Women's BBall Scoop

zff

Going on what I know (which is nothing, at this point), I have to assume that if the rumor is true that Coach Kest was justified in what she did. As a coach, you don't get rid of half your team and most of the star players unless it was something serious. Coach Kest is putting her job on the line with this move. We may not win a single game next year (no offense to the other players on the team, but when you lose four players that log significant minutes you will struggle), if this is all true. I can't imagine Kest jeopardizing her career unless it was for something serious.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to not post about this topic...I reall did, but I can't resist.All we are looking for here is a hint as to what happened. For instance, does the story start out as follows, "The girls we changing clothes getting ready for bed when one girl hit another with a pillow......." The fun thing to do here would be for each of us to add one sentence each and see where they story goes. Only one sentence at a time though.Have at it.

There's been talk amongst some of us on campus who follow athletics a lot and we're pretty sure we know why. About 100% percent sure actually but I don't think that it should be said on a public forum. It's nothing close to what Singletary did, hell what they did was childs play compared to driving around drunk. I can tell you taht much

There's been talk amongst some of us on campus who follow athletics a lot and we're pretty sure we know why. About 100% percent sure actually but I don't think that it should be said on a public forum.
Does it have anything to do with a pillow fight and/or tickle fight?

There's been talk amongst some of us on campus who follow athletics a lot and we're pretty sure we know why. About 100% percent sure actually but I don't think that it should be said on a public forum.
haha no it has nothing even close to that. But that would be a better story than what happened.

I TOLD you it was a quilting bee!! Gheeez...

Well then here. They went on spring break down to Daytona Beach. Being 19 and 20 year old college students they decided to drink. There were pictures of some of the players with alcohol in their hands on Facebook. A fellow team mate of theirs soon told their coach which I'm going to guess is against team rules even if it's out of season. There you go

Wrong!!! Not a fellow team mate telling on them. These lovely young women are friends with their coach on facebook. Thats how they were caught.
given that information...wow. I thought no one could be that stupid. But still if Singletary can get away with putting innocent peoples lives in danger with a one game suspension, these girls should just get a couple games at most. But if she runs that tight of a ship they should of known better.

I TOLD you it was a quilting bee!! Gheeez...
So, did a pillow and/or tickle fight breakout during the quilting bee?

I'm guessing the coach is either ignorant or an ostrich with her head in the sand if this the real reason they are being kicked off the team. NEWS flush coach -- kids drink in college -- holy shit! If there is nothing more to this story than that and the girls are getting kicked off the team permanently -- I say I'd be just fine with the coach leaving her resignation paper on Rhodes desk. LAME!

I'm guessing the coach is either ignorant or an ostrich with her head in the sand if this the real reason they are being kicked off the team. NEWS flush coach -- kids drink in college -- holy shit! If there is nothing more to this story than that and the girls are getting kicked off the team permanently -- I say I'd be just fine with the coach leaving her resignation paper on Rhodes desk. LAME!
I understand what your saying and your right it's not a BIG deal but looking on facebook and seeing that the AKRON girls BB team is drinking or "drunk" in the off season doesn't reflect well on the university. People can point and say, see that is why they are and average at best team, they are partying when they should be practicing, trying to get better to make an NCAA tournament. What if your trying to recruit a player that doesn't drink, they might think they would be a social outcast if they see a majority of the team drinking.