Zips to become LeBron School

A couple of thoughts.1) This is a big, big deal. LBJ really goes to bat for his hometown. It's amazing this guy grew up in Akron where everyone seems to bash the local community.2) The one Can't State fan comment below the article in the PD does a lot more to dammage Can't's image than Akron's. 3) OSU got a deal first, IMO, because of their fan base and the potential sales for Nike. I'm sure Nike is doing this more as a favor for LBJ than to make money. Lets face it folks, may of us are going to run out and buy this gear, but I'm not going to go buy Nike stock as a result.4) Will we get a huge "WE ARE ALL WITNESSES" banner for the side of the JAR with a picture of KD on it??5) So I'm going to have to wear my Adidas stuff to football, soccer, rifle, etc. and Nike shoes to the MBB games. :rolleyes: Now, if we can just get LBJ to wear one of HIS Akron hats when he is at a Cleveland sporting event!

akron looking mismatched is not the fault of having adidas gear. it is the coaches fault for not making the team all look the same. personally, it doesn't matter to me. each guy likes wearing certain things when warming up. also something that was mentioned to me once was that nike does their uniforms in true colors. so osu's scarlet is red, oregon's gold is yellow, etc. i'm sure they'll figure something out though because our athletic department has made a real effort to use a gold instead of piss yellow or dehydrated dark piss yellow. it would look bad for our mbball team to come out with god awful gold that completely clashes with the gold theme we have going with the rest of the athletic teams.
I much prefer the gold myself. It looks great on my mailbox.

akron looking mismatched is not the fault of having adidas gear. it is the coaches fault for not making the team all look the same. personally, it doesn't matter to me. each guy likes wearing certain things when warming up. also something that was mentioned to me once was that nike does their uniforms in true colors. so osu's scarlet is red, oregon's gold is yellow, etc. i'm sure they'll figure something out though because our athletic department has made a real effort to use a gold instead of piss yellow or dehydrated dark piss yellow. it would look bad for our mbball team to come out with god awful gold that completely clashes with the gold theme we have going with the rest of the athletic teams.
Awesome. Simply awesome. I just found my Sunday project.... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Awesome. Simply awesome. I just found my Sunday project.... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Thanks. I have received a number of compliments from my neighbors.

Rasor reported in his blog yesterday that this deal is not actually done for some reason. Seems all but done, but not done yet.Who is the short sighted idiot who signed a deal with Adidas in the first place?

ME87, that mailbox is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. The flag is the best part. May I copy?
Absolutely you can copy. Have at it. No pride of authorship...just pride in my Alma Mater!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but the zips will wear Nike NOT Lebron's line this year. Ohio State signed a 3 year contract (2 years ago) that states that they would be the only school in the country to wear "Lebron." So, the Zips will just sport Nike for year, then go to Lebron's line (still Nike of course, but with his logo). They are even saying they are going to get custom Zips Lebron shoes they will be custom made and only available to the team.