Super Tuesday .. er .. Wednesday

Fortuitously, I have my Zips basketball "warm-up" in # 54 ready for the trip to McKeesport. I have had it for years now. Now I know why!!Is there a schedule for the McKeesport BB season available on-line?Waiting for a Zeke-tacular signing day!!Go Zips!!
So who's going to switch numbers since Bardo is #54 now?

Fortuitously, I have my Zips basketball "warm-up" in # 54 ready for the trip to McKeesport. I have had it for years now. Now I know why!!Is there a schedule for the McKeesport BB season available on-line?Waiting for a Zeke-tacular signing day!!Go Zips!!
Zeke said that he will change his number from 54 to 44 when he comes to Akron. Also, I think he will be changing his high school number to 44 as well this year.

McKEESPORT TIGERS BOYS VARSITY BASKETBALL SCHEDULE....Tue 11/25/08 *Scrimmage - Ringgold/West Mifflin Neenie Campbell Gym 7:00PM Tue 12/02/08 *Scrimmage - Penn Trafford/Valley Neenie Campbell Gym 7:00PM Fri 12/05/08 @ Hempfield Tip Off 7:30PM Sat 12/06/08 @ Hempfield Tip Off 4:00PM Mon 12/08/08 @ Central Catholic 7:30PM Wed 12/10/08 @ Moon Area 7:30PM Fri 12/12/08 @ Fox Chapel 7:30PM Tue 12/16/08 @ Franklin Regional 7:30PM Fri 12/19/08 Plum @ Neenie Campbell Gym 7:30PM Tue 12/23/08 @ Peters Township 7:30PM Mon 12/29/08 @ Trinity Tournament TBA Tue 12/30/08 @ Trinity Tournament TBA Tue 01/06/09 @ Woodland Hills 7:30PM Fri 01/09/09 Penn Hills @ Neenie Campbell Gym 7:30PM Tue 01/13/09 @ Gateway 7:30PM Wed 01/14/09 Altoona @ Neenie Campbell Gym 7:00PM Fri 01/16/09 Fox Chapel @ Neenie Campbell Gym 7:30PM Tue 01/20/09 Franklin Regional @ Neenie Campbell Gym 7:30PM Fri 01/23/09 @ Plum 7:30PM Sun 01/25/09 @ Pgh. High School Classic@Robert Morris 3:30PM Fri 01/30/09 Woodland Hills @ Neenie Campbell Gym 7:30PM Tue 02/03/09 @ Penn Hills 7:30PM Fri 02/06/09 Gateway @ Neenie Campbell Gym 7:30PM SENIOR RECOGNITION NIGHT Mon 02/09/09 @ Mt. Lebanon 7:30PM

Zeke said that he will change his number from 54 to 44 when he comes to Akron. Also, I think he will be changing his high school number to 44 as well this year.
Great! I like "symmetric" numbers on big men. Kareem's #33 always looked appropriate to me for some reason. #44 is a nice choice for Zeke IMO.

McKEESPORT TIGERS BOYS VARSITY BASKETBALL SCHEDULE....Tue 11/25/08 *Scrimmage - Ringgold/West Mifflin Neenie Campbell Gym 7:00PM Tue 12/02/08 *Scrimmage - Penn Trafford/Valley Neenie Campbell Gym 7:00PM Fri 12/05/08 @ Hempfield Tip Off 7:30PM Sat 12/06/08 @ Hempfield Tip Off 4:00PM Mon 12/08/08 @ Central Catholic 7:30PM Wed 12/10/08 @ Moon Area 7:30PM Fri 12/12/08 @ Fox Chapel 7:30PM Tue 12/16/08 @ Franklin Regional 7:30PM Fri 12/19/08 Plum @ Neenie Campbell Gym 7:30PM Tue 12/23/08 @ Peters Township 7:30PM Mon 12/29/08 @ Trinity Tournament TBA Tue 12/30/08 @ Trinity Tournament TBA Tue 01/06/09 @ Woodland Hills 7:30PM Fri 01/09/09 Penn Hills @ Neenie Campbell Gym 7:30PM Tue 01/13/09 @ Gateway 7:30PM Wed 01/14/09 Altoona @ Neenie Campbell Gym 7:00PM Fri 01/16/09 Fox Chapel @ Neenie Campbell Gym 7:30PM Tue 01/20/09 Franklin Regional @ Neenie Campbell Gym 7:30PM Fri 01/23/09 @ Plum 7:30PM Sun 01/25/09 @ Pgh. High School Classic@Robert Morris 3:30PM Fri 01/30/09 Woodland Hills @ Neenie Campbell Gym 7:30PM Tue 02/03/09 @ Penn Hills 7:30PM Fri 02/06/09 Gateway @ Neenie Campbell Gym 7:30PM SENIOR RECOGNITION NIGHT Mon 02/09/09 @ Mt. Lebanon 7:30PM
Thanks Gamechanger!! Go Zeke!! Go McKeesport Tigers!! Go Zips!!

Thanks for the schedule 54 (should you change # too? :) )According to this article, "McKeesport plays varsity contests at Neenie Campbell Memorial Gym in Founders' Hall" If you google map "Neenie Campbell" nothing comes up, if you google map "Founders' Hall" the below comes up.I was trying to post a map so that anybody that wanted to go to support "Cuatro Cuatro®" could refer to it. Does anybody have better info than I do?founders.jpgSeems to be about 120 miles from the University. About a 2 hour drive.

I just want to make this observation..and although I know there are many of you who did not agree with or support President Elect Obama...I find it somewhat befitting that my son has chosen to wear No. 44.Now, granted this decision was made WAY BEFORE last nights historic election...but how awesome it is to see that Zeke will be wearing the number of not only some AWESOME basketball figures...but also in representation of our first African American President who is now the 44TH President of our United States.This little bit of revelation didn't even hit me until late last night while I was sitting there listening to President Obama's acceptance speech. With everything that is happening in our country right now..and for months and years to come, I just wanted to take a pause and share this little piece of revelation with Zeke's "other" family. Just makes you say..Uhhmmmm!! Interesting!!!!

I just want to make this observation..and although I know there are many of you who did not agree with or support President Elect Obama...I find it somewhat befitting that my son has chosen to wear No. 44.Now, granted this decision was made WAY BEFORE last nights historic election...but how awesome it is to see that Zeke will be wearing the number of not only some AWESOME basketball figures...but also in representation of our first African American President who is now the 44TH President of our United States.This little bit of revelation didn't even hit me until late last night while I was sitting there listening to President Obama's acceptance speech. With everything that is happening in our country right now..and for months and years to come, I just wanted to take a pause and share this little piece of revelation with Zeke's "other" family. Just makes you say..Uhhmmmm!! Interesting!!!!
That's pretty neat, actually. I didn't even make the connection until you pointed it out. Two people that are #44 who will change the face of the organization they are a part of. Cool!

TOMORROW TOMORROW WE'LL HAVE ZEKE TOMORROW IT'S ONLY A DAY AWAYS!do I get in troubly for quoting a musical on a sports forum?
Yeah....we gonna take ur fiddles away. No mush for you tonight!!!!!!!! OK..ladies and gentlemen let the talk begin...here are links to several articles about tomorrow's early signing day. http://www.miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=874650

Marshall, a top-40 prospect, was one of the first highly ranked players tospurn the high-majors in the class of 2009. He committed to Akron, citingthe school's computer program.

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_597835.htmlMcKeesport's 7-foot center Zeke Marshall plans to sign with Akron. "He probably could have done better than that - he did well at the Nike camp," said Clark Francis, editor and publisher of the recruiting Website Hoop Scoop.This one is care of Coach Boals and comes from Scout.com:Recruiter's Roundtable, Part I: In advance of the early signing period, we polled Dave Telep, Evan Daniels, Greg Hicks and Eric Bossi and gathered their thoughts on the Class of 20093) Who is the big sleeper in this class?Dave Telep: When I think of guards, Jordan Hulls comes to mind. Heck, as late as May he wasn’t on our Top 100 list. Others are better prospects but how many can lead like he can? Let’s be honest, the kid wasn’t even thought of a serious prospect for the Hoosiers as a junior and he resides in Bloomington! As far as bigs not in our Top 100, I’ll toss the name Cadarian Raines out there. Virginia Tech has an explosive guy with great athleticism and a knack for blocking shots.Evan Daniels: The biggest sleeper in the class of 2009 could be Mike Moser out of Portland (Ore.). He’s not a guy that has received a ton of attention, but is ranked in our Top 75. With his length and ability to play multiple positions, I think he’s got a tremendous upside and is the type of guy that will be a tremendous impact on the school he ends up at. He can defend three positions and is an efficient spot up shooter out to 22-feet. I think this is the type of guy that could find himself on an all-conference team by the end of his college career.Greg Hicks: Brandon Davies is the best player nobody talks about and BYU got a steal with his commitment. He's good enough to play at any school in the country. Great feet and hands, with a high skill level.Eric Bossi: I know he's highly rated by a lot of people so it's hard to call him a sleeper, but I think that Zeke Marshall could end up that guy. He's going to Akron so some people are going to forget about him because he's playing at a "mid major". But, that doesn't change the fact that the young man has immense potential in that seven foot frame and a few years from now I won't be surprised to see him doing big things.

Eric Bossi: I know he's highly rated by a lot of people so it's hard to call him a sleeper, but I think that Zeke Marshall could end up that guy. He's going to Akron so some people are going to forget about him because he's playing at a "mid major". But, that doesn't change the fact that the young man has immense potential in that seven foot frame and a few years from now I won't be surprised to see him doing big things.
I think this Eric Bossi guy knows what he's talking about. :)