Zeke in Roundball Classic

<br />I saw Zeke at the Roundball Classic Banquet in Beaver Falls on Friday. He went 7 for 20 (35%) in the 3-point shootout that was held on Wednesday. Not bad for a 7-footer......<br />
<br /><br /><br />Zeke hit a three in the LBJ AAU game I was able to catch last year. And he looked completely comfortable in doing so! Nice, easy, smooth stroke - like it ain't no thing! The MAC trembles at the mention of Zeke's name!

<br />I saw Zeke at the Roundball Classic Banquet in Beaver Falls on Friday. He went 7 for 20 (35%) in the 3-point shootout that was held on Wednesday. Not bad for a 7-footer......<br />
<br /><br /><br />Zeke hit a three in the LBJ AAU game I was able to catch last year. And he looked completely comfortable in doing so! Nice, easy, smooth stroke - like it ain't no thing! The MAC trembles at the mention of Zeke's name!
Not that I would have any idea, but they're probably easier when you can look down at the basket when you shoot. :D

Roundball Classic ReviewNo doubt McKeesport's Zeke Marshall has the most potential of any player in the Roundball. He's 7 feet. He still has a ways to go offensively, but his shotblocking ability is tremendous. He had to have a triple double with points, rebounds and blocks. One of the best parts of the game was the first few minutes when Morgan was doing some damage on the inside, but Marshall also kept blocking his shot.Marshall is headed to Akron. He turned down scholarship offers from a few ACC, Atlantic 10 and Big East schools. But I think he might have made the right choice. Players in the Mid-American Conference aren't exactly slouches. If Marshall adds more weight, muscle and improves offensively, he could have a nice career. Of course, he also needs to have the work ethic to improve.

That's one of the other things that appears to show Zeke is an independent thinker. This game does not has the prestige of previous years and they mention that Zeke is the only D-I player to participate. I'm sure other D-I players at least got an invite, but I'll bet some turned it down for not being "big league" enough. I'm glad Zeke doesn't think that way. I'm happy he is going to come to play basketball for us since that is a very visible aspect but I'm even more proud that an independent thinker like that chose the Zips because it is where he wanted to go to school, not just to play basketball.