Tulsa - THE BIG GAME!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In most polls, they are #2 including the NSCAA and Top Drawer Soccer so this is effectively a matchup of #1 vs. #2 (again). Where the hell is College (Soccer) Gameday on ESPN for this? :) Tulsa has a good squad, including a couple of very good forwards in Austin Neil and Ashley McInnes who are their leading scorers. Their schedule has not been really tough so far (Seattle, Lipscomb, Western Illinois, SIU-Edwardsville and St. Louis and none of those teams are ranked) and they have Missouri State this evening. So I don't think they've been tested too much yet, but they still have a good team. They have been scored on in three of those five games so at worst I expect to have a 2-1 victory. Go Zips!

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/soccer...ek-in-soccer-12

COLLEGE: We’re excited about Friday night’s game on Fox Soccer. No. 1 Akron is a joy to watch, and No. 3 Tulsa is really, really good, too. Men’s soccer might be the best college sport for those tired of seeing nothing but BCS schools all the time. But if you like BCS schools, the women’s game on ESPNU will work.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/soccer...ek-in-soccer-12

COLLEGE: We’re excited about Friday night’s game on Fox Soccer. No. 1 Akron is a joy to watch, and No. 3 Tulsa is really, really good, too. Men’s soccer might be the best college sport for those tired of seeing nothing but BCS schools all the time. But if you like BCS schools, the women’s game on ESPNU will work.

I thought you just wrote those last two sentences as a joke so I went to go see what they really wrote. Un-freaking believable, what an ignorant comment. Oh, did Kyle Martino write it? And 14 of the top 25 NSCAA ranked school are BCS schools. I get very tired of the eliitist attitude that exists with that set of schools. Most are exactly the same as Akron in quality.

Tulsa just went up 2-1. 3 minutes to go.

OT is "golden goal", which means sudden death. Tulsa wins. Good result for Friday.

Actually, it's called "sudden victory" in soccer.

Here's the link to the Tulsa soccer message board.

We seem to have a kindred spirit on their board:

Re: 2010 TU Soccer Thread Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TU soccer is currently the only football on campus that isn't totally depressing!

Posted from wireless.rivals.com

Posted on 9/19 4:40 PM | IP: Logged

But their football team is way better than ours. Our futbol team is only a little better than theirs. :)