-
Posts
6,466 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
182
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Zip_ME87
-
Syracuse at Akron, Tue. Oct 6
Zip_ME87 replied to ZippyRulz's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
I know goal scoring is the glamorous part of the game. I LOVE it, too! Jack Roman's chip over the Cuse GK and Remi's golazo game-winner were awesome. However, Brett Kaminski was MotM last night. 3 saves, including the PK. Zips could have easily been chasing this game if not for Brett. -
Syracuse at Akron, Tue. Oct 6
Zip_ME87 replied to ZippyRulz's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
Brett Kaminski with several great saves, including the PK! -
Syracuse at Akron, Tue. Oct 6
Zip_ME87 replied to ZippyRulz's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
New this season ... Each coach has 2 challenges. I don't understand why they don't state coach's challenge rather than simply video review on the broadcast. In the stadium, we can see the coaches signal for a challenge. -
Correct...no lights. I attended with an unexpected, good contingent of Zips fans...30+ I'm guessing...including an impromptu pre-game get together at Kelly's Pub a block or so away thanks to Zips alum Pat Nash. A bit disappointed with the inability to maintain possession in the 2nd half, but they found the 2nd goal, and got the shutout W on the road.
-
September 22 - Robert Morris
Zip_ME87 replied to Zips1991's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
What about when they've shifted to a back 5 ... a back 4 + 1? 😉 😁 -
September 22 - Robert Morris
Zip_ME87 replied to Zips1991's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
-
September 18 - Butler - Big East Opener
Zip_ME87 replied to Zips1991's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
That may have been part of the problem last night. You can't be playing Georgetown in your head while playing Butler in reality. One game at a time. -
September 18 - Butler - Big East Opener
Zip_ME87 replied to Zips1991's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
I also think RB Nolan McGuire had an excellent game, especially in the face of frustration with our attackers ineffectiveness and their just running around as another ZN.o member noted. -
September 18 - Butler - Big East Opener
Zip_ME87 replied to Zips1991's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
I think Matthew Paiva was once again our best and most consistent player. Stalwart defense, great tackles, often winning the ball and putting our offense in a position to be successful even when they didn’t make it happen. 90 minutes every game. -
September 18 - Butler - Big East Opener
Zip_ME87 replied to Zips1991's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
Wear your favorite jersey night … -
At St. Louis - Saturday September 12
Zip_ME87 replied to TennZip's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
-
Richie Laryea …
-
At St. Louis - Saturday September 12
Zip_ME87 replied to TennZip's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
-
At St. Louis - Saturday September 12
Zip_ME87 replied to TennZip's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
I was on the flight home yesterday with our team. Kudos to the Southwest crew ... when we landed in Cleveland, they gave a shout out ... Congratulations to Coach Jared and the Akron Zips Men's Soccer team on their win, remaining undefeated and currently ranked #14 . The passengers applauded. Well-deserved accolades and some free publicity.- 19 replies
-
- 10
-
-
At St. Louis - Saturday September 12
Zip_ME87 replied to TennZip's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
I know it wasn’t pretty, but very proud of how this team fights through adversity. Great road win. Happy to be there with a sizable contingent of Zips fans. So much fun to celebrate this win with our team!!! Kudos to Coach Embick for pulling the right strings. Fantastic team effort, victory. -
Beto Ydrach called up for CONCACAF Nations League duty with Puerto Rico 🇵🇷.
-
-
i also want to shout out to true Freshmen Leo Morana and Cole Perez who came into this high pressure game at crunch time and played as though they've been here before. 🥶🥶
-
Agreed the team is well balanced, and I love what every one of our players bring, however, I feel I must point out ... I know defense isn't the "glamor" side of the game, but watch all that Matthew Paiva does. Too bad his header goal at WVU was erased due the the No Contest.
-
Beautiful PK by Sully!!!
-
I don't know the name of the system used, but I believe it's part of the GPS tracking system and picks up the data from the GPS trackers worn by the players.
-
-
DeAndre makes the team of the matchday…
-
