Attendance this Saturday

zipboy

I hope you're kidding about the 25,000. Remember, we had a home game this same time last year, and the weather was beautiful, it was Can't State, and it was the first home game of the year, not the 2nd......and it only drew 18,000. Unless Cincinnati brings tons of fans, I think you're probably looking at maybe half of that 25,000 estimate.

Attendance was officially 16927.
Was it really that much. The pictures do all the talking:Who has the most fans in NE Ohio??
Those pictures don't tell the whole story. We know that YSU's stadium only has stands on one side of the field. The photos taken at the Rubber bowl show the side where nobody sits on. Can't's pics look pretty accurate, though.

Attendance was officially 16927.
Was it really that much. The pictures do all the talking:Who has the most fans in NE Ohio??
Those pictures don't tell the whole story. We know that YSU's stadium only has stands on one side of the field. The photos taken at the Rubber bowl show the side where nobody sits on. Can't's pics look pretty accurate, though.
Well perhaps the picture doesn't tell the story, but the numbers do not lie. If you find me a picture of the other side of the RB, I'll gladly post it. And also, YSU does have 4000 seats on the other side of the stadium, where do you think that photo was taken from.

He posts a picture of the crowd during the pre-game when most are either not there yet, or still tailgating.Then, comes up with some arbitrary 12,000 and some number for the attendance.Personally, I thought the crowd was bigger than the announced attendance.By the way, here's a picture of the other side of the Bowl about halfway through the first quarter.Not that it's impressive, but at least it's accurate and not skewed to try to prove a point.If you want Youngstown in the MAC, tell your AD and get off our backs.P9270126.png

It is impressive that folks in that dump of a city support the team so well, especially in this economy. That being said, this will all be a moot point in approximately one year when we're no longer playing in a 70 year old dump that's located 10 miles from campus. And then again in one more year when both K-ent and YSU are div 1AA.

It is impressive that folks in that dump of a city support the team so well, especially in this economy. That being said, this will all be a moot point in approximately one year when we're no longer playing in a 70 year old dump that's located 10 miles from campus. And then again in one more year when both K-ent and YSU are div 1AA.
The 12000 is your average attendance after 2 games. The 15.8k in Youngstown is the average attendance after 3 games.

The 12000 is your average attendance after 2 games. The 15.8k in Youngstown is the average attendance after 3 games.
And.....YAWN!!!!!!!!!Is the average response to anything regarding YSU outside of Youngstown. Give it a rest already.

Don't you have a "Fire Heacock" meeting to attend?

Don't you have a "Fire Heacock" meeting to attend?
I'll attend it if he fails to get us over .500 this year. I am confident he can lead us to the playoffs in the Missouri Valley Conference, considering we have 2 Top 10 teams still left at home.Think it's just YSU that rules, I urge you folks to attend the Ursuline-Mooney game at Stambaugh in a few weeks. It will really make Cant State look bad. Ursuline is #1 in D5, Mooney #4 in D4. Mooney has won the last 6 meetings I believe. If the weather is relatively nice, it will be packed. High School football in the Valley is second to none!

I think that's pretty good when you're comparing Stambaugh which opened in 1982 On-campus for YSU, compared to 68 year old crumbling stadium some ten miles away from campus.I love how YSU talk trash and pretend like YSU football didn't exists prior to 1982. YSU played at Austintown Fitch HS and I attended games there when YSU couldn't sell out a HS stadium. That was back when the Acme-Zip game 35,000 to 40,000 was more then YSU drew for entire season.The Info will make big difference along with UofA putting a winner on the field. 2004 and 2005 proves UofA can draw as they far exceed the 15,000 for both those season at crumbling RB 10 miles away from campus.Just what to think a winning product and brand new on-campus stadium will do?I think it's great YSU draws what they draw today. But, spare me the tough talk. I remember when YSU couldn't draw jack.

The rubber bowl is a hole (literally) compared to Stambaugh. And it is next to an airport miles from campus. Even though they compete at 1-AA, they have had an advantage over UA for years. We are still one of the newer 1-A programs by the way when you look at how far back many of these schools have been competing at 1-A. Our football team even had to practice in some pasture off campus for the longest time. We definitely had one of the ugliest commuter campuses in Ohio and there really was little pride in UA, making it difficult to build a fan base. *Enter Proenza* This talk of YSU's attendance and how great they are does not phase me at all. Yes, they outdraw us a lot, but YSU has seen its best days while Akron's are still ahead. The info will be the best facility in the MAC hands down and heads and shoulders above Stambaugh. The area adjacent to the stadium when the dorms are complete will look stunning and will definitely attract more students to games. When you factor in our enrollment (about doubles YSU's) and facilities, our potential far exceeds them. Akron football has missed some key opportunities in recent seasons and the Cincy game is prime example. That has not helped our cause in the attendance area. But when we get a winner look out.Any YSU hater might have a better argument against Can't State. They have been competing at 1-A for a long time and really have nothing to show for it. I guess they put a pretty canopy over their pressbox (wow) but where are they really going? So eguins you are not going to get really far on this forum. We like football here, but if you go to Can't's board half of them want to drop football all together or go down to your 1-AA affiliation. You might get further along over there.Here it is:http://www.ncaabbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=474