It's Just a Game

Don't ask how I stumbled on this, but apparently someone played out the season in NCAA 2010 (2011?). There are three points of interest to Zip fans. First, the Zips win the MAC at 8-5, defeating NIU in the championship 17-10. Second, the Zips go on to win their bowl game, defeating Houston 30-16 in the GMAC Bowl (take that Mack!). Last, and certainly not least, check out who is named 1st team all-NCAA!! I guess that must be the alarm clock ringing in my ear :D

Link

Don't ask how I stumbled on this, but apparently someone played out the season in NCAA 2010 (2011?). There are three points of interest to Zip fans. First, the Zips win the MAC at 8-5, defeating NIU in the championship 17-10. Second, the Zips go on to win their bowl game, defeating Houston 30-16 in the GMAC Bowl (take that Mack!). Last, and certainly not least, check out who is named 1st team all-NCAA!! I guess that must be the alarm clock ringing in my ear :D

Link

Akron also won the GMAC bowl over Houston 30-16.

MAC was 3-1 in bowl games

*sigh*

What do you think some of our players ratings will be this year? I had to create Nicely, Wagner, and upgrade Rodgers and Bowser to satisfy my dynasty.

Link

Akron also won the GMAC bowl over Houston 30-16.

MAC was 3-1 in bowl games

*sigh*

What do you think some of our players ratings will be this year? I had to create Nicely, Wagner, and upgrade Rodgers and Bowser to satisfy my dynasty.

Besides Wagner, it's hard to imagine them rating any of the Zips too highly this year. From purely a numbers standpoint, last year's stats for the returning offensive players probably don't justify high ratings.

Link

I didn't know dreal played computer games.

Link

I didn't know dreal played computer games.

Well if he did play this particular scenario, wouldn't a certain DE with a copious carpal region have earned all-NCAA recognition instead of the victim of "textgate"?

I wholeheartedly agree with the Cap'n on this. I sure hope things the football board heats up come August.

On a side note, I just realized that Lemon was named all-NCAA as a STRONG SAFETY in this simulation. I knew he was out of position at LB last year :D

I may restart my dynasty, as from what I understand the Info will be in the game this year.

Actually I have Zips artwork for Madden 08 on PC, along with other schools. I may switch over to that as it seems easier to get around in, has AutoPass, and it's a heck of a lot easier to enter player's names.

does anyone know if the newst NCAA football game is going to have the INFO? last edition still had the rubber bowl

Yes for sure, ive seen pics on fan sites let me look for them.

edit* now that i think about it, it was just artwork...still cant find it though.

btw, we weren't the only school to have their new stadium excluded from last years game. TCF Bank Stadium (Minnesota) wasn't in last year either, they usually dont include stadium changes until the following year.

does anyone know if the newst NCAA football game is going to have the INFO? last edition still had the rubber bowl

Yes for sure, ive seen pics on fan sites let me look for them.

edit* now that i think about it, it was just artwork...still cant find it though.

btw, we weren't the only school to have their new stadium excluded from last years game. TCF Bank Stadium (Minnesota) wasn't in last year either, they usually dont include stadium changes until the following year.

It doesnt help that schools are usually getting the stadium finished a month or two before the season starts. The game is pretty much done at that point and going through debugging. Plus they have no reference for how the stadium looks with people in it. I think the grassy area behind the endzone and the brick wall will look pretty neat marching down the field.

I must say I am guilty of living in the past on my Gamecube.

I try not to brag too much about my mad skills, but I've had a lot of success especially on offense with Frye and Hendry. He is not fl.a.shy, but pretty solid at RB.

I just hate it though when Hixon gets an INT and gets chased down by the other teams 300 pound offensive lineman.

So realistic lol....

I try not to brag too much about my mad skills, but I've had a lot of success especially on offense with Frye and Hendry. He is not fl.a.shy, but pretty solid at RB.

I just hate it though when Hixon gets an INT and gets chased down by the other teams 300 pound offensive lineman.

So realistic lol....

I used to run the direct snap to Hendry in NCAA 2003 and it worked like a charm everytime. The only time it failed was against Wisconsin near the goal line. Some sort of glitch prevented him from scoring :lol:

So realistic lol....

I used to run the direct snap to Hendry in NCAA 2003 and it worked like a charm everytime. The only time it failed was against Wisconsin near the goal line. Some sort of glitch prevented him from scoring :lol:

Why do I have the feeling that Wisconsin scored on a huge TD pass soon after lol.

So realistic lol....

Why do I have the feeling that Wisconsin scored on a huge TD pass soon after lol.

And I thought I had Evans covered too :wall: I supposed I should have skipped the lame attempt at a "user pick" :lol:

The real question is .... will the Info have the crumbling cement in the game too?

alright, ill bite.

am I missing something here?

Were you at the spring game?

I would assume not...

Some of the stadium was not in the best repair. The topic was covered ad nauseum here

I wish more people around here had d1real's enthusiasm. The football board would be more fun.

Well he's fine as a Zips fan, but I would rather he was my doctor. At every visit I know he would tell me I was in perfect health and was going to live forever.

if you want I"ll put on a white coat and do that for you. you will have to pay me just the same however

I wish more people around here had d1real's enthusiasm. The football board would be more fun.

Well he's fine as a Zips fan, but I would rather he was my doctor. At every visit I know he would tell me I was in perfect health and was going to live forever.

He has endless enthusiasm...you have endless sarcasm. You two are really more alike than you'd want to admit.