they used to call Plasma Alliance (not sure the name right now). You would think someone would want to buy that building, with all those fans coming in Fall 2009.One last question, where will parking be?
Too large?! No way, I think it looks very imposing, as it should. We want fans from opposing schools to say "WOW!" when they walk up to the gates on Exchange! Also, I think it makes the program have a bigtime feel, but in an opposite way Michigan Stadium does. Walking up to Michigan stadium you think there's no way this is the biggest college football stadium.....and then you walk through the tunnel in the stadium.As for Parking, if you have kids, I think Schrank South lot will be perfect. There is a large enclosed grass lot at the South end of the football practice field that will be perfect for the kids to run around in. I'm probably going to make a few phone calls to see if they can open this up for just this purpose!

The only funny part was the line of persons in front of what they used to call Plasma Alliance (not sure the name right now). You would think someone would want to buy that building, with all those fans coming in Fall 2009.
Thanks for bringing this up. I was driving past that the other day and asked myself the same question. Isn't there some well-to-do alumni out there who could make the purchase? I'm getting sick of explaining to my suburbanite friends that "ZLB Plasmas" isn't an electronics store.

A good example for Akron to follow at InfoCision Stadium:A College Football Stadium Cuts Its WasteBy Kate GalbraithNew York Times - Dec. 31, 2008There are no holiday bowl games to look forward to this year for the University of Colorado Buffaloes, who finished a dismal 5-7.But the season may be remembered for something else – the successful first year of an aggressive recycling and composting program in their home stadium.From half-eaten hot dogs to drink cans, over 80 percent of the waste from Folsom Field was composted or recycled during the last four home games, as part of a “zero waste” effort at the stadium.Link to article:http://greeninc.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/...cuts-its-waste/

A good example for Akron to follow at InfoCision Stadium:A College Football Stadium Cuts Its WasteBy Kate GalbraithNew York Times - Dec. 31, 2008There are no holiday bowl games to look forward to this year for the University of Colorado Buffaloes, who finished a dismal 5-7.But the season may be remembered for something else – the successful first year of an aggressive recycling and composting program in their home stadium.From half-eaten hot dogs to drink cans, over 80 percent of the waste from Folsom Field was composted or recycled during the last four home games, as part of a "zero waste" effort at the stadium.Link to article:http://greeninc.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/...cuts-its-waste/
sounds a bit Can't statish to me

A good example for Akron to follow at InfoCision Stadium:A College Football Stadium Cuts Its WasteBy Kate GalbraithNew York Times - Dec. 31, 2008There are no holiday bowl games to look forward to this year for the University of Colorado Buffaloes, who finished a dismal 5-7.But the season may be remembered for something else – the successful first year of an aggressive recycling and composting program in their home stadium.From half-eaten hot dogs to drink cans, over 80 percent of the waste from Folsom Field was composted or recycled during the last four home games, as part of a "zero waste" effort at the stadium.Link to article:http://greeninc.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/...cuts-its-waste/
Due to the high population of hippies in Colorado you might have something.

Ugh... I know it's a joke but seriously... (www.enviroakron.org) UA students also care about socio-environmental relationships. As well we should, living in the post industrial midwest, and caring about the effects that industry and all of its after effects have on us and many of our families as citizens of Akron and Northeast Ohio. I honestly hope that the Info adopts a policy that respects an environmentally responsible business model, much as Colorado has done. It would benefit us all without it making any person a "hippie" or a Can't state alumnus (ugh) as well as being an economically sound way of approaching business..Go Zips! And slaughter the sweaters 1/10/09!

It is my hope that UA had the foresight to plan for appropriate waste reuse and disposal as a reflection of our responsibility to be good stewards of Earth's resources. I also hope they didn't get left coast silly and go over the top with it. The day a 'carbon offset' fee shows up as a line item on my season tickets is the day I cancel them.As always, looking forward to September! Love watching things progress on the web cams. Go Zips!

Ugh... I know it's a joke but seriously... (www.enviroakron.org) UA students also care about socio-environmental relationships. As well we should, living in the post industrial midwest, and caring about the effects that industry and all of its after effects have on us and many of our families as citizens of Akron and Northeast Ohio. I honestly hope that the Info adopts a policy that respects an environmentally responsible business model, much as Colorado has done. It would benefit us all without it making any person a "hippie" or a Can't state alumnus (ugh) as well as being an economically sound way of approaching business..Go Zips! And slaughter the sweaters 1/10/09!
You're completely right. Of course I was joking. The protection of the environment is without a doubt the most important issue to me personally. And it would be naive to think that being supportive of preserving the environment makes you a hippie. At almost all college campuses there is a focus on it, not just Can't. And actually this Environmental Akron group sounds right up my alley. Thanks for posting that link.
It is my hope that UA had the foresight to plan for appropriate waste reuse and disposal as a reflection of our responsibility to be good stewards of Earth's resources. I also hope they didn't get left coast silly and go over the top with it. The day a 'carbon offset' fee shows up as a line item on my season tickets is the day I cancel them.As always, looking forward to September! Love watching things progress on the web cams. Go Zips!
Haha. Although I don't think we have to worry about something like that, I completely agree. There are a lot of insane liberals on the west coast who can (and would) legitimize any goofy stunt in the name of the environment.

I went to the Insight Bowl in Tempe over Christmas break. When the Minnesota band left their seats at halftime, there were several HUNDRED plastic bottles strewn about their vacated area. It looked ridiculous.That was for maybe 200 band, majorette and flag members. There were 50,000 people at the game. I can't fathom how much overall garbage was generated from that game...especially if you take into account the Golden Gopher's play.

Did anyone else get their countdown keychains? I thought it was kind of cool but completely frivolous. No point in even having it after it hits 0.
Well, yeah, but I thought they were cool! I was showing mine to people all day yesterday. I'm always looking for any reason to start a conversation about The Info!

Did anyone else get their countdown keychains? I thought it was kind of cool but completely frivolous. No point in even having it after it hits 0.
Well, yeah, but I thought they were cool! I was showing mine to people all day yesterday. I'm always looking for any reason to start a conversation about The Info!
Got it and love it! COME ON INFOSUMMA!GO ZIPS 2009!BEAT INDIANA!SeeTeeZip