FL WR verbal

Florida Times-Union source linkFleming Island WR commitsFleming Island's Dee Frieson has pledged his services to Akron, a member of the Mid-American Conference. Frieson, a speedy slot receiver, joins teammate Cory White as a NCAA Bowl Subdivision commitment. White has announced his decision to attend Miami.Frieson, who also takes carries out of the backfield, has established himself as a reliable weapon in Fleming Island's spread attack. He generated more than 1,700 all-purpose yards last season. The Zips run a similar scheme and plan to utilize Frieson in the same manner."I'll be in the same role at Akron and that played a big part in my decision," Frieson said. "I wanted to go to a D-I school. That was my goal."

Ha! The new division names are humorously confusing. Humorous... and aggravating. They reek of political correctness. I still am not sure what Akron's division is called as opposed to what YSU's division is called.Here's the simple all-too-uncommon-sense solution:Akron's division should be Division 1. YSU's division should be Division 2. Grand Valley State's division should be Division 3. And Mount Union's division should be Division 4. What poor man's think tank has failed to figure this out?