Marsell Holden

• 1 month later...

You can never underestimate the power of having a sharpshooting 3-point shooter on the floor. This team struggled at times from the 3-point line last year and a guy like Holden could certainly help out. The big question I have is do we really have room on our team for another sub-6'0" guard?

My question would be how Holden compares to Brett McClanahan, who had a similar high school 3-point shooting reputation. Holden would have to be a better overall player than the 6-4 McClanahan to overcome the obvious height disadvantage. Sub-6-foot shooting guards are fairly rare at the D1 level.

My question would be how Holden compares to Brett McClanahan, who had a similar high school 3-point shooting reputation. Holden would have to be a better overall player than the 6-4 McClanahan to overcome the obvious height disadvantage. Sub-6-foot shooting guards are fairly rare at the D1 level.
I'm guessing if he wanted to play at UA he'd need to redshirt in '09-10, and agree to walk-on in 10-11.