27 replies to this topic

#1 Dave in Green

Dave in Green

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Fresh off their upset of Can't, Miami is hanging with Buffalo 33-33 at the half.

#2 Quickzips

Quickzips

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

If Miami can hold on against the Bulls and BG can upset Can't tonight then the Zips will go into tomorrows game against Ohio already having sewn up one of the top 2 seeds and the triple bye that goes with it.

#3 Dave in Green

Dave in Green

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

Buffalo starting to pull away at the end -- 69-60 with 3 minutes left.

#4 Dave in Green

Dave in Green

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Buffalo wins, 84-74.

#5 lilroodude

lilroodude

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

I think it's good that Buffalo won. They need to win out, besides their game against us. I want them along side of us in the semis instead of O-Who and Can't.
"There's Super Zip... right there. Akron needs some heroic play down the stretch to win this one." - FSN announcer (Akron @ BG, 2010)

#6 Dave in Green

Dave in Green

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Not that it means much to Zips fans. But there's yet another barn burner in the MAC West. BSU leads EMU at halftime, 22-20.

#7 lilroodude

lilroodude

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

Not that it means much to Zips fans. But there's yet another barn burner in the MAC West. BSU leads EMU at halftime, 22-20.

Well actually, couldn't EMU catch Can't?
"There's Super Zip... right there. Akron needs some heroic play down the stretch to win this one." - FSN announcer (Akron @ BG, 2010)

#8 lilroodude

lilroodude

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

38-32 BGSU at the half against Can't.

#9 lilroodude

lilroodude

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

YES BABY YES! BGSU up 10 with 9:53 to go.

#10 Quickzips

Quickzips

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

Akron now assured of no worse than the 3 seed as Can't is faltering big time down the stretch. Can't just doesn't look like a team right now. You hear KD talk a lot about how our guys like playing with each other. I'm not sure any of the guys on Can't's team like each other. They are sloppy, they have no interest at all in rebounding and they aren't very mentally tough. They could well lose the 4 seed to Eastern or BG before it is all said and done.

#11 JSF

JSF

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

I don't know why you guys are scoreboard watching to this extent. Akron will be the #1 seed. No question. (Yes, I understand the watch for #4.)
Follow the MAC Report Online and J. Scott Fitzwater Twitter feeds.

#12 lilroodude

lilroodude

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

I don't know why you guys are scoreboard watching to this extent. Akron will be the #1 seed. No question. (Yes, I understand the watch for #4.)

The reason to scoreboard watch is to root against our rivals.

#13 GoZips88

GoZips88

David

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Always fun to hate on Can't! :screwks: :nutkick:

Caught the post-game wrap-up on the radio on the way home from work tonight and enjoyed every minute of it. Can't announcer: "We usually have one of the Can't coaches join us be we haven't seen ANYBODY from the team come out of the locker room. It appears the coaches are having a 'Come to Jesus' meeting with the players and word is we may not be having anyone join us." None of the coaches appeared before the radio team signed off for the night. The 'we really suck right now' in their voices was very evident! :cry:

For those who care to head over to the Can't board - Can't/BG thread

Go Zips!!!!!!!
Back in the late-1860s & early in the process of selecting a site for a new school that would eventually become The University of Akron ...
"..., Can't was rejected because periodic flare-ups of fever gave it a reputation as an 'unhealthy place.' "
(page 12 of "Summit's Glory," written by former University of Akron history professor George W. Knepper)

#14 Dave in Green

Dave in Green

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Can't ain't what they used to be. But the way BG blew them out reinforces the impression of how good BG looked against the Zips. As we get closer to the MAC tournament, it appears that some teams are peaking while others are tanking.

#15 bigzipguy

bigzipguy

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Can't is still a very talented team. Do not kid yourselfs. They may be in cruise control and try to turn things on in the tournament.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users