Ban on talking football for the rest of the year?

MDZip

I absolutely love college football, but I'm so demoralized over our program I hardly care anymore. I don't believe I've made a football-related post since the week before the Central Michigan game.

I stayed home & watched the Can't game on t.v. We lost again. I don't think I even care. I haven't felt like this since I started religiously following the Zippers about 20 years ago.

The sadest part is they inflated attendance numbers to show a 26% increase over last year

I stayed at home today, but watched the game. If it is inflated, there could have not been 15k actual bodies there today.

The game felt like a Browns/Steelers game. It's a weird feeling not to care anymore. We just got it handed to us on our own field and it doesn't bother me - something is really wrong with that.

Typing this from the student union and very much looking forward to heading over to the Hiram/Akron bball game in a few minutes.

Go Zips.

I absolutely love college football, but I'm so demoralized over our program I hardly care anymore. I don't believe I've made a football-related post since the week before the Central Michigan game.

I stayed home & watched the Can't game on t.v. We lost again. I don't think I even care. I haven't felt like this since I started religiously following the Zippers about 20 years ago.

I am a newcomer. I didn't expect a winning season (I watched or listened to most of the games last year) but I did not expect the absence of hope. Watching this team is an exercise in a failure of logic. The team HAS gotten better but with exactly nothing to show for it. If it is this discouraging to me, it must be devasting to those young athletes.

The team HAS gotten better but with exactly nothing to show for it. If it is this discouraging to me, it must be devasting to those young athletes.

This team is worse right now than it was at the beginning of the season. A lot of people look at the results from year to year. I like to look to see if a coach can make a team better during the course of a single season and this coach is falling well short of expectations.

The team HAS gotten better but with exactly nothing to show for it. If it is this discouraging to me, it must be devasting to those young athletes.

This team is worse right now than it was at the beginning of the season. A lot of people look at the results from year to year. I like to look to see if a coach can make a team better during the course of a single season and this coach is falling well short of expectations.

Maybe that's the case, and the lack of any progress should be a barometer for judging a coach. But I'm just curious. What did you find was better about the beginning of the season? The blowout loss to OSWho? Temple? or Cincinnati?

Whatever hope we may have had when we played some competitive games in the middle part of the season definitely disappeared the last two weeks.

I am a newcomer. I didn't expect a winning season (I watched or listened to most of the games last year) but I did not expect the absence of hope. Watching this team is an exercise in a failure of logic. The team HAS gotten better but with exactly nothing to show for it. If it is this discouraging to me, it must be devasting to those young athletes.

I can tell you first hand, it IS discouraging to those young athletes. The coach lost their respect last year. He came in here bragging about his connection to Notre Dame, thinking that that was all that was needed to qualify him, and thinking that we and the players would all be in awe of him.

Well, guess what? NO ONE respects him - and especially the players - I can assure you first hand!

:thumb:

What did you find was better about the beginning of the season?

A couple things. First, I thought the defensive like, in the first half of the osu game, played better than they did yesterday. Second, I don't see the RB running as hard right now as he did at the beginning of the season.