Get me off of this Rat Ship

Sloopy

This board is a rat ship baby.

Last week everyone was thinking BCS for the 2005 team and saying the QB was the second coming of Unitas.

This week everyone is saying the QB sucks nad the head coach is a loser.

The one thing that is certain is that no one really cares about Akron football and that was before lsat night's game as Z-P said, only 10K showed up for the contest. That's 5K less than week one. Now with a 2-2 start the majority of this board is packing it in and looking ahead to basketball season? No one fills up the hoops arena either so who really cares aboutZip athletics.

Wonder what the CMU fans were saying last week after they lost to Eastern Michigan?

Perhaps the Patriots fans are syaing the Billichek and Brady should be gone after falling to 2-2 today?

Akron will be favored to beat Buffalo, Army, Ball State, Ohio and Can't State. BG and Miami are toss-ups. If the team comes to play for 60 minutes they should finish no worse than 7-4. In a rebuilding year that the coaches have stated was this season from the get-go you'd think that a potential 7-win season would be a good one in the eyes of a program that has only had 5 winning seasons out of the last 20. Since this program has never been to a D-1 bowl game and had no football postseason since Gerald Ford was President it is absurd to think that a team this inexperienced would be headed to a bowl game in 2005.

Guess in the world of the Akron football "fan" 7-4 is not good enough. :nono:

This board is a rat ship baby.

Last week everyone was thinking BCS for the 2005 team and saying the QB was the second coming of Unitas.

This week everyone is saying the QB sucks nad the head coach is a loser.

The one thing that is certain is that no one really cares about Akron football and that was before lsat night's game as Z-P said, only 10K showed up for the contest. That's 5K less than week one. Now with a 2-2 start the majority of this board is packing it in and looking ahead to basketball season? No one fills up the hoops arena either so who really cares aboutZip athletics.

Wonder what the CMU fans were saying last week after they lost to Eastern Michigan?

Perhaps the Patriots fans are syaing the Billichek and Brady should be gone after falling to 2-2 today?

Akron will be favored to beat Buffalo, Army, Ball State, Ohio and Can't State. BG and Miami are toss-ups. If the team comes to play for 60 minutes they should finish no worse than 7-4. In a rebuilding year that the coaches have stated was this season from the get-go you'd think that a potential 7-win season would be a good one in the eyes of a program that has only had 5 winning seasons out of the last 20. Since this program has never been to a D-1 bowl game and had no football postseason since Gerald Ford was President it is absurd to think that a team this inexperienced would be headed to a bowl game in 2005.

Guess in the world of the Akron football "fan" 7-4 is not good enough. :nono:

Nice post Sloopy. I can't believe the amount of crap I'm reading on this board today. I'm very disappointated in everyone.

Fair weather fans, they are, but you've got to admit that a lot of PLAYERS were not prepared in the head to play the game. As most of you out there know, in the real world

you had better d!!! well be ready to do the job when you get there, I found that out at the tender age of 17, the team members are, surely older than that.

With ball ammunition lock and load :D

Fair weather fans, they are, but you've got to admit that a lot of PLAYERS were not prepared in the head to play the game. As most of you out there know, in the real world

you had better d!!! well be ready to do the job when you get there, I found that out at the tender age of 17, the team members are, surely older than that.

Absolutely. They players are really to blame for last nights game. They are all adults and should be mentally ready to play.

They are all adults and should be mentally ready to play.

Yea, Right. :rolleyes: Come sit by the student section and I'll ask you this question later this month. I am with everyone here, what the hell is going on with "The sky is falling" crap! If we won last night, we would have been off to our best start in 15 YEARS!!!!!!! Attendance won't improve until we are really on a roll, for this season that means we are 7-2 going into the BG game (Sounds like Army will be a big draw regardless). Now, if we lose next week, then I'll start carrying my umbrella on sunny days.

I believe

I believe Ronald Regan was president the last time Akron played a post season game. Division IAA playoffs .

I believe Akron will beat Buffalo ....

I believe Akron has SEVEN Assistant Athletic Directors who, if the had they had ONE original thought in there brain it would die of loneliness. .... Giant Eagle, The Whistle, and no Media relationships !!! Spend some money, where is money going, $40 sweat shirts, $.35 cent bottles of Pepsi for $2.75 ???

I believe Akron upset Army .... in front of 30,000 fans at the Rubber Bowl

I believe Dominic Hixon will be drafted early third round

I believe Luke G. will have some more 300+ yard games and some more three interception games.

I believe the team who plays Defense in the MAC will win the MAC.

Don't stop believing !! The CMU game is history. CMU has left the Rubber Bowl and is on its way to another below .500 season. If Akron can beat the ussual suspects (Buffalo,Ohio,Ball State, and Can't State)they will finish no worst than 6-6 !!

P.M.A.

Don't stop believing Zipnation. :wave:

I I believe Akron has SEVEN Assistant Athletic Directors who, if the had they had ONE original thought in there brain it would die of loneliness. .... Giant Eagle, The Whistle, and no Media relationships !!! Spend some money, where is money going, $40 sweat shirts, $.35 cent bottles of Pepsi for $2.75 ???

. :wave:

Thor, I'll give you everything else but this one - how long you been a Zips fan? UAM has done more in the last five years in the Thomas regime than has ever been done here before. Waddel and Co. have an incredibly difficult job and I think in the face of it they try new stuff all the time.

What's the gripe with Giant Eagle? Or am I missing your point?

Sounds like the bandwagon is being put in the garage, very sad. I, for one, am optimistic about the team, the coach and the future of Zip athletics. "In the Zone" - nice work, you had some of the best observations yet............

Since I was the one that started the comment about keeping JD(aka Urban Myer), I stand by my comments and WOULD like to see the talented people we HAVE, stay in tact. ALL OF THEM!

Regarding the team and the loss......They are young and trying to make something happen, give em' a break.

Regarding the so called fans of Zips athletics, they don't exist.......The majority of them are made up of mothers/fathers of the players and some folks on this board. Thats it! Sad again.

Where are the rest of the 250,000+ in Akron. What is there that is so much fun to do in Akron? Is it because they need a winnner? If that is the case, we better build up the soccer stadium huh. I heard there was a good crowd at the last soccer game...........oh yea, it was Ohio State. Seriously, where are the hot spots in Akron, i missed them.

Blame it on the coaches, Blame it on the players, Blame it on the stadium, Blame it on the newspaper, etc. etc. etc. :puke:

I heard there was a good crowd at the last soccer game...........oh yea, it was Ohio State.

I was at the game. It was 97% Zips fans, 3% OSU. The Zips fans showed up to see their championship caliber team compete against a well known top 25 program in OSU. In the end the students rushed the field and celebrated with the team. Not 5 students, but probably 100+. Chest painted. Waving flags. Like college kids are supposed to be.

It is easy to dismiss Friday's soccer crowd as simply a bunch of Columbus wannabees that wanted to catch a glimpse of their heros from Columbus...it really would bolster your arguement...but it isn't even close to being true. 2,500 people from Akron were rooting against the Buckeyes last Friday night. It was a beautiful thing to behold.