Where could we be playing?

zippyfan34

how about a #15 seed gamein dayton? We could take down a #2 if we had to.

No way we're anything less than a 13 seed. Way too many bad teams scoring upsets in their conference tournaments, and they'll all be seeded below us.

That said, Dayton would be the best case scenario. Auburn Hills and Lexington would not be too bad for travel, either.

Who have we beaten that makes you think we could take down a #2 or even compete?

I get it that we had a great season, but we need to be real here. Our SOS was horrible.

We could have beat notre dame 2 years ago- they were a very weak #2 and lost the next game after us- but I don't know about this year- I better go check out some rankings

Who have we beaten that makes you think we could take down a #2 or even compete?

I get it that we had a great season, but we need to be real here. Our SOS was horrible.

SOS in no way is an indicator of who we can beat. Just helps with resume/seeding purposes. Either way, we won't be a 15 seed.

..... Our SOS was horrible.

The Zips' SOS is currently ranked #131 of 347 D-I teams. Middle Tennessee is dancing with a #129 SOS. Lunardi projects both teams as #12 seeds.

As far as driving goes, Kansas City is at about my driving limit at just under 800 miles and about 12 hours with a couple of fuel/pit stops.

The Zips' SOS is currently ranked #131 of 347 D-I teams. Middle Tennessee is dancing with a #129 SOS. Lunardi projects both teams as #12 seeds.

As far as driving goes, Kansas City is at about my driving limit at just under 800 miles and about 12 hours with a couple of fuel/pit stops.

Then Philly would be in range. About 400 miles from Akron.

Thinking that OU and MTSU = top quality teams explains a lot.

Who else have we played? It has nothing to do with who we have beaten (though its worth noting we lost to OK St in OT WITHOUT Tree and Harney), and everything to do with the rest of college basketball. There is a lot of parity in college bball this year. There is no clear favorite; anybody can win it.

But hey....Lehigh didnt beat anybody last year and they knocked off Duke as a 15 seed. How did they do that?

Did you come here just to say that?

Go zips.

Obviously.. :cry:

My point is that we had a great season and many area thinking we are a much better team than we really are.

I would love nothing more than to see Akron win the whole damn thing (to quote a great movie). However, I have seen this before with lesser known teams that have great seasons and think they are really better than they are. Akron is a great mid major and best in the MAC.

I remember a few years ago when Cincy had a great football season and were ranked top 5 even though they played a weak schedule. The Cincy fans were all excited and thinking they would beat Florida in their bowl game and they should have a claim to #1, while many non homers knew exactly what was going to happen. and they got completely destroyed.

Who else have we played? It has nothing to do with who we have beaten (though its worth noting we lost to OK St in OT WITHOUT Tree and Harney), and everything to do with the rest of college basketball. There is a lot of parity in college bball this year. There is no clear favorite; anybody can win it.

But hey....Lehigh didnt beat anybody last year and they knocked off Duke as a 15 seed. How did they do that?

Is Akron Lehigh?

Appy State beat Michigan in football a few years ago. Does that mean we will beat them next season? Playing the so and so beat so and so game means nothing.

I agree about Okie State. We probably would have won if we had the entire team. There have been a lot of times we think we are going to beat a major player and don't.