Rock you like a Hurricane!

Quickzips

and we are FINALLY back to playing basketball after a 20 minute delay.

and a horrible call right away. The guy just rolled onto the ground with the ball and no traveling...shocking.

I don't think we will be accepting another invitation to this tournament. The horn broke at the arena too.

What a joke of a week.

It seems to me that when teams play three games in three days the 3 point shooting seems to suffer. The Zips live and die by the 3, so these tournament setups against bigger teams on Day 3s may not be the best situation for us. I would rather have played Miami on Day 2.

The amazing after-game thought for me is that we played a team who shot 1-11 from 3-point range. You should be able to beat ANY team that shoots 1-11 from 3-point range in a game.

Why didn't we win then? Because we're a poor shooting team ourselves.

I'm puzzled at how Bardo played 22 minutes without committing a since foul. That's a minor miracle to me. :bow:

Can the Zips muster the effort and focus necessary to beat a Big East team? Can they avoid the dreaded 8-minute scoring drought?

Those are the two Keys to the Game:

1.) Have a swagger to compete, and don't play timid

2.) Avoid "Dry Pouch"

Stealing a line from GoZips.com: "Only 3 hours and 45minutes until kick-off!!" :rock:

0-2.

Left nut remains intact.

Zips played a nice tourney. 2-1 is what was to be expected. However, this team needs McNees to wake up. He's going to get his 30 minutes per game the remainder of the season, and take his 6-12 shots per game. If he has a 20% 3-point percentage at year's end, we're looking at another CBI bid.

The Zips have a lot of work to do between now and the K.e.n.t. game. We've played terrible at home. And K.e.n.t. is the type of team that gives us the most trouble...yes...the dreaded "athletic" team.

At work I bet a lunch with two guys...K.e.n.t. Fan and NIU Fan...on every Zips vs. <K.e.n.t. or NIU> basketball and football game. I took a lunch time beating in 2010. It has to change in 2011.

I hope Brett McKnight gets his team ready for the K.e.n.t. game. K.e.n.t's waxed us the past 2 years. It has to stop on January 8th.

Can the Zips muster the effort and focus necessary to beat a Big East team? Can they avoid the dreaded 8-minute scoring drought?

Those are the two Keys to the Game:

1.) Have a swagger to compete, and don't play timid

2.) Avoid "Dry Pouch"

Stealing a line from GoZips.com: "Only 3 hours and 45minutes until kick-off!!" :rock:

0-2.

Left nut remains intact.

Zips played a nice tourney. 2-1 is what was to be expected. However, this team needs McNees to wake up. He's going to get his 30 minutes per game the remainder of the season, and take his 6-12 shots per game. If he has a 20% 3-point percentage at year's end, we're looking at another CBI bid.

The Zips have a lot of work to do between now and the K.e.n.t. game. We've played terrible at home. And K.e.n.t. is the type of team that gives us the most trouble...yes...the dreaded "athletic" team.

At work I bet a lunch with two guys...K.e.n.t. Fan and NIU Fan...on every Zips vs. <K.e.n.t. or NIU> basketball and football game. I took a lunch time beating in 2010. It has to change in 2011.

I hope Brett McKnight gets his team ready for the K.e.n.t. game. K.e.n.t's waxed us the past 2 years. It has to stop on January 8th.

Amen!! Seems like a long time since we won 4 in a row from them. And there was really no difference with the make-up of the two teams back then. Can't was the more athletic team back then too. But we were Very Good. Over the last couple of years, we've probably only been "good". And that hasn't been good enough against the kinds of athletes Can't can put on the floor against us.

Didn't get to listen to much of the game yesterday as work kept me away from French and Co. Doesn't sound like I missed a whole lot other than Brett McKnight's obligatory monster game that makes us all salivate over his potential. I have to say, I'm very disappointed by Zeke overall the last two games. Most of us thought the UALR game was a turning point for him, then he goes out and picks up silly fouls two games in a row and is basically a non-factor. I understand the ref situation, but at some point Zeke has to realize we need him on the floor more. Even if it means dialing it back a bit on the shot-blocking. We just can't have him playing only 9 minutes in big games like that. It is unfortunate that the Zips failed once again to rack up the marquee OOC win this season (save for a potential bracketbuster game), but I'm hoping that the silver lining will be a much better prepared Zips program after going on the road for a good deal of the OOC season and taking on some pretty tough teams. The Zips have two cupcakes left on the OOC schedule. Let's get back on track and take a nice two game winning streak into the conference season.

..... at some point Zeke has to realize we need him on the floor more. Even if it means dialing it back a bit on the shot-blocking. We just can't have him playing only 9 minutes in big games like that. .....

Yep, KD said it's his responsibility to help Zeke become an All-America player. Can't do that sitting on the bench in foul trouble. This has to become the focal point of Zeke's development. It doesn't matter how good he becomes in any aspect of the game if he doesn't learn to control the foul situation first and foremost. Zeke needs to start fast on the offensive end and start slowly on the defensive end. He can slowly ramp up defensive pressure throughout the game as long as he stays out of foul trouble. If he can get to the final five minutes without being in foul trouble, then he can turn into a defensive blocking monster and help seal wins.

..... at some point Zeke has to realize we need him on the floor more. Even if it means dialing it back a bit on the shot-blocking. We just can't have him playing only 9 minutes in big games like that. .....

Yep, KD said it's his responsibility to help Zeke become an All-America player. Can't do that sitting on the bench in foul trouble. This has to become the focal point of Zeke's development. It doesn't matter how good he becomes in any aspect of the game if he doesn't learn to control the foul situation first and foremost. Zeke needs to start fast on the offensive end and start slowly on the defensive end. He can slowly ramp up defensive pressure throughout the game as long as he stays out of foul trouble. If he can get to the final five minutes without being in foul trouble, then he can turn into a defensive blocking monster and help seal wins.

Those are excellent points. Early in many games, Zeke is an easy and obvious target for refs who are attempting to establish a tone for the remainder of the contest. Same goes for the first few minutes of the 2nd half.

Zeke is unquestionably an unselfish, team-first player. The coaching staff just needs to drill it into his head that staying out of foul trouble helps the team more than trying so hard on defense that he draws excessive fouls. Zeke needs to be taught that the worst thing he can do for the team is to foul out. If the coaching staff can teach Zeke to play smart defense, as opposed to swatting at everything that moves, the Zips will win more games because they will be a better team.