Black Friday Game #12 Toledo

lance99

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it mandatory for students in the music program?

Music Education majors have to do two years (or at least used to). Everybody else in the band are volunteers.

With the game being the day after Thanksgiving, it may have been a voluntary performance? Not sure. Were you referring to band size Friday, or band size this year?

The band appeared to be at full strength at earlier games this season.

Band was at full strength on Friday. Recruiting is hard because the teams recent lack of success. There is generally a high turnover rate but more so in the last couple of years. Hopefully with the success this season more people will stay.

One last thing. What is up with all of the band bashing on ZNO? It is one thing to discuss things you would like to change, but honestly it gets out of hand sometimes. Just remember you will catch more bees with honey.

Band was at full strength on Friday. Recruiting is hard because the teams recent lack of success. There is generally a high turnover rate but more so in the last couple of years. Hopefully with the success this season more people will stay.

One last thing. What is up with all of the band bashing on ZNO? It is one thing to discuss things you would like to change, but honestly it gets out of hand sometimes. Just remember you will catch more bees with honey.

I don't think any bashing is going on. Since I had not been to a game in a while, I couldn't remember what the size of the band used to look like so I asked if it was smaller. It appeared to be smaller.

I don't think any bashing is going on. Since I had not been to a game in a while, I couldn't remember what the size of the band used to look like so I asked if it was smaller. It appeared to be smaller.

Wasn't directed at you. Just a general statement from other threads that have come and gone through the years. Sorry for the confusion.

Wasn't directed at you. Just a general statement from other threads that have come and gone through the years. Sorry for the confusion.

Sean,

Probably best not to drudge up too many old threads, especially when everybody was already pissed off during the iCoach years.

There are many great band supporters on the threads, lots of Ohio's Pride alums, KKY and TBS members as well.

In recent history (last couple years), the band criticism has been constructive or comparitive - those aren't bad things.

There was an adjustment period going from the Rubber Bowl to Infocision to get good sound. Dr. Karriker took change requests into consideration, and modified things slightly to make them better for everyone.

I for one believe our band is awesome, definitely one of the best sounding in the MAC. I am 100% ok with us being a marching band on a limited budget (for now), not a dancing band or a big-budget crew. If the band ever does get a bigger budget, I think some of the things that Ohio State's band did in drill this year looked amazing, and would have sounded even better with a nice woodwind section to go with all that brass.

5-7, 4-4 in the MAC, 3 yards away from 6-6 and two chokes away from 8-4. And let's not forget 4-5 down the stretch.

I think Bowden was right on with is prediction "biggest improvement in program history."

We start 2014 with Howard which will be a chance for 4 wins in a row.

I did not realize this at the time, but 4-4 in Conference play is our best finish since 2005.

That really was an abysmal 7 years. :unsure: