Sweich Ready to Move on...

Nice article. The way that he handled himself in this situation, I will predict he is going to be a successful air traffic controller.

Good luck to him. :cheers:

Went to the Rec Center today with my son to show him the old man can still press some plates. As we were leaving I saw Steve on the ellpicital motoring big time. The big guy was really cracking it. I love that guy. He must be taking a summer course at UofA. I am going to check Cal. U's schedule and try to make it to at least one of their games.

• 3 weeks later...
I have always told all of you that Steve was like Rudy, but you never belived me.

Have already taken down all me zips stuff in the office, I am now a loyal Vulcan.

I wish you well Akron !!!!!

Oh....we thought you meant he was like Rudy Tomjanovich :D

Seriously, being originally from Western Pa myself, I sincerely hope Steve "lives long and prospers" as a Cal St Vulcan!

To be honest Uncle NBS, I always thought Steve had a lot more to offer Zips Basketball than Rudy did Notre Dame football.. Even if Steve didn't see a lot of time on the floor one could tell when watching a game that he played a big part on the team.

And I think one of the things that is most telling, probably with a lot of Zips fans that brought kids to the games, when I brought my younger cousins to a few games I always pointed out Steve as the sort of guy that is an example of an athlete that they should look up to. Kids learn from what they see, not what they're told, and Steve, I know for a fact, contributed to the template of helping some good kids on their journey to becoming good and honorable men.

Thanks Swiech family. Good luck in all of your future endeavors Steve. The Zips family supports you.