Jump to content

zippy5

Members
  • Posts

    8,126
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    141

Everything posted by zippy5

  1. Also, I think there is a reason Maynor played one of his worst games of the year.
  2. Showed from the tip? After your 7-0 run to start, we were leading until 5 minutes left.props to VCU, they're a great team.now shut up we know we lost, no need to reiterate what already happened district.i could only wish our fanbase and "atmosphere" could compare to VCU's godly college basketball haven...get over yourself
  3. I also wouldn't have minded seeing a quick layup and a foul instead of the 3 by Dials.If they miss one of the two, we get the ball back down 2, or even if they make em both, we're in the same spot as before, and 10 seconds is enough time.Skipzip, I played ball for a few years myself, I don't know about your coaching background, but that was a silly shot, I would rather take one, set shot with 3 seconds left,than an off balance, fadeaway with 13 seconds left. Although, I think the right move in the situation would be a quick layup and a foul.
  4. I would rather see Dials commit 12 turnovers than take another shot like that at the end.No one's commented on it, but he had 2 guys on him, 10 seconds left, and put up a fade away 23 footer!!I'm almost positive we had a timeout left, use it and get something set up, or if you like your matchups on the floor, work and get a better shot, we had 10 more seconds!!!ugh.
  5. You guys could be right, for some reason I thought we had 3 before the NIU game, maybe not.
  6. Were like 52-4 or something since Dambrot came, to add to your statistics...I don't know really, It gets very loud the way it was built with the low roof,out of conference we don't really schedule anyone at home, we average around 2500 OOC.Easy teams=wins, even with the small crowd.In the MAC we average around 4000-4500 I'd say...Tougher teams, but twice the crowd and noise, I say that is the difference.
  7. Hey Mollaut, why is there such little student support at the games?MAC champs last year, pretty decent program year in and year out, I don't understand.I'm a hockey fan, and watched your game against Michigan, and it seemed like there was tons of supports there.Do you think that kind of raises the bar for b-ball? Seriously, I would bet we were louder than the Miami fans.I have a few friends at miami, and they think it's kind of sad that no one is interested in basketball.Just wondering what you think...
  8. Everyone should have the privilege of reading this post at least once in their life.
  9. AK!
  10. I'm pretty sure these bleachers have a back to them...
  11. ok so he sits him when opponents pick up on his bad defense, why not. Ride his hot hand until his defense is exposed, nothing wrong with that.
  12. Why wouldn't KD want B. McKnight driving to the basket?That's a good question... he played for few minutes against NIU, driving to the basket, was 4/4 on FG, was substituted and never played again. It seemed like KD didn't like that.Don't you guys notice there are certain players KD will play over and over again, no matter if they are doing bad or not, gives them chances over and over, then there are others that get one or two chances, if you don't get it done, you are done....You sound like an angry parent.Give some actual evidence that this happens "over and over."
  13. Correct me if I'm wrong, but after the surgery, rest alone does not rehab the injury.What better exercise to get into game shape for the tournament than an actual game?They wouldn't let him play if he was in danger of re-injuring it, so as long as hes say, 75%, he's better than most forwards.I'll take 15 minutes of J-Wood at any percent.
  14. I believe there may be 2 bus loads?
  15. Our RPI is 96 for the record...Not saying it's good, just sayin'
  16. I think we can run with them.Even without J-Wood, the Mcknights and Bardo should be enough inside, the Mcknights can go inside/outside, so we can go small or big against them.With Roberts, Mcnees, Dials, and Middleton, we have enough depth I think to play their uptempo style, and throw in Linhart, I think we'll be alright.Bring em on!!!
  17. I have a question.If we're this bad on the road, and that good at home, what team do we see at the Q?Our home team, road badness, or an average of the two...
  18. Sounds like there's a lot of Zip fans there? Everytime we score, I hear a lot of cheering over the radio...
  19. This is a very unlikely hypothetical question, but one can dream...What if we win out, and Can't can manage to lose another game than against us, we end up tied with Can't for first same records, split the season series, what's the next tiebreaker?
  20. Coach D says he will not play anyone that does not play defense, B. McKnight does not play defense, if Coach D keeps his word, we wont see him anymore....Did anyone really play any defense in last night's game? It was really a team effort of bad defense. OK I will probably get slammed for this, but sometimes IMHO I think offense wins games, there I said it! This defense wins games gets old to me, if you noticed last night, offensively we shot terrible, if we made half those shots, and still played terrible defense we would of won! Ok let the slamming begin.....Exactly why defense wins games...we shot terrible, and were still in the game till 2:00 left. If we could have held them anywhere below say 60%ish instead of the 65% :blink: they shot, we still would have won with our poor offensive night...
  21. I'd rather have the 6:30 or 9:00 ESPNU slot...11 is just kinda early...gotta like the ESPN2 tho i guess.
  22. Let's run the wishbone/fullhouse package with Williams, Johnson, and Allen I'm excited about Johnson though, I never realized he transferred here, he was i think the #1 RB in the country out of HS, and a 5 star recruit, hopefully he can contribute.
  23. Realtimerpi lists you as 58...I'm right you can't subtract...But how bout these apples? Pitt has had 3 straight top 25 recruiting classes in football.Have they had a winning season in the past 3 years. You guessed it, no.No one really gives a sh*t about your recruits. Unless they morph into your walk-ons bodies and play with your starters this year in the JAR, it doesn't matter.
  24. OK everybody now. 75 minus 58C'mon I know you can do it...that's right, carry the ten to the one's column...7, then a 1.THAT MAKES 17, GOOD JOB KIDS!!!!!so anyway...you're 17 not 18 "better" than us.Once again, going back to history.The MAC is better THIS YEAR!!!not last year, not next year, BUT THIS YEAR!!!shut the hell up you haven't won anything yet, and don't plan on it.if you do it's gonna be a looong ride back to Virginia.
×
×
  • Create New...