Postseason 2008

a-zip

I have a feeling we'll be in the CBI.If we don't make it to the real dance, I might just rather have a home game in the new tourney than a low seed in the NIT. Either way wouldn't matter I suppose, the NIT is higher profile, on ESPN. It's like going to the fat kid's party because the cool kid didn't invite you. I don't really care, but I will sure as hell be there if we get a home game.

Just throwing this out there - What about an Akron at Ohio State NIT matchup?
I would love that. We could show the Suckeye fans some real basketball.There is no doubt in my mind we would beat them, they are overrated, if there was ever a chance for some exposure in the state, this is it.

Just throwing this out there - What about an Akron at Ohio State NIT matchup?
I would love to have a shot at them, and if we won that's instant respect from a whole boatload of people around here. I doubt theyt would have much of a homecourt advantage since most OSU fans only root for them if they are on top. I would make the trip.

Any clue when the NIT and CBI will announce?
NIT is from 9:00-9:30 tonight on ESPN 2.Here is the link tot he CBI, says that they will announce today, but no time posted.http://www.gazellegroup.com/cbi/index_main.htm
Probably right after the NIT. I'm sure some teams are waiting to see whether they will get an NIT invite before accepting a trip to the CBI.

No chance we are playing the buckeyes.
Championship game, baby! :thumb: Anybody notice that they didn't have a "Who's in and who's on the bubble' thing like last year? Think that was because of us? I wonder if ESPN decided to not do it after getting embarassed by wrongly predicting that we were in (not as bad as we were, though), or do you think the NCAA asked them not to do it because it might draw attention to a blatent snub when one of the "In for sure" teams goes missing...