Away game chartered bus

akron football

I bought a pair of reserve seats for the 'Cuse game while at the FB scrimmage.

Told that only season ticket holders will be considered for away game tickets.

Hello .... just how stupid is the athletic department?

Here's a program several yards short of a full deck playing the "if you aren't on board as a season

ticket holder you can't come to our away games" game. Pure STUPID.

As previously noted: does Akron actually have an AD?

And they question why I refuse to give out of pocket donations and buy season tickets.

Hey, listen up ... I'm NOT the vain, stupid one.

Here's a program several yards short of a full deck playing the "if you aren't on board as a season

And they question why I refuse to give out of pocket donations and buy season tickets.

Are you kidding? They should sell tickets and help out anyone who is actually showing interest in the program.

Are you kidding? They should sell tickets and help out anyone who is actually showing interest in the program.

Amen

That is dumb. The whole away game thing hasn't been done very well for a long time. I've called the AD in years past (3-4 years ago) and they tell me they don't have tickets for away games. I go to the game anyway, and there are a bunch of what I assume are UA parents at the game sitting in an entirely different section. It's always nice to sit next to fellow Akron fans so why make it hard?

We are planning on going to Philly this year but we'll be going a few days early to see the sights. Trying to knock off more stadiums on my "Tour of the MAC".

Do you think that there would be enough support for a chartered bus for away games?

I would be interested in attending some away games.

I'm currently lining up a trip to go to Bloomington, it'd be icing on the cake if UA provided a bus.

I already have my tickets for the Indiana game. Can't wait to get over there.

Amen

You can always look forward to the UA-tosu game next year!

My hunch is there will be at least three buses full of Akron fans...err tosu fans dresses in blue and gold...That is, until the bus parks and everyone departs.

They all will peel off their Zips gear and head onto campus decked out in silver and red.

And speaking of Zips in non-UA gear....I'm looking forward to visiting with Shooting Joe tomorrow morning at the basketball golf outing decked out in his North Carolina gear.

Amen

You can always look forward to the UA-tosu game next year!

My hunch is there will be at least three buses full of Akron fans...err tosu fans dresses in blue and gold...That is, until the bus parks and everyone departs.

They all will peel off their Zips gear and head onto campus decked out in silver and red.

And speaking of Zips in non-UA gear....I'm looking forward to visiting with Shooting Joe tomorrow morning at the basketball golf outing decked out in his North Carolina gear.

Silver and red. :bow:

I am fully capable of driving myself to any of our away games. Save the buses for the students if anybody is to travel by bus at all. Put on your adult hat and drive yourself to the damn game. I don't want my day of football to feel like a middle school trip to Washington D.C..

I am fully capable of driving myself to any of our away games. Save the buses for the students if anybody is to travel by bus at all. Put on your adult hat and drive yourself to the damn game. I don't want my day of football to feel like a middle school trip to Washington D.C..

The nice part of a bus trip is that you are able to get your drink on with your fellow Zips fans and not have to worry about the ins and outs of tailgating at the away team's facilities. I am ok with a group caravan driving to said destination as well. I just want to be with other Zips fans.

I'm not much into the chartered bus concept.

The bus is good if you're just going from A-to-B to watch the game. I like checking-out the opposing school's campus and going out on the town the evening prior to the game, then tailgating with the locals on game day...and then watching the game. For me, the Zips vs. K.entucky will be a weekend event, not a 4-hour game.

100% of all marketing efforts should be put into selling tickets for home events. Bus trips are a waste of effort for the marketing staff. Stay focused on selling tickets for home games.

Next year when they play at tOSU, reserved season ticket holders from 2010 should be able to purchase tickets at a 1:1 ratio for this game as long as they re-up their season tickets. Those who want to just buy tickets for this game should be required to purchase five general admission tickets for every game for every one ticket they get for the tOSU game. I don't care how they do it, just make it so the tOSU fans masquerading as Zips fans have to pay at least $600 to go to this game.

100% of all marketing efforts should be put into selling tickets for home events. Bus trips are a waste of effort for the marketing staff. Stay focused on selling tickets for home games.

Next year when they play at tOSU, reserved season ticket holders from 2010 should be able to purchase tickets at a 1:1 ratio for this game as long as they re-up their season tickets. Those who want to just buy tickets for this game should be required to purchase five general admission tickets for every game for every one ticket they get for the tOSU game. I don't care how they do it, just make it so the tOSU fans masquerading as Zips fans have to pay at least $600 to go to this game.

:bow::bow:

I'm not much into the chartered bus concept.

The bus is good if you're just going from A-to-B to watch the game. I like checking-out the opposing school's campus and going out on the town the evening prior to the game, then tailgating with the locals on game day...and then watching the game. For me, the Zips vs. K.entucky will be a weekend event, not a 4-hour game.

I agree with staying a night in a road location if able...I looked into a charter bus for Akron but the driver only has a 16 duty day. So then you are looking at hotels, buying a room for the driver, etc...the costs go way up.

Looking at your schedule the two best games for a cheaper charter would be Ohio or Ball State. Ball State would be a long day but you could do it. I think the game in Athens would be the one I picked as the weather should be good in mid October. Also, you don't have to get a huge bus...they have 20 to 30 seat ones too. Start small...get a party bus for 25 or so. Get a list going...have a drop dead date to commit...get the money upfront through Paypal or by check....just my 2 cents.