Happy or Unhappy

akron football

How's everybody feeling about our team? Are you all happy with the coaching and QB play? Personally I'm disgusted, you know you go thru a season and try to see what's wrong with the team and at this time in the season what do you all knowing see that should be changed?
You paying more attention in English class??

How's everybody feeling about our team? Are you all happy with the coaching and QB play? Personally I'm disgusted, you know you go thru a season and try to see what's wrong with the team and at this time in the season what do you all knowing see that should be changed?
Grammar smack is about as lame as it gets......sorry professor...apparently not everyone has the impressive IQ that you possess....his point it well takenthe team sucks, the coach is abysmal...and some posters are dbags

After a brief respite from such things,unfortunately there are one or two folks out there who for whatever personal reasons have decided to resume the personal attack mode when responding to posts with which they do not agree. Most people don't have a problem if you disagree with them if you can do it in a civil manner. If reading the posts on this site is that upsetting,please take a deep breath before responding. Or,have another beer!

It's way too limiting to only call out the coaching and QB play. What I saw yesterday in almost all areas of the Zips' game left me feeling pretty depressed. There is no quick and easy solution to be had by focusing on one or two areas.

the biggest difference is in the offensive line play.ou really beat up are o-line.i know we have some guys injured; so getting guys back im sure would help.if we could get the running game going with chisom it keep the defense off the feild.i am trying to be objective even though the facts are facts.our defense still gave up over 500 yards to a mac school. if we get our O line personell back i think this could still be a decent offense.i have no answers for the defense.they are just terrible.

Grammar smack is about as lame as it gets......sorry professor...apparently not everyone has the impressive IQ that you possess....his point it well takenthe team sucks, the coach is abysmal...and some posters are dbags
When someone posts the same thing week after week after week I think a little sarcasm is justified. So...respectfully KMA

When someone posts the same thing week after week after week I think a little sarcasm is justified. So...respectfully KMA
"You paying more attention in English class??"You might want to ask that same question to yourself. :wave:

"You paying more attention in English class??"You might want to ask that same question to yourself. :wave:
Point taken. I guess I should pay more attention.Just trying to be a little sarcastic with a poster who has posted the same thing for the last 4 weeks. I probably should have just repeated what we did last week...just provide what was for dinner (I know... is poor grammar)

Point taken. I guess I should pay more attention.Just trying to be a little sarcastic with a poster who has posted the same thing for the last 4 weeks. I probably should have just repeated what we did last week...just provide what was for dinner (I know... is poor grammar)
It's not easy being an Akron Football fan. A lot of us believe it's only going to get worse under Ianello. I've realized that we're stuck with him for at least another year or 2, and it's very hard to stomach. I understand you still have hope that Ianello will turn things around, but a lot of us don't. We have sufficient reason to blame this on Ianello.We are all passionate Akron fans here. It's not easy to do nothing when you know what's causing the problem.Hiring Ianello was a step backwards for the program and it's going to be awhile until we see a step forward. :(

It's not easy being an Akron Football fan. A lot of us believe it's only going to get worse under Ianello. I've realized that we're stuck with him for at least another year or 2, and it's very hard to stomach. I understand you still have hope that Ianello will turn things around, but a lot of us don't. We have sufficient reason to blame this on Ianello.We are all passionate Akron fans here. It's not easy to do nothing when you know what's causing the problem.Hiring Ianello was a step backwards for the program and it's going to be awhile until we see a step forward. :(
The problem is: what can we do?? Nothing really. Although I am not happy with the way things are going, there are some reasons to have hope. I just believe it is not helpful to continually bash this guy and the program. If you look back....you will see many made this determination about iCoach prior to any games being played. Some of the things he is getting bashed for are really petty. Dispite what anyone thinks, he will get 3 years before there is consideration to terminate his contract. If there is no improvement next year, I believe TW and LP will pull the plug. IMHO I think it is counterproductive to continually bash this guy.So...although I am not happy...I will continue to support the coach and team. But I have decided not to participate in the football forum until after the end of this season. Better to just let everybody vent their anger and frustration.

We have sufficient reason to blame this on Ianello.
A problem this big isn't caused by only one person. The current condition of the Zips football program is due to a broken system. Coach I is going to do exactly what he said he was going to do in his job interview. He didn't hire himself. The AD and a hiring board of God knows who...I can only assume complete incompetents hired the guy. Firing Coach I isn't going to solve the entire problem.

A problem this big isn't caused by only one person. The current condition of the Zips football program is due to a broken system. Coach I is going to do exactly what he said he was going to do in his job interview. He didn't hire himself. The AD and a hiring board of God knows who...I can only assume complete incompetents hired the guy. Firing Coach I isn't going to solve the entire problem.
It's not a system, it's a process. :)

It's not a system, it's a process. :)
Call it what you want, it's not working. And iCoach has no intention of winning...his play calling and game decisions are all the proof you need of that. Where are all the commitments from these 3/3+ recruits that our "recruiter" of a coach should be landing? A gorgeous fall day of football and the best part is the partying that takes place a few hours BEFORE the game!And to anyone supporting the program after this year, you're just contributing to the problem. I hate to say it, but the only thing that will get iCoach out after two seasons is a concerted effort from the fans/alumni. From the end of the season forward until iCoach is gone, that is likely the best thing we can do to show our support and to improve the program.I am amazed that the players remain motivated to still play hard. And whoever said that on an individual basis, we match up evenly on talent with most other MAC teams is spot on! It's the coaching that is lacking and preventing these players from performing well as a team.

There is an alternative that is cheaper and more enjoyable. Heck, you don't even have to pay for parking. I would only go to a few soccer games here and there over the past 6-7 years but I converted 100% this year by buying season tickets. Have not missed a single game and have had more fun at the soccer games than I ever did watching football (except for the Motor City Bowl). I played football my entire life and have followed Akron football since high school. I even became a cheerleader for a couple years just to get closer to the field and be a part of the program. But soccer is now my new #1 sport. I'm not saying soccer is for everyone, but there are alternatives to find happiness with the Zips. BTW, basketball starts soon. If you want happiness, good luck finding it with Akron Football.

@trimmy10, just for clarification, when you say Ianello "has no intention of winning," you don't really mean to imply that he prefers losing to winning, do you? Because in all the years I've followed sports, I've never heard of a coach or player who doesn't prefer winning to losing. Now we've all seen coaches and players who've tried to win and weren't able to, so I'm going to assume that's what you really meant unless you say otherwise.

@trimmy10, just for clarification, when you say Ianello "has no intention of winning," you don't really mean to imply that he prefers losing to winning, do you? Because in all the years I've followed sports, I've never heard of a coach or player who doesn't prefer winning to losing. Now we've all seen coaches and players who've tried to win and weren't able to, so I'm going to assume that's what you really meant unless you say otherwise.
if Ianello (or maybe the OC, I don't know who calls the plays) preferred winning, we wouldn't kick a FG when down 20. Whether you make it or miss, you're still down by three scores. It does absolutely nothing to help you win. It's just basic math. So you should go for the TD because if you get that you can cut it to two scores and then the onside kick is actually meaningful. Our players aren't dumb, they can do the math. They saw that by choosing to kick a FG in that scenario our coach chose losing over winning. To a person with the mindset of our coaches, purposefully blowing the chance to win with plenty of time left gives the staff the opportunity to run the plays that they feel need to be evaluated in a game situation. Halfway through the season they're more concerned with putting together schemes than winning. They're doing the stuff that should be done in the spring and pre-season while other teams have successfully completed most of that stuff by the second week and are putting it into practice to try and win games.

This has become silly, Ianello was and is the worst hire since Rodregous for Michigan. He has no business coaching at this level. The players hate him and he's so arrogant that you truly want to punch his lights out. He's never done anything to be so arrogant, hell I could recruit at Notre Dame, Wisconsin and Arizona where blue chip guys come thru the door on a daily basis. If he's allowed to coach another year this AD has to go with him!!!!!!