Where could we be playing?

zippyfan34

Unlikely that it will be within an 8 hour drive. My guess is a 12 seed and Lunardi has us as a 13. 12's and 13's play in Kansas City, San Jose, and Salt Lake. If we could get an 11 (or 14) it would be Austin or Detroit.

We may have improved our seed after this game. Depends on what some favored teams did in their tournaments.

Hoping the game is a reasonable trip for Akron fans. Right now I'm more worried about who we play and when. It should be a 4 seed, 5 at best?

Just need the game to be after 5:00 and I'm happy!

THIS! First year out of college. If the Zips play an early afternoon game, it'll be torture.

Wherever the Zips are playing this is my favorite bubble watch item ever:

GOOD DAY: Akron/BAD DAY: Ohio

Outcome: Akron beat Ohio, 65-46, in the MAC final. The Zips, in their third game without suspended star point guard Alex Abreu, locked down Ohio’s D.J. Cooper (0-for-9, three points), held the Bobcats to just 33.3 percent shooting and coasted to the championship.

Akron’s prognosis: To the MAC champion goes to the spoils (the league’s automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament).

Ohio’s prognosis: The Bobcats failed to fire Saturday—well, they fired but hardly hit anything (1-for-20 from 3-point range)—and must know now that they’re headed to the NIT. That’s a tough pill to swallow for a veteran team that went to the Sweet 16 last year and took No. 1-seeded North Carolina to OT before falling. They’re 0-6 vs. RPI top 50 teams and 1-7 vs. the top 100.

Why is it presumed they are going to the NIT?

The announcers on TV mentioned they will be waiting for the call from the CBI.

I've been wondering that myself. They have zero "good" wins, and have several pretty ugly losses. Also, there's this:

2006-07 Zips: 25-7, 66 RPI, lost conference championship on a miracle 3 pointer, and no NIT.

2012-13 Bobcats: 24-8, 66 RPI prior to the title game (it will go down,) lost conference championship via blowout.

There are some on their board talking HOME GAME in the NIT. They'll be very lucky to even get in it I think.

I've been wondering that myself. They have zero "good" wins, and have several pretty ugly losses. Also, there's this:

2006-07 Zips: 25-7, 66 RPI, lost conference championship on a miracle 3 pointer, and no NIT.

2012-13 Bobcats: 24-8, 66 RPI prior to the title game (it will go down,) lost conference championship via blowout.

There are some on their board talking HOME GAME in the NIT. They'll be very lucky to even get in it I think.

Unless there is a rule that as "co-winner" of the conference they get the NIT if they don't get the dance?

Screw that, we're better than a 14. Why the obsession with tosu?

1) Because it's our only opportunity to get the team on our schedule that would make the biggest splash for our program, if we win.

2) We aren't going to get any better than a #13 anyway, so it's not going to give us much of a difference in the quality of our tourney opponent anyway.

OSU is playing really good basketball right now. The Akron/OSU conversation was much different a few weeks ago when OSU lost to Wisky and we still had Abreu.

And if we're a 14 seed the NCAA deserves to be dismantled tomorrow.

Who cares? Isn't any #3 seed going to be a good team?

Would you like to tell me when we would ever have another opportunity to play them? Since they won't schedule us?

I actually kind of like Lunardi's current bracket. He has us as a 13 in Salt Lake City against Michigan. Michigan is a team a lot like OU in that they rely heavily on their guards and their 3 point shooting. Plus they have been on a bit of a down swing down the stretch.

Get through Michigan and we would have Arizona, LaSalle or Middle Tennessee. We've already beaten MTSU. LaSalle would certainly be a winnable matchup and the little I've seen of Arizona hasn't impressed me. Could give us a chance to make a run.