Zips Land a 6'7" Center for 2010

Interesting. Certainly doesn't have the sizzle of some of the other prospects we've been discussing here lately (Payne, Weatherspoon, Wright). 6'7" probably isn't going to be a center for us. At least not anymore. More than likely a PF. Hadn't really heard of this kid before. Anyone know anything about him?

Quickie-- Nate Linhart did not rate "sizzle", but to me he was a Great player. :D
Understood. But we also weren't in the process of recruiting the #11 player in the country while we were going after Nate Linhart. I'm not saying this kid is a bad pickup, just doesn't generate the kind of excitement that someone like Payne would. Those are just the facts.

Quickie-- Nate Linhart did not rate "sizzle", but to me he was a Great player. :D
Understood. But we also weren't in the process of recruiting the #11 player in the country while we were going after Nate Linhart. I'm not saying this kid is a bad pickup, just doesn't generate the kind of excitement that someone like Payne would. Those are just the facts.
After Zeke's signing, ANY new recruit's signing will lack "sizzle" for a while. He seems like a solid kid who's made big strides with each successive season. 6' 7" today means 6' 9" is easily possible by the time he sees the JAR court in 2010-11. I also like the schools that competed to recruit him. Obviously he's a great student and a hard worker.

Rasor compared him to Romeo Travis. If he's right, I'm very happy that we signed this guy.This only leaves one scholarship for 2010. It's time to go extra hard after Payne.
So what you're saying is, no Payne no gain?
Sure :rolleyes: We're set with guards for a while, I believe. Having two straight classes come in creating a major inside presence larger than any other MAC school can hope to have would solidify us at the top of the MAC.