Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kreed5120

MAC Membership Unveils Esports Venture

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

MAC schools are forming the Esports Collegiate Conference.

 

https://getsomemaction.com/news/2020/6/9/general-mac-membersip-unveils-esports-venture.aspx

 

I have so many questions.  Here are a few.

When is the esports season: efall or espring?

How will it be determined who the home eteam is for each ematch?

Is it true that each esport will have weight classes just like wrestling?

Will there be ereferees for all ematches?

Will the eplayers jerseys have numbers (will fractions be allowed)?

Does UofA plan to allow beer sales at the egames?

Will there be a time limit on each ematch or could an ematch go on and on for eons?

Has Akron announced a head ecoach yet?

Is there a limit on how many assistant ecoaches/etrainers/emanagers/eetc. each eteam can have?

Edited by Zipmeister
.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2020 at 4:23 PM, kreed5120 said:

MAC schools are forming the Esports Collegiate Conference.

 

https://getsomemaction.com/news/2020/6/9/general-mac-membersip-unveils-esports-venture.aspx

 

https://getsomemaction.com/news/2020/6/9/general-mac-membership-unveils-esports-venture.aspx

 

Not sure why your link doesn't work for me but mine does(?)

 

This is a big enough deal that the president of Sweater U. is serving as chairman of the esports collegiate BOD.

 

 

Edited by ZippyRulz
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2020 at 7:13 PM, Zipmeister said:

 

I have so many questions.  Here are a few.

When is the esports season: efall or espring?

How will it be determined who the home eteam is for each ematch?

Is it true that each esport will have weight classes just like wrestling?

Will there be ereferees for all ematches?

Will the eplayers jerseys have numbers (will fractions be allowed)?

Does UofA plan to allow beer sales at the egames?

Will there be a time limit on each ematch or could an ematch go on and on for eons?

Has Akron announced a head ecoach yet?

Is there a limit on how many assistant ecoaches/etrainers/emanagers/eetc. each eteam can have?

 

A few additional questions, and a suggestion, have occurred to me.

Will there be divisions in esports just like in real sports?

Are there going to be esport scholarship limits?

Will the school be required to provide ejocks with insurance policies to cover esport injuries like carpal tunnel?

 

And I'm probably missing out on an a life-changing opportunity by not doing this myself, but somebody in Akron should establish the eSport Hall of Fame so Akron can keep up with Cleveland and Canton and their Halls of Fame (The eHall of Fame).

Edited by Zipmeister
..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard a rumor that Zeke may be coming back to Akron to pursue a masters degree so that he will be eligible to represent the Zips on our eSports team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this thread is very entertaining for some of our more mature members of Zipsnation. With that said, our friends 16 year old son has already won over $250k playing Fortnite. That is in addition to the $3k salary per month that he is making playing the game.😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

I know this thread is very entertaining for some of our more mature members of Zipsnation. With that said, our friends 16 year old son has already won over $250k playing Fortnite. That is in addition to the $3k salary per month that he is making playing the game.😳

 

I just hope he is kneeling before every match to demonstrate his support for BLM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone seen our edepth chart for this season?

What are your thoughts about our squads relative strength in Overwatch and League of Legends?

I am so pumped for esports competition; my belly button won't quit puckering and unpuckering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Has anyone seen our edepth chart for this season?

What are your thoughts about our squads relative strength in Overwatch and League of Legends?

I am so pumped for esports competition; my belly button won't quit puckering and unpuckering.

You'll love this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...