Buffalo In-game thread

MDZip

Arrgghh - Flushes back within two.
buffalo coming back too...I wish we could keep a lead
Actually, the ebb and flow of this game reminds me a lot of the MAC Championship game last year, I'm not that worried about this one. Zips seem to be doing well.

Arrgghh - Flushes back within two.
buffalo coming back too...I wish we could keep a lead
Actually, the ebb and flow of this game reminds me a lot of the MAC Championship game last year, I'm not that worried about this one. Zips seem to be doing well.
yeah right after I said that we went on a nice run...I'm still worried this is akron, but they are playing really well tonight

please tell me I did not hear the Rowdys doing the "we are, Akron" cheer I will be ver disapointed if they give into this
They really didn't play that well - in the 1st half, Buffalo could not get a shot to drop (shades of VCU). It's a win and I'll take it, but Buffalo had a game like we did at VCU. It happens.
I thought Akron played the best 10 minutes of basketball they have played all year to start this game. Buffalo wasn't hitting shots but the defense had a lot to do with that. Everything was clicking on offense as well. To say we didn't play that well in a 10 point win that wasn't even that close is being a typical northeast Ohio/Cleveland fan. What more do you people want from this team?

You know, I've been reading these comments by the Zips "fans" for the past few weeks and I've never weighed in...but now, I've got to say, it's very disappointing. I can't believe the negative tone. If you guys are fans, I'd rather rely on French and Dunn - the orignial "Doom and Gloom". What is up with you guys? How about some insightful comments on game strategy? The Zips are tied for first, going into a great showdown with Can't State and, of course, we've still got the tournament ahead of us - for which Akron has secured a first round bye. Why isn't anyone happy! Do you even enjoy basketball? I don't get it. The Zips beat Buffalo, who beat them earlier in the season, and no one appears happy about that? Have you followed any other college baskeball this season? Even top ten teams lose games they're not supposed to. Where does all this attitude come from? It's not like Akron is in the NCAA's every year!Is it too much to ask that on a web site titled "Zips nation" that we have an attitude adjustment here? There is plenty to be proud about this season - and we're far from finished.

Did anyone else notice that in the last few minutes, when Buffalo had to score quickly to have a chance to win, they couldn't get an open shot and ran as much time off the clock on each possession as the Zips were doing at the other end? That's what you call great D.The Zips controlled this game from beginning to end. Whenever the lead would start to slip, someone stepped up and made a good play. The Zips made some silly mistakes, which all Zips' fans notice and groan about. But Buffalo made more silly mistakes. The Zips flat outplayed the Bulls at both ends of the court, and deserve as much credit for the good they did tonight as the heat they took for playing not so well at Buffalo.

please tell me I did not hear the Rowdys doing the "we are, Akron" cheer I will be ver disapointed if they give into this
they do tend to copy cheers from other schools, so I wouldn't be surprised....
I don't think we did. At least I didn't hear it. My favorite chant was "Let's play hockey!". This game tonight made me eat my words, now I'm full. :puke: I take back everything I have said about Dambrot and the team (besides the scheduling). They earned that win tonight, never let up. That was an amazing effort. Hats off to Dambrot for getting them ready, and hats off to the players for being ready! BRING ON BG!

If you don't hear exactly what they are saying, sometimes ZI - PS can sound a lot like that.

If you don't hear exactly what they are saying, sometimes ZI - PS can sound a lot like that.
ok thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't able to make the game and was watching it on t.v and my roommate and myself both thought we heard it. I know the every student section at every school steals stuff I'm just happy that our Rowdies haven't stooped to the level of "we are, uncreative" hell I even heard OSU students doing that at a game once

ok thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't able to make the game and was watching it on t.v and my roommate and myself both thought we heard it. I know the every student section at every school steals stuff I'm just happy that our Rowdies haven't stooped to the level of "we are, uncreative" hell I even heard OSU students doing that at a game once
Some time ago I posted a story about a Marshall fan who actually tracked-down an Penn State supporter in a grocery store parking lot to give him grief. Apparently the Penn State guy had a bumper sticker that read "We Are - Penn State!" The Marshall fan was angry that Penn State had ripped off their "We Are - Marshall" cheer.Every cheer has already been done by every high school and college. OH - IO isn't integral calculus. It's been done in 1,000 forms by 1,000 different fan groups. ZI - PS is fun. I like it.