just when I was starting to not mind OSwho

zipseuph

sorry buckzip nothing personal, but after reading this I'm a little upset with OSwho.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5845736

seriously? these guys play as many butter cups as possible and are always over rated. the big 10 is up from what it was in several years, but there were two times in a row that OSwho had no business in the championship game. (and it showed)

sorry buckzip nothing personal, but after reading this I'm a little upset with OSwho.

seriously? these guys play as many butter cups as possible and are always over rated. the big 10 is up from what it was in several years, but there were two times in a row that OSwho had no business in the championship game. (and it showed)

I like the video response to this http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5846737

I agree that Geek needs to STFU. He has no business saying this BS. This is the same idiot who a while back said the tie with scUM was the greatest victory for OSU...

As for your 2 times not deserving of the NC game. You are wrong. They deserved to be there against Florida. But they were over confident and Troy Smith spending a month on the banquet circuit killed that. I know the haters will argue that, but anyone that watched the team that season knows they deserved to be there and everyone in the CFB world thought they would beat Florida.. Only the haters won't see that. I guess beating the #2 team in the country 3 times in 1 season isn't deserving

The second time I will agree with you. They backed in against LSU. It seemed that year nobody wanted to play in the NCG.

I agree that Geek needs to STFU. He has no business saying this BS. This is the same idiot who a while back said the tie with scUM was the greatest victory for OSU...

As for your 2 times not deserving of the NC game. You are wrong. They deserved to be there against Florida. But they were over confident and Troy Smith spending a month on the banquet circuit killed that. I know the haters will argue that, but anyone that watched the team that season knows they deserved to be there and everyone in the CFB world thought they would beat Florida.. Only the haters won't see that. I guess beating the #2 team in the country 3 times in 1 season isn't deserving

The second time I will agree with you. They backed in against LSU. It seemed that year nobody wanted to play in the NCG.

Even though my distaste for OSU has grown over the last 2 years, I have to agree with you, Buckzip. First off, Gordon needs to stfu and not make stupid comments like these. All he's done with those statements is give more fuel to the haters, naysayers, and everyone on the "OSU is overrated" bandwagon. Whether or not they are right is irrelevant; what is relevant is that both TCU and Boise would probably run circles around OSU. They are DAMN good teams and they are fully deserving of their ranking.

Really rooting for either Boise or TCU (but not both) to make the National title game and the other to make another BCS level game just to see what happens. The folks who set up the BCS give lip service to this being a possibility but never thought someone might actually walk through the loophole. Go Alabama! or Go Arizona! Someone knock one of the top two off the perch. By the way, did you notice the TCU AD's comments about OSU's schedule?

"Especially when I start to look at their nonconference schedule made up of the MAC schools -- that'd be Ohio, Eastern Michigan. I had no idea they were going out and testing themselves week in and week out." If TCU will pay us I say we voluntarily give up our slot against OSU next year, give it to TCU and then play Arkansas St.

The MAC, the whipping boy of big time college football. :)

This is the thinking that drives college football, and will hold back anybody but about a dozen programs for anything (championships, awards) as long as these elitists are in control.

He likes to brag about how strong the Big Ten schedule is. But the bottom half of the Big Ten would have a real challenge in the WAC, MWC, CUSA, or MAC. Why should the 104th and 105th rated programs in the country be eligible for stuff the 3rd and 4th rated teams are? Just because of their conference? If the conference is the only problem, let these schools into the "legacy" conferences and drop some of the dead weight. They don't WANT anyone outside the big 4 or 5 conferences to be able to show what they're capable of. They just might be that good.

I'm glad college basketball isn't controlled by these elitists...

Until the AD's of the MAC realize this and then stop scheduling the medium ten schools, this will not change.

If we get to play as many of these games at home as we do on the road, then I would reconsider. Otherwise, the MAC needs to start scheduling winnable games.

Until the AD's of the MAC realize this and then stop scheduling the medium ten schools, this will not change.

If we get to play as many of these games at home as we do on the road, then I would reconsider. Otherwise, the MAC needs to start scheduling winnable games.

There should be a MAC-Sunbelt challenge or maybe MAC-CUSA. Every team gets one home and one away game. This ensures a home game every year, and also a winnable road game.

There should be a MAC-Sunbelt challenge or maybe MAC-CUSA. Every team gets one home and one away game. This ensures a home game every year, and also a winnable road game.

Or MAC/Big East. Different conferences do this in basketball, why not football?

This is funny. I was talking to some Cowlumbus State fans over the holiday, and they are totally defending this guy's comments. Told me I am "concentrating on every little word he said" and "not understanding that he really meant", instead of understanding that at least "most" of their games are against competitive teams.

Hilarious...but expected.

This is funny. I was talking to some Cowlumbus State fans over the holiday, and they are totally defending this guy's comments. Told me I am "concentrating on every little word he said" and "not understanding that he really meant", instead of understanding that at least "most" of their games are against competitive teams.

Hilarious...but expected.

Cowlumbus State..Are you 8?

I'm sure you were talking to them too. LOL

It doesn't matter what the rankings of teams are, it only matters what you do. What if the #2 teams are in fact not very good?

tOSU is one of about ten darlings of voters. No matter what they do, they are always going to be highly ranked going into seasons. Schedule four cupcakes and walk through an easy Big Ten during their weekly punting festivals is how tOSU stays near the top. The illusion is much greater than the reality. Don't get me wrong, tOSU has good players and does what they have to do to win games in a bad conference and a cupcake OOC. The winning is what it is. I'm looking forward to tOSU having to play an SEC team this bowl season. It is usually a good reality check for tOSU fans. For me, my dislike for tOSU is has much more to do with their silly fans than the team itself. They produce a lot of really good NFL backup players....there, I said something nice about the players.

It doesn't matter what the rankings of teams are, it only matters what you do. What if the #2 teams are in fact not very good?

tOSU is one of about ten darlings of voters. No matter what they do, they are always going to be highly ranked going into seasons. Schedule four cupcakes and walk through an easy Big Ten during their weekly punting festivals is how tOSU stays near the top. The illusion is much greater than the reality. Don't get me wrong, tOSU has good players and does what they have to do to win games in a bad conference and a cupcake OOC. The winning is what it is. I'm looking forward to tOSU having to play an SEC team this bowl season. It is usually a good reality check for tOSU fans. For me, my dislike for tOSU is has much more to do with their silly fans than the team itself. They produce a lot of really good NFL backup players....there, I said something nice about the players.

I was actually agreeing with pretty much everything you said, including about a lot of their fans, until your uninformed post about the conference and players. You may want to look at some NFL rosters and starters and pro bowl rosters before making such posts.

3 top 10 teams and 4 top 20 teams is certainly a bad conference... :rofl: And that is wth 2 perenial powers currently way down in scUM and PSU.

I don't even know why I even attempt to discuss this stuff with some of you guys. You suffer from such SPE that it makes it impossible to have a real discussion. You hate OSU so much that nothing will change that. They could go 12-0, win the NC have the #1 SOS in the nation and you would still find some way to discredit them.

There is smack talk, which I enjoy, and there is this crap. To have a real smack talk conversation, both sides need to be honest and somewhat objective. You aren't. Your hate overtakes you. Not only that, but smack talk between non rivals or teams playing each other is worthless.

HAHA :lol:

• 2 years later...

And E. Gordon Gee-Whiz srikes again. Taking shots at Notre Dame, the SEC and Louisville. After all OSU has been through lately this complete embarassment of a president who continues to shove his foot in his mouth has to be at the very least uncomfortable for OSU. Would you rather have him or Proenza as your school president right now? And thank you Yahoo sports for using a picture that had Jim Tressel in the background.

And E. Gordon Gee-Whiz srikes again. Taking shots at Notre Dame, the SEC and Louisville. After all OSU has been through lately this complete embarassment of a president who continues to shove his foot in his mouth has to be at the very least uncomfortable for OSU. Would you rather have him or Proenza as your school president right now? And thank you Yahoo sports for using a picture that had Jim Tressel in the background.

As an academic person, It upsets me that this clown is the president of an institution, let alone one of the largest in the country.

I am not sure what is it that qualifies him for a job of that caliber. I am not an OSU expert/fan, so I would appreciate the insights of OSU alumni who can shed some light on the good attributes of Dr. Gee.