Rain and 55 for Thursday

Lee Adams

what all would I need to get me some bleacher?
i've been inspecting them the past few games, though ive been extremely intoxicated while doing so, it seems that they would be a pretty tough job to get out. Id rather take a few section signs in the aisles and maybe a roo zoo sign if there is still one up
A couple of students already stole the sign last week. Watched them walk right out with it.
well a friend of mine grabbed one at the Cant game last year, no idea what he did with it though.

Latest forecast is still holding true to what BleacherBum said.Weather LinkA cool, yet dry, night will be perfect for ushering the old lady into retirement the right way. I'll be there along with 4 other Zip faithfuls, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I'll be a little misty-eyed at some point towards the end of the game, regardless of the outcome. I estimate that, watching football alone, I've spent about 2 entire weeks of my life in the Rubber Bowl.

I have heard from a very good source at UA that the official Zips tailgate area will be at Buchtel Field. Anywhere else you might have a problem with an open container. I will try and confirm this, but that's what I have been told.
Only Buchtel Field? For a 30,000 seat stadium they'd limit tailgating to that small area? They couldn't POSSIBLY screw it up this bad. I hope you are misinformed.
I checked again this morning and it appears that Buchtel Field will be the Tailgate area. Anywhere else with an open container and you will risk a citation. http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=41....mp;t=h&z=17

Hi there Hilltopper. Was wondering if you could give any more info about tailgating. I am surprised about the limitation to "Buchtel Field only" because there just isn't that much public space there anymore. And it obviously won't be "tailgating" in the true sense because you can't park there....will you be allowed to byob to Buchtel? What about bbq grills???A harsh enforecement of open container laws will be a big disaster imho. For Browns games there are open containers in every single lot. The Police only hassle those who deserve it through bad behavior. If the Akron PD (or University PD) cracks down on tailgating, expect a large amount of well deserved bad publicity for our brand new stadium.

I have heard from a very good source at UA that the official Zips tailgate area will be at Buchtel Field. Anywhere else you might have a problem with an open container. I will try and confirm this, but that's what I have been told.
Only Buchtel Field? For a 30,000 seat stadium they'd limit tailgating to that small area? They couldn't POSSIBLY screw it up this bad. I hope you are misinformed.
I checked again this morning and it appears that Buchtel Field will be the Tailgate area. Anywhere else with an open container and you will risk a citation. http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=41....mp;t=h&z=17

Hi there Hilltopper. Was wondering if you could give any more info about tailgating. I am surprised about the limitation to "Buchtel Field only" because there just isn't that much public space there anymore. And it obviously won't be "tailgating" in the true sense because you can't park there....will you be allowed to byob to Buchtel? What about bbq grills???A harsh enforecement of open container laws will be a big disaster imho. For Browns games there are open containers in every single lot. The Police only hassle those who deserve it through bad behavior. If the Akron PD (or University PD) cracks down on tailgating, expect a large amount of well deserved bad publicity for our brand new stadium.
For the life of me, I can't think of anyone in this community who might place their own agenda ahead of the success of our brand new stadium :D340x.jpg

Sorry to be such a downer on the tailgating info. All I can tell you is what I have been told by one who knows. The sattelite photo I posted is a little old now and there has been alot of new development in that area, so things might look a little different now. My understanding is that they are going to park cars on the field itself. I guess you will need a reserved space and some kind of fee will apply. Based on the parking situation, a reserved spot in the tailgate area might be some of the closest parking available. :)

Sorry to be such a downer on the tailgating info. All I can tell you is what I have been told by one who knows. The sattelite photo I posted is a little old now and there has been alot of new development in that area, so things might look a little different now. My understanding is that they are going to park cars on the field itself. I guess you will need a reserved space and some kind of fee will apply. Based on the parking situation, a reserved spot in the tailgate area might be some of the closest parking available. :)
Cuse fan here...Your stadium situation is like ours. I bet you'll have to be a donor to get the rights to pay to park there. The AD won't pass up an opportunity to make some $$$BTW, I'll need a couple of you guys to work with me next summer to get my Akron Tailgate and Visitors guide done. If you want to volunteer to help send me via PM your email address. I need a few of you with the local insight. It makes sense to do one on Akron as you seem to play several Big East teams.My Blog with the other schools already done.

Leakin :john: article from today. The team is still expecting the largest crowd of the year. It took a while for me to decide whether I like the $1 ticket idea or not, but I've come to the conclusion that it's a good idea (and not just because I've added my son and his buddy to my entourage for this game :D ). Why not get as many people there as possible? It's NOT going to be nearly a sell-out anyway, even with the discount. I look at this as a one-time deal. NO MORE discounts after this game!!! All discounted tickets get to be buried in the hillside along with the urine troughs (any still remaining), the light polls, and paint chip/turf/rubble salad, to be found by another civilization circa 2525 AD (Zager and Evans).Link

B)
Leakin :john: article from today. The team is still expecting the largest crowd of the year. It took a while for me to decide whether I like the $1 ticket idea or not, but I've come to the conclusion that it's a good idea (and not just because I've added my son and his buddy to my entourage for this game :D ). Why not get as many people there as possible? It's NOT going to be nearly a sell-out anyway, even with the discount. I look at this as a one-time deal. NO MORE discounts after this game!!! All discounted tickets get to be buried in the hillside along with the urine troughs (any still remaining), the light polls, and paint chip/turf/rubble salad, to be found by another civilization circa 2525 AD (Zager and Evans).Link
B) 20 grand at the bowl...counting fuffalo freaks...if the weather is decent...

Funny...and scary!!!!

For the life of me, I can't think of anyone in this community who might place their own agenda ahead of the success of our brand new stadium :D340x.jpg

Parking at Buchtel Field???Man, now I am confused or senile....what exactly are the parameters of Buchtel Field? Is it defined in the photo and I just missed it???

Parking at Buchtel Field???Man, now I am confused or senile....what exactly are the parameters of Buchtel Field? Is it defined in the photo and I just missed it???
It's the old baseball field on the other side of Exchange street.

I've got to tell you guys I'm planning on tailgating at Schrank South, and I've talked to some people at UofA and been told there will be NO ISSUE drinking in the parking lots. I think Schrank South is gonna be a great place because I have 2 kids and there is an enclosed grass area there just south of the practice field. The kids can run around and not get hit by cars on Exchange street. Hopefully it is open during game days!

I hope your people are right about the drinking issue. Just don't let your kids get near the actual Shrank structure, as I remember it was always crumbling apart back in the 90's. I think they built it out of some kind of cheap, porous sandstone like material. B)

I've got to tell you guys I'm planning on tailgating at Schrank South, and I've talked to some people at UofA and been told there will be NO ISSUE drinking in the parking lots. I think Schrank South is gonna be a great place because I have 2 kids and there is an enclosed grass area there just south of the practice field. The kids can run around and not get hit by cars on Exchange street. Hopefully it is open during game days!

Roger that, now I remember. The softball team used to play back there, and the soccer team had practice there too. My wife lived in a house there on Brown that's since been torn down. I am guessing that the other houses will be demolished also. Anyhow, I can actually see that area being a nice tailgate lot with a little fixing up.

It's the old baseball field on the other side of Exchange street.