Article on College soccer

A good read. It appears to me that the Zips are just the type of program he is begging for. Unfortunately when it comes to the post season the other style of play prevails most often. Size and speed with an emphasis on defensive prowess will beat finesse if the referee swallows his whistle. For what ever reason we seem to have culture in the USA that in the post season we accept the concept of "just let them play". 

1 hour ago, Hilltopper said:

A good read. It appears to me that the Zips are just the type of program he is begging for. Unfortunately when it comes to the post season the other style of play prevails most often. Size and speed with an emphasis on defensive prowess will beat finesse if the referee swallows his whistle. For what ever reason we seem to have culture in the USA that in the post season we accept the concept of "just let them play". 

Because that is the type of player/play that MLS values and the referees in the College Cup are MLS referees. It's the same valued style and type of players that continue to stunt the US ability to compete with the rest of the world.

• Thanks 1

Jared Embick is also trying. Perhaps not as vocal but certainly by action (as can be seen by Akron’s approach to the game). 

I credit Wake Forest as well. 

• Like 1