Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

The end zone facility is so sturdy it looks like a bomb shelter. :lol: It obviously must be designed that way in order to accommodate future expansion? Sturdy enough to easily support a north end grandstand?
I hope so and I also hope we need the capacity. But I know that's a dream. Who cares, you don't get better if you can't dream.
I believe someone on ZN said the stadium is indeed expandable. Like you guys, I find it hard to believe it wouldn't be. I mean in most cases, if you build a new stadium it's meant to be a catalyst for growth, so I can't imagine they wouldn't design a stadium without that growth in mind.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working before 8 am on a Saturday in March. A sure sign that my 45 days behind schedule observation is right on the money.
How did you come up with 45? Is that 9 weeks or 6 weeks? 45 days seems like a LOT of time to be behind schedule.
Question 1: How did you come up with 45? Simple extrapolation based on how far they were behind schedule at the topping off ceremony.Question 2: Is that 9 weeks or 6 weeks?Neither, 45 days is actually 7 weeks and three days (you aren't an education major are you?).
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you aren't a math major are you?7*7 = 49 plus the three days equals 52 days,45 days = 6 weeks and 3 days ;)
I'm impressed you caught that. Did you notice Rifle didn't?They say there are 3 kinds of people in this world.; those who can count and those that can't.

HEY EVERYONE!I have an idea.... how about we all stop b!tching about how behind they are or not behind, who can count and who can't, etc....AND JUST LET THEM DO THEIR JOBS.The stadium WILL be ready for the game on Sept 12th. Let's enjoy the hard work they have put forth so far and that they WILL have that stadium looking good.kthxbai! :wave:

Working before 8 am on a Saturday in March. A sure sign that my 45 days behind schedule observation is right on the money.
How did you come up with 45? Is that 9 weeks or 6 weeks? 45 days seems like a LOT of time to be behind schedule.
Question 1: How did you come up with 45? Simple extrapolation based on how far they were behind schedule at the topping off ceremony.Question 2: Is that 9 weeks or 6 weeks?Neither, 45 days is actually 7 weeks and three days (you aren't an education major are you?).
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you aren't a math major are you?7*7 = 49 plus the three days equals 52 days,45 days = 6 weeks and 3 days ;)
I'm impressed you caught that. Did you notice Rifle didn't?They say there are 3 kinds of people in this world.; those who can count and those that can't.
Re-read my post......I do the math and also point out why I inquired if it was to be considered 9 weeks or 6 weeks (Plus change). Again, I wasn't trying to be a prick, simply trying to understand in a weekly reference how far behind schedlue one person thought the stadium was. Now, if you would like to do some math, I'm game. I should be pretty good at it being 90% of the way through an Engineering Masters degree.

HEY EVERYONE!I have an idea.... how about we all stop b!tching about how behind they are or not behind, who can count and who can't, etc....AND JUST LET THEM DO THEIR JOBS.The stadium WILL be ready for the game on Sept 12th. Let's enjoy the hard work they have put forth so far and that they WILL have that stadium looking good.kthxbai! :wave:
I agree, no one realizes that if we were 9 weeks, 6 weeks, 32 weeks, whatever, we wouldn't move the home opener up a week...

I agree, no one realizes that if we were 9 weeks, 6 weeks, 32 weeks, whatever, we wouldn't move the home opener up a week...
Agreed here. :D All I know is we'll have Brand new stadium ready for football come 9/12/2009.No more arguing from me on that point.I'm just going to continue to enjoy the outstanding job this contruction crew is doing look forward to the stadium to continue taking shape like it has. On 01/24/2008 you still had dorms, parking lots, houses and businesses on the site.Look at what we have today 03-30-2009.I don't see how anyone couldn't be impressed with that and not be excited about what we'll have come 09/12/09. :D

Lets get back to the topic of real importance....will Roo Brew be available at this stadium or not???

Agreed here. :D All I know is we'll have Brand new stadium ready for football come 9/12/2009.No more arguing from me on that point.I'm just going to continue to enjoy the outstanding job this contruction crew is doing look forward to the stadium to continue taking shape like it has. On 01/24/2008 you still had dorms, parking lots, houses and businesses on the site.Look at what we have today 03-30-2009.I don't see how anyone couldn't be impressed with that and not be excited about what we'll have come 09/12/09. :D

Stadium tower is being wrapped in the Tyvek material... probably going to be starting lots of brickwork soon.Also saw they have a lifting scaffold on the main entrance area putting in the framing for all the windows above it.

Stadium tower is being wrapped in the Tyvek material... probably going to be starting lots of brickwork soon.Also saw they have a lifting scaffold on the main entrance area putting in the framing for all the windows above it.
We need a fourth Stadium Cam, showing the front of the tower!

We need a fourth Stadium Cam, showing the front of the tower!
whole-heartedly agree. A lot of the major changes being done right now are on that side and you never get to see it. I wonder who we'd have to contact to ask about this?

I'm surprised there are not more architectural renderings available than what they have on GoZips.com. Such as what the 3 (or 4?) main entrances are going to look like; the finished locker rooms; the west side and east side concourses; inside a loge; the interior of the team shop; views from the box seats and different sections of the stadium, etc. There have to be more drawings than what are currently available, wouldn't you think?

The three current cameras are mounted and wired in through the Stile facility. To show the front of the tower you'd have to mount it at Shrank or the student center and network it over the campus. Probably too much of a headache
Give me a cheap laptop, a power source, a usb webcam, and a waterproof box with a plexiglass window and I'll get you your 4th webcam ;):lol:

I firmly believe they are behind on the stadium right now. Drove by the stadium at 8:30 tonight to see a few workers still there putting up tyvek material over the yellow insulating foam. Interesting...

I firmly believe they are behind on the stadium right now. Drove by the stadium at 8:30 tonight to see a few workers still there putting up tyvek material over the yellow insulating foam. Interesting...
It called we moved the home opener from 9/19 to 9/12.We had couple of sub zero days in back in Jan.It's nothing major or they sure as heck wouldn't have pushed the opener from 9/19 to 9/12.Let's cut the gloom and doom and just enjoy the stadium as it takes shapeApril, May, June, July and August is long time to get the stadium part of the project done.My screen saver is the last aerial shot from Feb 24th. I look at what the project looked like then Vs waht the camera is showing me today and it blows me away.I can only imagine what it will look like come April 30th and May 30th.I have no doubts the stadium part will be done.They may still be working on the parts of the front gate or floors 2-4 of the press tower for classrooms.But, I'm betting the rest will be fine.

I was up there last night (Monday) and saw some work being done around 7 p.m. I wonder if they're making a little push to get a little extra done before the first public tours this Saturday?

I was up there last night (Monday) and saw some work being done around 7 p.m. I wonder if they're making a little push to get a little extra done before the first public tours this Saturday?
This is what I like to see posted here rather then comments about them being behind. :D Lets all stay positive and not post like the trolls at the ABJ or Cant Grads when talking about the Info. :P

Im hoping they just wanted to enjoy the weather, but yes interesting. I'm sure they have deadlines to meet before the hope opener.
is obama coming or something? Didn't realize they are calling it that.(P and M arn't even close man!)
...and arn't isn't a word but I'm not ripping you a new one!I hope the home opener offers some hope for the home-grown construction workers who want to go home to their wife hope....oh and so I post something worthwhile :screwks:

Im hoping they just wanted to enjoy the weather, but yes interesting. I'm sure they have deadlines to meet before the hope opener.
is obama coming or something? Didn't realize they are calling it that.(P and M arn't even close man!)
...and arn't isn't a word but I'm not ripping you a new one!I hope the home opener offers some hope for the home-grown construction workers who want to go home to their wife hope....oh and so I post something worthwhile :screwks:
Here's something worthwhilehttp://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/ballpar...sp&sid=t431This is brand new ballpark for The Gwinnett Braves Triple AAA team for the Atlanta Braves that moved here from Richmond.They just started construction on this ballpark July 2008 and Opening Day in April 17th. It's all of 5.5 miles from my house.They built a ballpark larger then Canal Park in less then 11 months and the only thing missing from the project are some office buildings they'll finish in the coming months. Peek at the photos and see how state of the Art triple AAA it is.It's projects like this one why I'm so confident the Info will be ready come 9/12.If, that not enough for you here's The Columbus Clippers new ballpark built in little over 1 year's time.http://www.huntingtonparkcolumbus.com/Photos.html

quote name='Blue & Gold' date='Mar 30 2009, 02:39 PM' post='81026']I'm surprised there are not more architectural renderings available than what they have on GoZips.com. Such as what the 3 (or 4?) main entrances are going to look like; the finished locker rooms; the west side and east side concourses; inside a loge; the interior of the team shop; views from the box seats and different sections of the stadium, etc. There have to be more drawings than what are currently available, wouldn't you think?Per Your Request:Southwest Gate with Rubber City McDonalds Sponsorship SignageMain Lobby with Elevators on Right