Eastern Michigan vs Akron Zips

Dr Z

Your thoughts on the game  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for the first option mainly because I believe we have the talent to win against nearly any MAC team (Ball State not included). However, I don't know a whole lot about the EMU team, so my opinion is biased towards the zips... then again, I am a student and a fan of the zips, so should you expect any less? :D

We win because we are the better team.We've only lost games to teams that the consensus was they were better than us. Balls Tate was a much better team, it's good we played as well as we did. Cincy and BGSU were slightly better and we lost in heart breaking fashion. But trust that if we won either of those games, they would have been upsets. The way in which we lost was painful, but those losses weren't like losing to army or syracuse or other teams worse than us.We beat teams we should beat, lose games we should lose. This is the truth, but is contrary to what I hear some on these boards say.The remaining schedule is teams that are worse than us or, at best, a tossup. We could/should win out or maybe drop one. If we start losing to teams worse than us, then I'll get worried and mad at the coach.For now, EMU is worse, so we beat them.

Here's how I feel about this game, since my option wasn't in the poll...If we lose this game, I am cancelling my season ticket order for the Info unless JD is fired immediately following the game. I came back to Akron and dragged a few of my buddies along for the last homecoming in the stadium I played in for five of the best years of my life, and left feeling embarrassed.

I saw most of the Army-EMU game last week. EMU has a decent running game, that could present Akron with problems. The passing game is pretty limited. They are very close to Army in quality, equal to or better than K-S-U, but since Army won what was a close-fought game, and Akron won @ Army, I have to say the odds are with the Zips. Akron by 5.

I chose the 1st option, even thought EMU DOES scare me in Rynearson because I believe Schmidt is a pretty good QB. Here's the twist. Both Schmidt and Jacq will get knocked out early, and Rodgers will easily outshine McMahon as the Zips pull away convincingly 38-17.
Sounds like a plan to me. Who shall knock them out? Me, or you? Because god knows that niether defense will get to them.

I chose the 1st option, even thought EMU DOES scare me in Rynearson because I believe Schmidt is a pretty good QB. Here's the twist. Both Schmidt and Jacq will get knocked out early, and Rodgers will easily outshine McMahon as the Zips pull away convincingly 38-17.
Sounds like a plan to me. Who shall knock them out? Me, or you? Because god knows that niether defense will get to them.
Well I'll be in Pittsburgh, so you might have to take care of business. If you can't let me know ASAP. I'll see if Ryan Myers is busy this weekend or not :D

The game scares me. Mostly, as I have stated in other threads, up and down QB play and some HORRIBLE RED ZONE PLAYING CALLING.
our red zone play calling has not been too bad according to the stats"Last year, Akron only scored 70 percent of the time in the red zone, scoring just 23 times with just 14 TDs. This year, Akron is scoring on 93 percent of its red zone chances with 25 scores and 15 red zone TDs."I know that's 10 times we've got a field goal instead of a touchdown but still, we have passed our TD total for redzone scoring from last year already and that's a damn good stat if you ask me considering it means we've been there ALOT.

Hard to say there was a wrong answer looking back, but I still stand by my vote, Eastern stinks!We ARE a better TEAM.This should have scared fans if it didn't.It did turn out to be an exciting game.If you were starting to lose interest, I think your back now.Coaching staff...PLEASE show me a better defense the next time we take the field.

We just won. We're alone on top of the East. And I still am not excited about the rest of the season. All this was was a win over a bad team looking to take out their frustration of losing to Army on whoever they played. There's something magical about the way this team wins sometimes, from the MAC championship to WMU to EMU. Too bad we blow more tight games than we win.

We just won. We're alone on top of the East. And I still am not excited about the rest of the season. All this was was a win over a bad team looking to take out their frustration of losing to Army on whoever they played. There's something magical about the way this team wins sometimes, from the MAC championship to WMU to EMU. Too bad we blow more tight games than we win.
Well, that is true, assuming UB loses to Army. Last I saw, 10-3 Army, 2:55 into the 2nd.

Well, that is true, assuming UB loses to Army. Last I saw, 10-3 Army, 2:55 into the 2nd.
Army isn't a MAC school. Buffalo's conference record remains at 1-2 no matter how they do today.

Army isn't a MAC school. Buffalo's conference record remains at 1-2 no matter how they do today.
And our two MAC victories have been extremely lucky wins over the two bottom dwellers in each division. C'mon guys, show us something over the last four games of the season. I say 3-1 would get us to the MACC.