The 2015 Football Commitment List

Unfortunately I don't think we need to take the chance .............. For 1 season ?

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/11/ohio_state_football_buckeyes_d.html

For an All-American? Definitely worth the chance. Bowden has brought in lower character (based on past records) and lower quality players for 1 season. None of them were a detriment to the program and all of them have seemed to stay out of trouble completely here. I trust Bowden's judgment in this area.

It appears Spence wants to head to the draft. I think another season may be best for him to show scouts he has corrected his problem. The NFL drug policy is strict as us Browns fans know. Noah could make himself a lot more money by showing teams they don't have to worry about him.

For an All-American? Definitely worth the chance. Bowden has brought in lower character (based on past records) and lower quality players for 1 season. None of them were a detriment to the program and all of them have seemed to stay out of trouble completely here. I trust Bowden's judgment in this area.

It appears Spence wants to head to the draft. I think another season may be best for him to show scouts he has corrected his problem. The NFL drug policy is strict as us Browns fans know. Noah could make himself a lot more money by showing teams they don't have to worry about him.

We agree to disagree ............. I believe he would have to sit a year wouldn't he ?

And how many of those players have failed drug tests on multiple occasions ........

I'd rather take in a player who has a problem with a party drug and has sought help on it rather than say...

A player charged with felony grand theft.

A player accused of severely beating a freshman student.

A player accused of rape.

All of the above mentioned have came to UA from another program and have represented the university well. Like I said above, I have zero reason not to trust Bowden's judgement on giving players second chances when considering who he has brought in before and how they have carried themselves here. Jelani Jenkins is another player who has greatly benefited from Coach Bowden.

I'd rather take in a player who has a problem with a party drug and has sought help on it rather than say...

A player charged with felony grand theft.

A player accused of severely beating a freshman student.

A player accused of rape.

All of the above mentioned have came to UA from another program and have represented the university well. Like I said above, I have zero reason not to trust Bowden's judgement on giving players second chances when considering who he has brought in before and how they have carried themselves here. Jelani Jenkins is another player who has greatly benefited from Coach Bowden.

LOL ................. Then I guess I stand corrected

Bring him on

So we're going to have a Givens and a Bivins in the backfield? Looks like Bowden has gone away from grabbing Williams' and Browns' and is working on names that rhyme with other names on the roster :lol:

They also have the same first names...

I saw something about this posted before, but it looks like UAB is indeed planning to shut down their program (looks like so more money can go to big brother). All potential recruits would be eligible to play immediately...

http://deadspin.com/report-uab-to-shut-down-its-football-program-1664885691?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

"Xavier is expected to commit there soon." Does that mean https://rivals.yahoo.com/alabama/football/recruiting/player-Xavier-Braithwaite-151818 ?? Also from Erasmus Hall.

That's him.

Unfortunately, HS football is almost a complete afterthought in NYC and all points north and east. So it is difficult to find substantial recruiting coverage or information on programs and players.

Coaches are out on the road for sure ................. Coming through GA next week. Sure hope they are headed to Birmingham to see what they can pick up at UAB

Anyone know if Coach Peterson has any close inroads left or did they clean house when Coach Clark came in after last season ?

There are obviously kids there from the 2012 and 2013 classes when he was "tutoring" the O-line ?

• Like 1