Have to Log in Over and Over

Why is it that every time I come on the Zn.o, I am directed to log in before posting to any thread, and no matter how many times I post on the same visit, I have to log in before each new post? This has just started happening this week -- where I am redirected for every post. I'm not concerned about logging-in when I come on the board, but for Pete's sake, every post?

What operating system and browser are you using? Home computer or are you on a work computer with a network?

Problem has cured itself, for now at least. No problem at work on network, but I get unlogged often -- at least every time I log off the computer -- at home. For some reason, I was getting unlogged after every post last night. Using Explorer/MSN9 with Vista.

Using Explorer/MSN9 with Vista.
I avoid all Microsoft products like the plague when possible. My first piece of advice would be to try switching to Firefox as your browser. Use Zipsnation with that for a while and see if the problem persists, if it doesn't, Exploder, I mean Explorer is your problem. If it doesn't, something else is.

A couple of quick searches on your issue:

Cookies expiring?

Cookies blocked? Add-ons blocked?

This thread sounds like your issue. It was a server problem Anyone else having this issue, I'm not?

Let us know.

Why is it that every time I come on the Zn.o, I am directed to log in before posting to any thread, and no matter how many times I post on the same visit, I have to log in before each new post? This has just started happening this week -- where I am redirected for every post. I'm not concerned about logging-in when I come on the board, but for Pete's sake, every post?

Z.I.P., I'm here to help by giving you every bit of computer knowledge I have....Try turning your computer off and then turning it back on.

Z.I.P., I'm here to help by giving you every bit of computer knowledge I have....Try turning your computer off and then turning it back on.

Wow. It worked! :P I hope you're not looking for remuneration. I will simply say that your wisdom is infinite. Except for politics. And as they say, everything is political.

Well, it's going on again tonight. Late night EST -- but prime time in the Hawaiian time zone. Also, one post that I made disappeared when I refreshed the thread. Server error?? I notice I've been the only member logged in the last two hours.

Most of us are asleep when you are prowling the forums.

'Z.I.P.' date='Oct 21 2010, 02:29 AM'