San diego State

another top 25 team to start off the tough 2 game road trip

I did not realize that San diego State plays in the pac-12 for soccer.

We all remember that UCLA scored 4 goals against akron in early November last year (Richie and Danilo did not play in that game).

2 weeks after UCLA and Akron played....San Diego State defeated UCLA 1-0 on Nov. 16, 2015.

I am sure that Coach Embick and the seniors on this team....will have the Zips ready for another very tough team on Friday night

http://www.goaztecs.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/083016aaa.html

6 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

Akron Zips will have significant influence in the PAC-12 standings.

In past years Akron claimed the BIG men's soccer championship.  This year -- PAC-10 or West Coast champs?  I think we could go undefeated in those games.  Looking at the schedule, I can't help thinking the toughest part may be the trip in three weeks to Okla (@Tulsa) and Texas (@SMU).  But that's still a ways off! 

So, it sounds like no one here is going to Cali?  Who's going to monitor LosAngelesZipsFan's attendance?  :P

1 hour ago, Z.I.P. said:

In past years Akron claimed the BIG men's soccer championship.  This year -- PAC-10 or West Coast champs?  I think we could go undefeated in those games.  Looking at the schedule, I can't help thinking the toughest part may be the trip in three weeks to Okla (@Tulsa) and Texas (@SMU).  But that's still a ways off! 

So, it sounds like no one here is going to Cali?  Who's going to monitor LosAngelesZipsFan's attendance?  :P

We were sorta counting on you for that; thought we were covered.

SDSU does not look anything great, but they should be up on the Zips at least a goal.

Does this field look small, or at least very narrow?

Time for Zips to get their heads out of their asses, and mark their man on set pieces.

Fantastic video stream to watch a disappointing match.

I am over the embarrassing antics of Souto.  His passion and hustle are commendable, but his reckless actions make UA look classless.  How many straight reds does he have in his career?  I hope he rides the pine for a number of games after this.

Please put Hinds in the lineup and keep him there.  He seems to pick up the level of play when he is in.

This team will be fine, but definitely room for improvement.  They should learn plenty from a match like his one.

2 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

Does this field look small, or at least very narrow?

The field did indeed look small....in person

Very strange set up....the soccer field is on top of a two story parking structure.

You park in the lot and then walk upstairs to see the game.

That being said, San Diego State was much quicker to the ball and had many more good opportunities.

The zips will learn from this.  

I'm no soccer expert, but I've been frustrated this year watching this particular team try to FINISH scoring opportunities.  This seems so unlike most of the teams of the last 10 years or so.  

No excuse for giving up 1 goal over 3 games, and you have a 2-1 record.  

Edited by skip-zip
edit
  • Like 1