Scrum during postgame handshakes in Athens

jupitertoo

Surprised there hasn't been any mention on the board about the altercation that took place during the post game handshakes at OU on Tuesday.With about 2 seconds remaining in the game, Ohio freshman Stephen Coleman stole the ball from Hitchens and went in for a dunk. The dunk didn't count -- time ran out just as he started to jump. During the handshakes, Akron assistant Rick McFadden told Coleman and an Ohio assistant that Akron was going to "take out" Coleman when the teams play in the JAR.Do you condone that sort of behavior from an assistant coach?

Does Ohio University condone players its football players taking out a player who has called a fair catch two years in a row and this year OU players spitting in the eye of a player to prevent a catch... Do you condone a Coach that teaches his players it is alright to drive while having a couple of dozen brews in his system....

Do you condone a Coach that teaches his players it is alright to drive while having a couple of dozen brews in the systems....
If this is a cheap shot against OU's head football coach teaching by example it is totally uncalled for. Plus, I have always said if you are having a couple of dozen brews the best place to have them is "in the systems."

I LOVE it. Some grain of sand in the Grand Hoohaa we call life, who attended the least interesting of all of the schools in the MAC, who is likely from the Appalachian foothills and "loves" his sister, often and with gusto, comes onto our ZN forum to attack, out of the blue. Troll?Low life scum?Nope. Just another loser from Grand Party Central.Hey Jethro, grab your banjo and your girlfriend, er sister, and go do what you do in that part of the state.KERBLAM!Go Zips!SeeTeeZipper

I believe Hugo is a Zips fan, and not an OU fan. He is referring to things that OU has done to us. I know this because he refers to the incidents where two years in a row an OU player launched a dirty hit on A. Jones while he was making a fair catch on a punt.
You're right... Geesh people.

I believe Hugo is a Zips fan, and not an OU fan. He is referring to things that OU has done to us. I know this because he refers to the incidents where two years in a row an OU player launched a dirty hit on A. Jones while he was making a fair catch on a punt.
You're right... Geesh people.
Regardless, OU is still a bunch of hicks. Yes, that's indeed a fact.

well then my bad hugo.seeteezip.take it easy on my kin folk :wave: I bet you can't buy one gift on christmas that takes care of your mother and your cousin all at the same time

Surprised there hasn't been any mention on the board about the altercation that took place during the post game handshakes at OU on Tuesday.With about 2 seconds remaining in the game, Ohio freshman Stephen Coleman stole the ball from Hitchens and went in for a dunk. The dunk didn't count -- time ran out just as he started to jump. During the handshakes, Akron assistant Rick McFadden told Coleman and an Ohio assistant that Akron was going to "take out" Coleman when the teams play in the JAR.Do you condone that sort of behavior from an assistant coach?
IF this is true, I don't condone a coach doing it. What I would condone is one of the Akron players stepping up and getting in Mr. Coleman's face and letting him know that when he comes to Akron, the dunk will be remembered. A little pushing and shoving after a heated game is not unheard of and should be expected on some level. The players should be the ones to initiate the pushing and shoving. Let's hope that in the future, one of the players will have the balls to do this instead of the coach having to do it for them.

IF this is true, I don't condone a coach doing it. What I would condone is one of the Akron players stepping up and getting in Mr. Coleman's face and letting him know that when he comes to Akron, the dunk will be remembered. A little pushing and shoving after a heated game is not unheard of and should be expected on some level. The players should be the ones to initiate the pushing and shoving. Let's hope that in the future, one of the players will have the balls to do this instead of the coach having to do it for them.
I think that is an important point, McFadden shouldn't have had to do it for them. When he played things like that would not stand and he wouldn't have been the only one who would have said or did something about it.Either way, i could care less if an assistant coach gets in the face or says anything to a player. This may be amateur basketball but these "kids" are all adults, and they can handle being called out by someone.

Did anyone actually see the play? It's on the ohiobobcat.com main page. They have a highlight video from the game Tuesday, similar to Zips Zone video. I went back and found the steal and dunk 45 seconds in. It looks like in the last few seconds, Coleman knocks the ball away from Roberts, both run after it and Coleman gets it running full speed. The buzzer sounds he took 2 steps and dunked it. It wasn't a big deal. Coleman and McFadden were emotional, it happens.For anyone who wants to see McKnight's tip in at the buzzer (the reason I watched the begining of the higlights in the first place on Wednesday), its at the 18 second mark of the video.

Did anyone actually see the play? It's on the ohiobobcat.com main page. They have a highlight video from the game Tuesday, similar to Zips Zone video. I went back and found the steal and dunk 45 seconds in. It looks like in the last few seconds, Coleman knocks the ball away from Roberts, both run after it and Coleman gets it running full speed. The buzzer sounds he took 2 steps and dunked it. It wasn't a big deal. Coleman and McFadden were emotional, it happens.For anyone who wants to see McKnight's tip in at the buzzer (the reason I watched the begining of the higlights in the first place on Wednesday), its at the 18 second mark of the video.
wasn't a big deal?! If you dunk after the buzzer sounds when you are already winning that's unsportsmanlike.I hope he gets fouled real hard right in front of me in the north stands when OU plays in Akron.

wasn't a big deal?! If you dunk after the buzzer sounds when you are already winning that's unsportsmanlike.I hope he gets fouled real hard right in front of me in the north stands when OU plays in Akron.
Yes, I watched the play, it was a second or two after the buzzer, not a big deal.

"Take out" is an ambiguous athletic term. The most negative meaning is the intent to take an opposing player out of a game by causing physical harm. But it's much more commonly used to imply applying a tough, focused defense on a player to take him out of his normal game rhythm and shut him down.